Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• The Tomorrowland One

Re: Exiting Disneyland through backstage.

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    using backstage for crowd control is bush league. considering what they charge for park admissin, they need to get their act together and construct passages large enough to safely handle peak crowds.
    Ok, let's just tear down all of Main Street and build it 40 ft wider. Oops, we gotta change Jungle Cruise to allow room for the back of house access still. Not to even go into the mess that would cause on the other side of Main Street.

Really, the place is approaching 60 years old. It was built to allow the crowds of then, not now. They have to work with what they have now.

And the whole taking pictures backstage thing... The best reason I remember for it was when I was in my middle school marching band. So good, I remember it to this day. They told us "We want you have memories of the park and your time in it, not back stage. It is neat and you'll remember it, but please, do not take pictures of it."

And don't get me started on the idiot College Program kids who almost got CMs banned from WDI's campus for taking pics backstage...

• Under that tree again!

using backstage for crowd control is bush league. considering what they charge for park admissin, they need to get their act together and construct passages large enough to safely handle peak crowds.
    While some people think a second way to get to the exits is obviously in need reality is different.

The thing is that it would be a waste of money. It's not needed. It could pay for itself only if DL need more retail space. If it did, it would already be there. Why build something for the 2%, I mean they only use the backstage as an exit several days a year. That's it, 6 of 365 just rounds up to 2%.

• Parking Lot > DCA

How would you propose they do that?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    How would you propose they do that?
    A secret escape tunnel, of course.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

NO! What Main Street needs is a MONORAIL! With a CAPITAL M! Right down the middle. Let me go get my all boy marching band and then we'll sing a song about it.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Hukuna Matata!

Wow I have never done this. I hope I get to in the near future.

•   
    • Banned User

All responses above, aside, isn't this already happening? I recall a thread here a few months ago about DL moving forward on creating an alley between Space Mountain and Main Street that would parallel the length of Main Street.

Main Street USA expansion

• -

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    All responses above, aside, isn't this already happening? I recall a thread here a few months ago about DL moving forward on creating an alley between Space Mountain and Main Street that would parallel the length of Main Street.

Main Street USA expansion
    There have been rumors on here, but no official confirmation.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Rock Star Minion

The issue is "peak exiting crowd."
    I've seen similar issues at WDW, where the "final performance" of the night occurs after the park has closed. Both "Fantasmic" and the EPCOT shows were scheduled after the parks closed. Nothing to do afterward but to exit. Now, those examples are simply logistically stupid, though there is plenty of room. What Disneyland does is more demographic in nature. Too many guests want to leave after the fireworks for whatever reasons they place on themselves (one of which is that most are on Main Street USA and the exit is right there).
    After the fireworks is the best time to catch three or ten last attractions before leaving.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I am number 4 of 999

The whole point of opening the backstage areas is to clear congestion. So you stop to take a picture. Then someone else gets the idea. Then three. Then seven. Then you have people taking pictures and clogging the walkway that they SPECIFICALLY opened to relieve congestion.

THAT is why you are asked to keep the traffic flowing and not take pictures.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Google Disneyland backstage and did you ever notice how many pictures are of cast members? Bet they are no longer cast members, but you get to see some great pics!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    The whole point of opening the backstage areas is to clear congestion. So you stop to take a picture. Then someone else gets the idea. Then three. Then seven. Then you have people taking pictures and clogging the walkway that they SPECIFICALLY opened to relieve congestion.

THAT is why you are asked to keep the traffic flowing and not take pictures.
    Exactly.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Us castmembers like to think its very immature to post backstage photos

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• DCP DLR Alumnus!

Quote Originally Posted by SFDave View Post
    Google Disneyland backstage and did you ever notice how many pictures are of cast members? Bet they are no longer cast members, but you get to see some great pics!
    Sometimes CMs take backstage photos with permission. I have a few of my own, but you won't find them online because I don't post them (not even on my private facebook profile!). But you're right, I'm sure some of them did not have permission and are no longer CMs as a result. I know quite a few are no longer with the company because they tried to take pictures during previews of Star Tours and Little Mermaid!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    As a fellow Cast Member, I would have to agree. I've only taken backstage pics with permission from a lead/manager (usually during special Cast events), and I never have and never will post them online. The only reason why I took the pictures was because I had permission to do so and because I wanted a special memory so that I'll have a great way to remember all of the roles I've had as a Cast Member (I'm currently in my 3rd role).
    Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
    http://tcox91.tumblr.com

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    Apparently not all of you feel that way as there are plenty of pictures of workers behind the scenes online.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast