Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Disney California Adventure: New And Improved! (aka photo feature by me)

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Sadly, no, not straight out of camera...for my taste, I find maybe 2 minutes of editing (if that) just makes more visually pleasing, mostly in the areas of expanding depth/contrast, and removing a yellow-ish cast my camera seems to have automatically at times, upping the other color saturation. Most all are processed to that extent, but not terribly much or venturing into Photoshop/HDR ranges of editing.
    While I like the HDR pictures somewhat, I think its a process that can be over used, and over pushed. The cool thing about digital, is that if the camera doesn't get a perfect image, you can use software to do some tweaking. But someone on a photography forum I vist made a statement that EVERY picture has to be post processed, and I took exception to that because I think that it should be up to an individuals tastes, how much or if they post process their own shots.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Yes, to say every single shot forever needs post-processing...not really. Bright sunlight ones basically I can do one thing to (darken even a little maybe if there are overexposed white areas, or push the colors just a little for blue sky/green leaves or etc), or nothing at all. The border between getting it to look 'natural' to how you'd see it actually there in person and over-processed/too much information in HDR seems like it's a very thin one, from what I've observed.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Exactly! I've seen some HDR shots that look very natural, just brighter, and I've seen some that are very garish and fake looking. And in a lot of cases I think its over used because its a "cool and trendy" technique. There is always a fine like between "do I stop here" or "do I keep pushing" when doing post.

Of course maybe I'm just jealous because I don't have any fancy post processing programs. I have GIMP, but on Lion on the Mac its very glitchy and unpredictable.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

While I tend to process many of my shots, I prefer to get it right in the camera and do nothing to it on the computer. But I usually do a little cropping, a little darkening of the mid-tones, maybe a little touching up if something's a little off.

I need to learn how to do HDR but for now I don't.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12