Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: Character Meet & Greet Areas: Does This Destroy the Disney Magic?

Quote Originally Posted by rytheguy View Post
    I can't remember a trip in recent history where I haven't unexpectedly run into a character. Especially on Main Street
    Same here. You always see random characters roaming about on Main St. and BVS.

• Heavy Breather

I find it annoying that valuable ride space is used for meet and greets. Especially when there are more than one of a character roaming freely across the park at one time.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    You know, that's a great point about the air conditioning, too. Those costumes are hot, and being in a climate controlled environment is probably a lot easier on the performers.
    Now I'm going to be thinking about the original Debbie Downer sketch at a Disney World character breakfast where she talks about the characters getting heatstroke (wah wah) and Pluto simply walks away...

When you think about it, the new elaborate Meet & Greet's work in Disney's favor as a fairly inexpensive money grab. Rides are expensive to build, expensive to operate, expensive to maintain. Themed Meet & Greets, after an initial of outlay of expense, become cash cows. Who doesn't think that a primary feature of the new Princess Fantasy Faire will be retail merchandising of expensive princess costuming and other retail items?
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    When you think about it, the new elaborate Meet & Greet's work in Disney's favor as a fairly inexpensive money grab. Rides are expensive to build, expensive to operate, expensive to maintain. Themed Meet & Greets, after an initial of outlay of expense, become cash cows. Who doesn't think that a primary feature of the new Princess Fantasy Faire will be retail merchandising of expensive princess costuming and other retail items?
    Exactly right. But even more important to Disney than immediate merchandise sales is the training of the next generation of little girls to become Disney branded-lifestyle consumers.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

ORWEN: I don't think there would even be enough room for a full blown attraction in the same space they're using for the new Princess Fantasy Faire next to Sleeping Beauty's Castle. So it's seems pretty smart of them to use that space for a meet and greet, actually. At least they're not doing what Disney Management did in Florida--which is to totally get rid of Snow White's dark ride in favor of a meet and greet. Aside from that, there are enough Disney character fans out there who want to meet the characters regardless of what certain non-character fans have to say about it. I guess the majority rules when it comes to the Disney characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    Aside from that, there are enough Disney character fans out there who want to meet the characters regardless of what certain non-character fans have to say about it. I guess the majority rules when it comes to the Disney characters.
    Disney doesn't make these decision based on democracy or putting it to a vote. Meet & Greets are part of the business model for the long range profitability of Disney parks.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    Disney doesn't make these decision based on democracy or putting it to a vote. Meet & Greets are part of the business model for the long range profitability of Disney parks.
    You sir/madam deserve a bingo. Nothing but a cash grab, plain and simple. Short term they spend some money building the PFF, long term they have hooked the younger set who now want's to dress like a princess and the parents are obligated to purchase said princess garb, whether from Disneyland itself or the Disney stores.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Meet & Greets will also most likely be staffed with Photopass photographers, and that spells money as well.

I actually don't mind the entire process. I do have a limit on how long I will wait though.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    I find it annoying that valuable ride space is used for meet and greets. Especially when there are more than one of a character roaming freely across the park at one time.
    Not every attraction has to be a ride. Also, I'd hardly call the current meet and greet areas "valuable ride space".

• Queen Elsa

Tell you all when I go to Disneyland anymore I just go for the characters I don't even go on the rides there anymore but maybe once in a wild and if so it will only be one ride. Like on Christmas Day the only ride I did was Small World cause I had to get a photo of the year from in there that a family friend collectes to do her scrapbook other then that I think the last time I when on a ride was when the World Series was playing game 4 where the hated Giants won. The ride I was on was Ariel's. So to me the rides don't bug me anymore and I've waitied in a line to meet characters for 2 hours at one time.

• The doctor is in

I remember the days when the characters would roam around the park and it was up to you to catch them. Now there are designated areas for each character and you're lucky to get a picture with them after waiting in line for 10min.

I liked it more in the old days, personally.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Diva Extrodinaire

I just wish more characters were in the parks - Hercules, Robin Hood, the Three Little Pigs, Tarzan. Every once in a while, I see a Poppins Penguin.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Queen Elsa

Even thou I have him on my wanted list here I bet it be hard to have Dumbo walk out unlest they put him at Big Thunder Range.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Now I'm going to be thinking about the original Debbie Downer sketch at a Disney World character breakfast where she talks about the characters getting heatstroke (wah wah) and Pluto simply walks away...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast