View Poll Results: What do you think of "Wreck-It Ralph" attraction.

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's the Greatest Idea.

4 8.33%
  • It's a Good Idea

30 62.50%
  • That's the Worst Idea.

14 29.17%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Nic

Re: Wreck-It Ralph Attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I would put this in DCA to replace the Muppet theater. I think an attraction based off Wreck-It Ralph would be great. They could even make the arcade space used as Flynn's Arcade for elecTRONica as a new Lidwak's Arcade.
    Please, no! I love the Muppets. The Muppets fit much better in Hollywoodland than Wreck-it-Ralph.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

This is really just another one of those "Knee jerk" ideas where someone sees a movie, likes it, and is immediately thinking "IT MUST GO IN THE PARKS" where it actually doesn't belong in any park anywhere.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    Maybe as a re-theme of TSMM when that gets old.
    Midway mania fits because the ride contains digital versions of old fashioned midway games while the ride is located on a midway. Wreck it Ralph style games are not the same thing and have no place in this location.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    This is really just another one of those "Knee jerk" ideas where someone sees a movie, likes it, and is immediately thinking "IT MUST GO IN THE PARKS" where it actually doesn't belong in any park anywhere.
    Exactly. Until the day they come up with Videogameland (and I hope that day never comes) there is no place in the existing parks where this will fit.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Theme wise no...but Wretck it Ralph is going to be a Disney classic....people love the film and they even know they're going to make a sequel...

I'd say if they made a ride where you were sent into a video game then it would fit Tomorrowland...because guess what 1/3 the population wants to enter a video game world and hopefully the tech will get there when we can just send people to a virtual world

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    hopefully the tech will get there when we can just send people to a virtual world
    There are plenty of people lost in their own world in the park as it is.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Dive ..... Dive.....

+1

• The doctor is in

For me this isn't necessarily one of those must go in the park moments. It's more of an it would be cool moment. I loved Wreck-It Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I would put this in DCA to replace the Muppet theater. I think an attraction based off Wreck-It Ralph would be great. They could even make the arcade space used as Flynn's Arcade for elecTRONica as a new Lidwak's Arcade.
    I'd suggest Stage 17, or MuppetVision Theater AND Stage 17, but I'd prefer this go into a third gate, too, unless the third gate turns out to be Marvel-land.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Freelance View Post
    I'd suggest Stage 17, or MuppetVision Theater AND Stage 17,
    It really wouldn't fit in at either of those locations, unless the plan is to have the Wreck-it Ralph characters show us how movies are made.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Muppets > Wreck-It Ralph. The Muppets need a new film though. I think WIR would be good for a third gate. I think an Islands of Adventure-style place with Star Wars, Avatar, Marvel, newer Princesses, and Pirates could be good.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    There are plenty of people lost in their own world in the park as it is.
    I know, that's the reason I loved the parks as a kid I got lost in the World they created...I'm just saying you could fit Video Games into Tomorrowland if done right
    Video Games are one of the highest forms of entertainment right now....from Handhelds, to online, to Consoles to your phones millions of people right now are playing video games and millions more would love to get to travel into a video game world....why not allow Disney to do that?

• Minion

Maybe not in California, but a Ralph-based Video Game Area for Hollywood Studios in Florida would be great. Create a Game Central Station area paralleling Sunset Boulevard with an entrance by Animation Courtyard and another by Tower of Terror (The lightning serving as a device to get into GCS on that end much like "a bugs land" is supposed to be the Tower's garden in California). Have a Hero's Duty shooter, a Sugar Rush version of RSR, convert Rock and Roller Coaster into Tron Lightcycles and have some externally licensed attraction either Nintendo or Sega based.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• ~

I second those saying that such an attraction isn't thematically appropriate in Hollywood Land or Tomorrowland. However, I do think that there is one place at the resort a Wreck-It Ralph based attraction could possibly call home: Toon Town. Video games can be considered as interactive toons and the idea of video game characters having a separate life from their role in the game is the basic idea presented in Toon Town of cartoon characters having a life off-screen. The zany characters of Wreck-It Ralph possess the land's staple comedic personalities and the video game worlds featured in the film are highly colorful, zany, and full of kinetic energy-- qualities that compliment Toon Town's theme. And unlike the originality that I would like to see in Hollywood Land and Tomorrowland, the franchise-based attraction is engraved into Toon Town's DNA. Throwing around arguments and considerations about where or if a Wreck-It Ralph attraction could fit anywhere in the parks, I can only see it in Toon Town.

However, I totally agree with Rave's post:

Not every new movie, not even every successful or blockbuster movie needs or deserves a place in the park. A strong story, sense of passion, and the potential enhancements that an attraction would bring to the land and the entire park should be the driving force of an attraction's conception and development, not the desire to turn a movie to a ride.
    Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 01-07-2013 at 09:20 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I second those saying that such an attraction isn't thematically appropriate in Hollywood Land or Tomorrowland. However, I do think that there is one place at the resort a Wreck-It Ralph based attraction could possibly call home: Toon Town. Video games can be considered as interactive toons and the idea of video game characters having a separate life from their role in the game is the basic idea presented in Toon Town of cartoon characters having a life off-screen. The zany characters of Wreck-It Ralph possess the land's staple comedic personalities and the video game worlds featured in the film are highly colorful, zany, and full of kinetic energy-- qualities that compliment Toon Town's theme. And unlike the originality that I would like to see in Hollywood Land and Tomorrowland, the franchise-based attraction is engraved into Toon Town's DNA. Throwing around arguments and considerations about where or if a Wreck-It Ralph attraction could fit anywhere in the parks, I can only see it in Toon Town.

However, I totally agree with Rave's post:

Not every new movie, not even every successful or blockbuster movie needs or deserves a place in the park. A strong story, sense of passion, and the potential enhancements that an attraction would bring to the land and the entire park should be the driving force of an attraction's conception and development, not the desire to turn a ride into a movie.
    Do you mean a movie into a ride?

• Minion

I had a different idea for a Wreck-It Ralph ride - a dark ride that would replace Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters as the "going into a video game" experience, but this time it would actually be about going into a video game. The concept would be that a video game company is testing their new technology that turns players into data so they can experience the video game world first hand. The games that they're using happen to be the "classic" games from Wreck-It Ralph (and possibly some liscensed games as well). Because the characters apparently never age (Ralph looked the same in the 80's as he does in the present) the ride could take place in the future and still feature those characters. I think those worlds would make interesting places to visit, and of course, the ride would feature much better production values than BLAB - immersive sets, more animatronics, interactive features that are more than shooting overly prominent, ceaselessly blinking targets, etc. (Really, I'd be happy to see just about anything replace BLAB).
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast