Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 61
  1. #46

    • formerly very helpful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    Sounds exciting. I hope I get to see it.

  2. #47

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post

    Ah I see what you mean. And being that the character Mickey on stage would be normal human height, Yen Sid would have to be like 10 ft tall. That's to bad. I like Yen Sid.

  3. #48

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    960

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Ah I see what you mean. And being that the character Mickey on stage would be normal human height, Yen Sid would have to be like 10 ft tall. That's to bad. I like Yen Sid.
    Height has never stopped characters appearing on stage together ever before. They're are hundreds of examples where characters that are taller/shorter than each other appear together in shows/parades/meet and greets etc. Pluto is smaller than Mickey and Minnie, Cinderella is taller than her mice, Snow White is taller than the dwarfs, Pocahontas is taller than Meeko, Pinocchio is shorter than Geppetto and Jiminy Cricket is shorter than Pinocchio. I could go on and on for hours.

  4. #49

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Cinderella is taller than her mice,
    Good point!

  5. #50

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,438

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Height has never stopped characters appearing on stage together ever before. They're are hundreds of examples where characters that are taller/shorter than each other appear together in shows/parades/meet and greets etc. Pluto is smaller than Mickey and Minnie, Cinderella is taller than her mice, Snow White is taller than the dwarfs, Pocahontas is taller than Meeko, Pinocchio is shorter than Geppetto and Jiminy Cricket is shorter than Pinocchio. I could go on and on for hours.
    But the problem I see with Yen Sid is he's supposed to be an authoritative figure who tells Mickey what to do and ultimately saves Mickey (which I imagine happens at the finale of the show, much like in Fantasia). The characters you mentioned all have familial relationships, which isn't quite the same as Yen Sid and Mickey. They could do it, but I think it would be far more effective for Yen Sid to be either off-stage or portrayed using the LED screens.

  6. #51

    • Doombuggy Rider
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    SIN CITY
    Posts
    213

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    Anything that offers Park Guests a live experience is better then an empty theatre in Fantasyland .... I'm just glad it's something "disney" vs a Cirque du Soliel !


    I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

    http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

    http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

  7. #52

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,267

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    MousePlanet has tweeted the show will be 25 minutes. That's pretty long.

    https://twitter.com/MousePlanet/stat...63760735109120
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  8. #53

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    MousePlanet has tweeted the show will be 25 minutes. That's pretty long.

    https://twitter.com/MousePlanet/stat...63760735109120
    That is pretty long. That's longer than Fantasmic and the fireworks.

  9. #54

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,267

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    That is pretty long. That's longer than Fantasmic and the fireworks.
    Exactly. My interest in this show has grown a bit.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  10. #55

    • Quiet As A Mouse!
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Posts
    1,969

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

  11. #56

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    55

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    That is pretty long. That's longer than Fantasmic and the fireworks.
    World of Color is 26.5 mins, and Fantasmic is 23 mins. About the same length.

    Meanwhile, AllEars posted video from the press presentation which explains the show in 11 mins. Sounds even more amazing.
    Teen Disneygeek and Fantasmic Fan waiting to go to DL and WDW

  12. #57

    • Diva Extrodinaire
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angleles
    Posts
    671

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    It will be so cool to hear Just Around The Riverbend, Reflection, and I See The Light. Reminds me of the trio from Animazement!
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

  13. #58

    • film975
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    1,254

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    But the problem I see with Yen Sid is he's supposed to be an authoritative figure who tells Mickey what to do and ultimately saves Mickey (which I imagine happens at the finale of the show, much like in Fantasia). The characters you mentioned all have familial relationships, which isn't quite the same as Yen Sid and Mickey. They could do it, but I think it would be far more effective for Yen Sid to be either off-stage or portrayed using the LED screens.
    A character doesn't necessarily have to be tall in order to have authority. Pinocchio's own coincience comes to mind here.

  14. #59

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    960

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre



    More info in the show in that video. Confirms that the Jungle Book, Tangled, Pocahontas, Mulan, The Princess and the Frog, Lilo and Stitch and the Little Mermaid all are represented in the show.

  15. #60

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    571

    Re: Mickey and the Magical Map to appear at Fantasyland Theatre

    How many years is this show planned to run for?
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mickey and the Marine -Service Pin Coll
    By PiratePrnsess in forum Pin Trading
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 10:19 PM
  2. [Idea] Mickey and the Beanstalk for ToonTown
    By sleepyjeff in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
  3. [Video] PSA Video's from Mickey and the Gang at Disneyland lol
    By Disney Wrassler in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 08:28 PM
  4. Obscene behavior by Mickey and the Gang
    By Tommy2 in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 12:11 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 05:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •