View Poll Results: What do you think of "Wreck-It Ralph" attraction.

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's the Greatest Idea.

4 8.33%
  • It's a Good Idea

30 62.50%
  • That's the Worst Idea.

14 29.17%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Wreck-It Ralph Attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Theme wise no...but Wretck it Ralph is going to be a Disney classic....people love the film and they even know they're going to make a sequel...
    Just about everything gets sequels now a days from other studios, Disney is just hopping on the band wagon. They've simply abandoned direct to DVD and put them in theater releases instead. Its no different than the Ice Age, Shrek, Happy Feet, Kung Fu Panda, Hotel Transylvania, and the hosts of other movies that are green lit sequels almost immediately after the first is a box office success. Sequels are no indicator of quality but rather of $$$ now a days.

My biggest problem with Wreck It Ralph and it's staying power is like the other Pixar movies, its based in modern day. In fact I think that is the fatal flaw with Pixar movies and the prime reason they don't fit in the Disney parks. None of them take you away to lands of the past, but are rather altered realms of the reality that we live in today. I don't think Wreck-It Ralph will be remembered in 10 years but thats just my opinion.

However, no one, and literally no one knows if it will actually stay around.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Do you mean a movie into a ride?
    Yes, yes I did. Thank you for catching that-- fixed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Just about everything gets sequels now a days from other studios, Disney is just hopping on the band wagon. They've simply abandoned direct to DVD and put them in theater releases instead. Its no different than the Ice Age, Shrek, Happy Feet, Kung Fu Panda, Hotel Transylvania, and the hosts of other movies that are green lit sequels almost immediately after the first is a box office success. Sequels are no indicator of quality but rather of $$$ now a days.

My biggest problem with Wreck It Ralph and it's staying power is like the other Pixar movies, its based in modern day. In fact I think that is the fatal flaw with Pixar movies and the prime reason they don't fit in the Disney parks. None of them take you away to lands of the past, but are rather altered realms of the reality that we live in today. I don't think Wreck-It Ralph will be remembered in 10 years but thats just my opinion.

However, no one, and literally no one knows if it will actually stay around.
    Another great post-- especially the middle paragraph. I think it hits the nail on the head about why the attempts to integrate Pixar into the parks have, for the most part, failed.

To play the devil's advocate, just because a film will not be well-known in the future doesn't mean that a quality attraction beloved by Guests cannot be constructed with inspiration from the movie (e.g. Splash Mountain). I think that this argument carries very little weight in the grand scheme of considering what an attraction could bring to the land. Other elements like story, theme, immersiveness, design, characters, etc. are far more important than whether or not the franchise will continue to be popular or well-known. An attraction based off a franchise should have positive qualities that enable it to stand on its own-- it should not rely solely on its franchise tie-in. Same argument is applicable to advocating for a movie-based ride-- the fact that it's generating buzz and audiences like the movie doesn't mean that it will translate well to the theme park medium or do anything beneficial to the land that in which it's located. It shouldn't be a deciding factor when discussing attractions.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Maybe not in California, but a Ralph-based Video Game Area for Hollywood Studios in Florida would be great.
    Only if the Ralph characters are going to show us how movies are made or teach us about the movie industry. Otherwise it doesn't fit the theme of that park, either.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    However, I do think that there is one place at the resort a Wreck-It Ralph based attraction could possibly call home: Toon Town.
    You know... you are 100% correct. Toon Town would be the perfect home for Wreck-It Ralph.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Only if the Ralph characters are going to show us how movies are made or teach us about the movie industry. Otherwise it doesn't fit the theme of that park, either.
    Studios is about Entertainment in general, hence the Broadway-esque shows and G-Force Records (albeit that's something that might get axed in my proposal). Video games would add a new entertainment medium to the mix.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• -

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Studios is about Entertainment in general, hence the Broadway-esque shows and G-Force Records (albeit that's something that might get axed in my proposal). Video games would add a new entertainment medium to the mix.
    It’s emphasis has always been about the movie industry. Hence attractions like Lights Motors Action, the Indy stunt show, the studio tour, and retrospectives like the Great Movie Ride. They even tried to make Star Tours look like a movie set in order to shoe horn it into the park.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Isn't that the plot for Shrek 4D?

IMDB:
    "Lord Farquaad was eaten by the dragon, but his ghost has returned, and he's still evil. With the help of his henchman, Thelonious, he kidnaps Fiona. Shrek and the donkey set out to save her, with help from the dragon, before she goes over a waterfall on a raft."

I'd love something involving Ralph though... LOL

• Banned User

Wreck it Ralph was a snooze.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    I like the idea. Maybe the queue would be the Starcade, and the once you are ushered into the pre show, you are transported to Game Central station.
    really like this idea

• Suspended

I think it needs to be in Tomorrowland. It should make use of the Starcade/Star Trader/Captain EO. The Star Trader can be a queue line and the rest will be the entrance. The Starcade will be the loading/unloading are. And the Captain EO theater can be the ride itself. And the entire Space Mountain complex will be walled off/ filled in so all you can see in the queue is the Fastpass distribution. During all this, The outdoor area of Redd Rocketts will be roofed and walled so that Space Mountain will be all alone. During all this, the Peoplemover tracks will FINALLY BE REMOVED. What do you guys think of this?

Quote Originally Posted by truelandshark View Post
    I think it needs to be in Tomorrowland. It should make use of the Starcade/Star Trader/Captain EO. The Star Trader can be a queue line and the rest will be the entrance. The Starcade will be the loading/unloading are. And the Captain EO theater can be the ride itself. And the entire Space Mountain complex will be walled off/ filled in so all you can see in the queue is the Fastpass distribution. During all this, The outdoor area of Redd Rocketts will be roofed and walled so that Space Mountain will be all alone. During all this, the Peoplemover tracks will FINALLY BE REMOVED. What do you guys think of this?
    Yet again, you're thinking "Movie needs ride" not "What ride could fit this land." Wreck-It Ralph doesn't have anything to do with Tomorrowland

• Sharkslayer

I Really like it!

Also, Put the Pre-Show in Starcade.

• Sharkslayer

I Really like it!

Also, Put the Pre-Show in Starcade.

• -

I think it has nothing to do with Tomorrowland and can only serve to further muddle the theme, not help it.

• The doctor is in

If people want another movie themed attraction for Tomorowland I would say Wall-E would work better than Wreck-It Ralph.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast