Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Rainy Days at Disneyland - Is it worth it? Need Advice.

Alice in Wonderland closes in the rain, as well as the teacups. Not sure about Big Thunder. Most of the rest of the rides are indoors and unaffected.

I agree- with a poncho, rainy days are great! Dress warm, though, being wet is one thing but wet and cold is miserable.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

If it rains long enough and hard enough, Disney has been known to close the park earlier than the scheduled closing time. At a certain point a time there aren't enough people in the park to make it cost effective.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• The doctor is in

During my visit last March it was pouring rain the day I was set to fly out. The amount of guests I noticed walking down Harbor Blvd toward the park wasn't near the amount that were going on an average day. I'm sure a rainy day isn't all that bad in terms of crowds. The downside is getting wet and the fact that some rides shut down.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

I hate the rain. Get ready for wet seats.

• Inappropriate

Rainy days are great if you don't mind water, wet seats, and no crowds. Wear a poncho, dress warm, and enjoy walking on most rides (the ones that are open.)

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Blew By You

I'm more a fair weather fan, but I've heard many good things during rainy days at Disneyland. While working there, rainy days meant lots of standing about, even thought I worked at the Blue Bayou. So have fun, I'll be watching the football playoffs.

We were about to get on small world in a driving rainstorm. Stepped onto the boat seat, took a look down and saw about 3 inches of standing water in the bottom of the boat. Passed right on through and out the exit.

•   
    • Banned User

Very good points here about the pros and cons. This is one of the few threads I've seen where opinion is more important than facts. You can really have a great time or a miserable time, it's all in how you see it and how things pan out.

Personally I love it when it rains, but I see where DisneylandTraveller is coming from. I suppose I'd get in the boat and step right out too. Blech.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I had never been to Disneyland during the rain until Anniversary Sunday in 2011. It did put a damper on The Noon Meet. The rain did go away later in the day.

I am packing a small umbrella just in case, for my up and coming trip.

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    We were about to get on small world in a driving rainstorm. Stepped onto the boat seat, took a look down and saw about 3 inches of standing water in the bottom of the boat. Passed right on through and out the exit.
    Interestingly, one of my daughter's all time favorite Disneyland moments came when she was 6 years old on a cold sub40 degree evening at the Park. The place was so empty that CMs were standing in front of attractions asking us to ride. We were wearing panchos and rain boots and when it came to Small World Holiday we not only had an entire boat to ourselves, we had the entire show building to ourselves. Since we were well dressed we weren't even slightly affected by the water in the boat, and once inside the lights were so intense that we actually got warmed by their glow.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    Interestingly, one of my daughter's all time favorite Disneyland moments came when she was 6 years old on a cold sub40 degree evening at the Park. The place was so empty that CMs were standing in front of attractions asking us to ride. We were wearing panchos and rain boots and when it came to Small World Holiday we not only had an entire boat to ourselves, we had the entire show building to ourselves. Since we were well dressed we weren't even slightly affected by the water in the boat, and once inside the lights were so intense that we actually got warmed by their glow.
    During that same stormy day (December 15, 2008, funny how your remember things like that) my wife and I got on a Pirates of the Caribbean boat with about 6 other people. Even though the ride is indoors, there were so few people in the park that the line was non-existent, we just decided to go again after we got off. The second trip we had a POTC boat all to ourselves. Will never forget that. It was also a day we got stuck on Peter Pan's Flight for about 30 minutes suspended about 20 feet in the air when the howling wind blew open an emergency door which shuts the ride down in a heartbeat.

Haven't been in a while when rainy but they have been my favorite times for many years, found out I do not melt and after that everything was ago.

Marc

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by marcdavis View Post
    Haven't been in a while when rainy but they have been my favorite times for many years, found out I do not melt and after that everything was ago.

Marc
    I suddenly thought of...

Name:  I'm_Melting.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  42.1 KB

• Yearning for Disneyland

I'm going to Disneyland this Thursday-Tuesday and I heard it's supposed to rain all day on Monday. Not going to lie, kind of looking forward to it. An already slow day is going to be DEAD, and Disneyland in the rain can be magical. One of my favorite memories of Disneyland is walking in the back alleys of New Orleans Square at night, in the rain. The lights just glowed on the pavement (the paaaaaaaaavement shiiines like sillllllver....) and it was so beautiful.

...and just a little bit of pixie dust!
    http://www.spareoom.net

I know your trip already passed but we did not enjoy DL in the rain. I would say it depends on what kind of day it is. We went during Spring Break and it rained All. Day. Long. People were there on vacation and weren't going to leave. I would say if it is a day that isn't during a break, then yes, just prepare and go for it because it probably won't be that busy because locals will most likely stay home. But during a break from school, I would say to stay home. JMO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast