Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Tour Ready

Re: Disneyland Hotel: More Rare & Old Pictures

Don- You never cease to amaze me with these amazing treasures you continue to unearth and share! When will we get another volume of your amazing Disneyland Hotel series with more of these priceless treasures?

Quote Originally Posted by WDI33 View Post
    Don- You never cease to amaze me with these amazing treasures you continue to unearth and share! When will we get another volume of your amazing Disneyland Hotel series with more of these priceless treasures?
    Soon I hope.... want to have an issue on the 60's while some folks prominent are still with us.

• -

Great photos. As always, I look forward to your threads.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by oldhotelguy View Post
    Based on the footage I have inside these very conference rooms, those ashtrays were put to good use! Everyone was smoking.
    Doesn't surprise me. I'm just old enough to remember the late 1960s and it seemed almost everyone smoked like a house on fire back then. School was the only place I went where people weren't smoking. (Of course, smoke always rolled out of the teachers' lounge like from a crowded tavern.) But I would like to have one of those ashtrays.

Say, Don, when I was a kid I recall going to the Disneyland Hotel with a neighbor one summer day in the mid 1970s. (We lived not far away and I was staying with her.) It seemed to me there was a box office there at the hotel and my neighbor was buying sporting event tickets for her husband. Was there in fact a box office at the Disneyland Hotel back then?

I could be confusing different places here. But I recall this incident vividly because I was outside with my friends playing in a sprinkler and was suddenly hearded into my neighbor's van with no explanation. I was soon horrified to find myself standing by the hotel Monorail station wearing nothing but a pair of cutoff shorts. I got a lot of stares from the people going on and off the Monorail. It was quite humiliating. I felt like a street urchin.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutch View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. I'm just old enough to remember the late 1960s and it seemed almost everyone smoked like a house on fire back then. School was the only place I went where people weren't smoking. (Of course, smoke always rolled out of the teachers' lounge like from a crowded tavern.) But I would like to have one of those ashtrays.

Say, Don, when I was a kid I recall going to the Disneyland Hotel with a neighbor one summer day in the mid 1970s. (We lived not far away and I was staying with her.) It seemed to me there was a box office there at the hotel and my neighbor was buying sporting event tickets for her husband. Was there in fact a box office at the Disneyland Hotel back then?

I could be confusing different places here. But I recall this incident vividly because I was outside with my friends playing in a sprinkler and was suddenly hearded into my neighbor's van with no explanation. I was soon horrified to find myself standing by the hotel Monorail station wearing nothing but a pair of cutoff shorts. I got a lot of stares from the people going on and off the Monorail. It was quite humiliating. I felt like a street urchin.
    Wish I could answer this for you but I just don't know. I do know there were numerous airlines, rental car and other local area attraction tickets available at the Travelport. Wouldn't surprise me if they also sold sporting event tickets.

• La Reine Lézard

So much nostalgia for those rooms with the wood-fence patio. I remember going there in the late 90s with my family and as a 4 year-old, I always thought it was our own house with our own backyard.

Thank you so much for these pictures!

What a great thread. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures.
    Last edited by Medd63; 01-10-2013 at 06:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Wonderful photos...thank you so much for sharing...
    For the love of Disney....

• Banned User

I remember those days. For a long time, I associated the smell of both cigarette smoke and diesel exhaust with Disneyland.

I couldn't say for certain but I seem to remember that, too, that you could buy tickets at the hotel to local sports events like Angels games. I definitely remember a travel agency office or car rental office underneath the Monorail station. This is likely the Travelport Don mentioned. Seems logical that they'd sell tickets to local sporting events too.

I was outside with my friends playing in a sprinkler and was suddenly hearded into my neighbor's van with no explanation. I was soon horrified to find myself standing by the hotel Monorail station wearing nothing but a pair of cutoff shorts. I got a lot of stares from the people going on and off the Monorail. It was quite humiliating. I felt like a street urchin.

One wonders what the incredible urgency was that you had to be shoved into a van, wet and barely clothed, just to show up at the Hotel? Reminds me of the time my mother had my sister and I get all dressed up just so we could go refill the tank at the nearest gas station, then turn right back around and come home again. Adults really did weird things back then, didn't they?

Those pictures are really old. Is this Disneyland hotel still present up to this moment? I'm just curious about it. I haven't been to any Disneyland and would be planning for a trip with my family.
    Last edited by TaniaMello; 01-30-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    Come visit Malaysia. Stay at homestay Penang.

Great pics! Thank you, for sharing.

Oldhotelguy,
    I've been browsing your threads. Love them. I worked at the DH from the mid 80's for ten years. Thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInSoCal View Post
    Oldhotelguy,
    I've been browsing your threads. Love them. I worked at the DH from the mid 80's for ten years. Thanks for the memories.
    Glad the pics bring back some memories for you and that you are enjoying the threads. I just posted a couple of videos from 1957 as well with some great footage in them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123