Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
  1. #16

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,170

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Disneyland is already too packed , now DCA as well has to high wait times DCA needs more e ticket rides in Hollywood land and one behind cars land do you agree please share your thoughts cause I only see the resort getting more packed year by year 3rd park here we come finish by 2018
    With the addition of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street, attendance times were expected, and will continue to be high. And if I remember correctly, attendance still didn't quite hit what TDA was anticipating.

    As far as putting an attraction/land behind Cars Land, I think that is nearly impossible. Between Tower of Terror, Cars Land, backstage, and Disney Way there is hardly any room. Let alone room for something to relieve crowding.

  2. #17

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    As far as putting an attraction/land behind Cars Land, I think that is nearly impossible. Between Tower of Terror, Cars Land, backstage, and Disney Way there is hardly any room. Let alone room for something to relieve crowding.
    There's still quite a bit of room between Carsland and ToT. Plus a lot of room between Harbor Blvd and the start of DCA. Unless the tram that Anaheim is planning will use that right of way.

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    229

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Disneyland is already too packed , now DCA as well has to high wait times DCA needs more e ticket rides in Hollywood land and one behind cars land do you agree please share your thoughts cause I only see the resort getting more packed year by year 3rd park here we come finish by 2018
    Agree DCA needs more rides.

    I will only repeat that if your argument for a 3rd park is to "relieve crowding," Disney will never build it. The 3rd park is to bring in even more people. 3 parks, all as crowded as Disneyland.

    And even if construction were to start the moment you finish reading this sentence, it would not be ready by 2018.

  4. #19

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,170

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    There's still quite a bit of room between Carsland and ToT.
    Sure there is room, but what is that area being used for now? And where would that get moved to?

    Plus a lot of room between Harbor Blvd and the start of DCA. Unless the tram that Anaheim is planning will use that right of way.
    I am a little confused what you mean by "start of DCA." Are you talking about the space between Harbor and Cars Land? That is the area we are talking about, in between Tower of Terror and Cars Land, right? Just want to clarify.

    Also, are you talking about the Convention Center tram they are planning?

  5. #20

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,566

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    And even if construction were to start the moment you finish reading this sentence, it would not be ready by 2018.
    Construction on Disneyland began in July of 1954 and opened 1 year later. EPCOT Center, CA Adventure, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom (the largest Disney Park) took 3 years to build. Magic Kingdom began construction in 1967 and opened in 1971, but those 4 years also included the beginning of the resort construction with hotels, the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Ticket and Transportation Center.

    There is no reason to believe that if construction were to begin today that it would take over five years to build a third park for Anaheim.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  6. #21

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    333

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Construction on Disneyland began in July of 1954 and opened 1 year later. EPCOT Center, CA Adventure, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom (the largest Disney Park) took 3 years to build. Magic Kingdom began construction in 1967 and opened in 1971, but those 4 years also included the beginning of the resort construction with hotels, the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Ticket and Transportation Center. There is no reason to believe that if construction were to begin today that it would take over five years to build a third park for Anaheim.
    I would not be surprised if it took less than three years from the first shovelful....
    ive seen mega billion dollar casinos rise in less time than that...

  7. #22

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Disneyland is already too packed , now DCA as well has to high wait times DCA needs more e ticket rides in Hollywood land and one behind cars land do you agree please share your thoughts cause I only see the resort getting more packed year by year 3rd park here we come finish by 2018

    adding more rides increases wait times therefore brings in more people.. so adding more rides won't help.there is no room behind Carsland.. not sure if you noticed.besides they need that area to at least drive a emergency vehicle.

  8. #23

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,448

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    Agreed with the exception that if they should continue to build new rides the future, but that they should be of the omnimover variety.
    Not necessarily. I mean, Screamin' has a really high capacity. As does Tower of Terror (when all loading stations are used). Omnimovers are great, but we shouldn't rely on them for high capacity. Not that we have the space, but I know a coaster or moving kuka arm system (which might actually be considered an omnimover...) would be very high capacity.

    Let's get rid of fastpasses, then. Or, if they really want to cut down on the lines go back to the ticket books.
    I honestly think that if Disney went to ticket books, people would cry out that it's a "blatant cash grab." I mean, besides the fact that it reeks of travelling county fair.

  9. #24

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,704

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    more rides would be nice

  10. #25

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,450

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    DCA lines are average now when they used to so short due to an empty park.
    I think that is the best point, and the factor that is skewing everyone's perception.


    1. DCA has a low attraction count compared to DL which has a high attraction count.

    2. If you add a high capacity attraction it just adds to the lines of low capacity attractions near it. If people spend 10 minute, 5 waiting 5 riding on the high capacity attraction, where do they go for the other 50 minutes of an hour, on the other rides.

    3. If you add more attractions, you get more guests, not nessecarily a drop in lines, in fact usually an increase in lines. Companies spend to attract guests.

    4. DCA has a high proportion of FP attractions 1/7. While DL only has 1/10. Which can skew the view of how much we wait.

  11. #26

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,566

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    ...ticket books... ...reeks of travelling county fair.
    So Disneyland up until the 80's seemed like a traveling county fair?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  12. #27

    • Parking Lot > DCA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,170

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    So Disneyland up until the 80's seemed like a traveling county fair?
    I feel like he has Disneyland's ticket books confused with tickets you'd generally buy at a fair to ride attractions.

  13. #28

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Sure there is room, but what is that area being used for now? And where would that get moved to?
    It's what's left of the former parking area that was left when DCA was constructed. And just beyond that there's the 7-Eleven and motels at the corner of the property, but they're behind the high voltage power lines that Carsland's mountain range was built to hide.

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I am a little confused what you mean by "start of DCA." Are you talking about the space between Harbor and Cars Land? That is the area we are talking about, in between Tower of Terror and Cars Land, right? Just want to clarify.
    There's two areas to grow: within the limits of the former parking lot, as well as building on the land that was dedicated to the tram route, which has parking lots and landscaping and takes up a good chunk of real estate.

    Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Also, are you talking about the Convention Center tram they are planning?
    Yes, it will go from Disney's third park property/Convention Center to the new train station they're building at ARTIC.

  14. #29

    • Inappropriate
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,418

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    It's what's left of the former parking area that was left when DCA was constructed. And just beyond that there's the 7-Eleven and motels at the corner of the property.
    And that 7-Eleven better stay there! Many a post-park-closing-Slurpees have been had there.
    I'm pretty sure we got these fancy new rides at DCA because wait times were too LOW. In a business sense, spending $1.2 billion and then seeing these kinds of numbers and wait times is a good thing. Adventure City just down the road has low wait times, if that holds interest to anyone.

    Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

  15. #30

    •   
    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    751

    Re: DCA needs more Rides , wait times are too long!

    There's a lot of conjecture going back and forth on more rides, yes or no.

    I don't think the issue is going to be solved by more rides or less rides, a 3rd gate or no 3rd gate. The solution probably has more to do with load times and whether or not attractions are "people eaters" as Walt put it.

    EX: PotC is a people eater. It loads fast and gets people on the move, very similar to the previous suggestion of being an omnimover.

    By contrast, I see that Mickey's Fun Wheel in DCA and have to wonder how many people that thing really serves when it goes so slow. Maybe there's a better example of an anti-people-eater but that's the first one that comes to my mind.

    This won't be solved by quantity but by quality. They need to think through how well the attraction will process people.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

    <a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Do you think that Knott's Soak City Orange County needs more rides?
    By Abercrombie140 in forum Knott's Berry Farm and Cedar Fair Parks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 01:58 PM
  2. [Question] Do you think that Knott's Soak City Orange County needs more rides?
    By Abercrombie140 in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 04:55 PM
  3. Which, if Any, Attractions Are Too Short, and Which Are Too Long?
    By PragmaticIdealist in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 12:00 AM
  4. (NEW) Wait times posted on Fantasyland rides
    By TheDude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 11:32 AM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 01:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •