View Poll Results: What do you think of "Wreck-It Ralph" attraction.

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's the Greatest Idea.

4 8.33%
  • It's a Good Idea

30 62.50%
  • That's the Worst Idea.

14 29.17%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• -

Re: Wreck-It Ralph Attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    If people want another movie themed attraction for Tomorowland I would say Wall-E would work better than Wreck-It Ralph.
    Even the bleak, dystopian future portrayed in Wall-E (which is totally contrary to the ideals of Tomorrowland) is a better fit than a contemporary video game.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Even the bleak, dystopian future portrayed in Wall-E (which is totally contrary to the ideals of Tomorrowland) is a better fit than a contemporary video game.
    Exactly my point. The basis of Wall-E was the future... or Pixar's idea of our doomed future which would scare children into the global warming craze.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Minion

I'm sorry, but hasn't there been a big clamor for a ride based on Tron in Tomorrowland for a while now? How is that any different or more futuristic or better-fitting than Wreck it Ralph?

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I'm sorry, but hasn't there been a big clamor for a ride based on Tron in Tomorrowland for a while now? How is that any different or more futuristic or better-fitting than Wreck it Ralph?
    TRON/TRON: Legacy actually have a underlying themes of the technology of computers, how they impact our lives, and the possibility of humans traveling inside them. The movie's sci-fi feel and premise makes for a more "realistic" (e.g. less of a cartoon fantasy than Wreck-It Ralph) story that would function relatively well in a location that is promoting the promises and innovations of the future.

Wreck-It Ralph is a movie based around cartoon characters of modern day video games in a modern day arcade-- there isn't much futuristic about it.

• "What is thy bidding?"

I would put this in DCA to replace the Muppet theater. I think an attraction based off Wreck-It Ralph would be great. They could even make the arcade space used as Flynn's Arcade for elecTRONica as a new Lidwak's Arcade.

Definitely with you on that idea @ DCA to replace Muppet theatre..would be great to integrate Flynns arcade as part of the attraction and provide better themeing for that eyesore area of the park. Not sure if there is enough room though. But of course the park would be at risk of being re-named "California Pixar Adventure" CPA.

• "What is thy bidding?"

If people want another movie themed attraction for Tomorowland I would say Wall-E would work better than Wreck-It Ralph.
    Shoot!! if DL really wants to up the ante on doom and gloom attractions/story lines, design a Black Hole attraction/adventure ride.. Wall-E would create a culture of conservation "Green" ect. I agree. However applying a storyline with the innovation of space travel/technology as the build up of the ride w / a scheduled space mission and then have the failed space mission end up down the black hole. Kinda like getting plummeled by the train at the end of "Mr. Toads Wild Ride." Would be wicked fun!! Sorry I got

• -

At least an argument can be made that TRON has prototype computer models of futuristic vehichles. What does Ralph have that fits the Tomorrowland theme?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    At least an argument can be made that TRON has prototype computer models of futuristic vehichles. What does Ralph have that fits the Tomorrowland theme?
    I mean to be fair, Wreck-It-Ralph (if it takes place today, I'm not sure because I haven't seen it) takes place twenty six years in the future from the timeline of the first Tron movie :P

• ~

I mean to be fair, Wreck-It-Ralph (if it takes place today, I'm not sure because I haven't seen it) takes place twenty six years in the future from the timeline of the first Tron movie :P
    And Star Wars takes place "long, long ago," yet the technology showcased in the film is futuristic, hence why Star Tours fits in Tomorrowland despite its taking place years before modern day. Same with TRON.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    And Star Wars takes place "long, long ago," yet the technology showcased in the film is futuristic, hence why Star Tours fits in Tomorrowland despite its taking place years before modern day. Same with TRON.
    Exactly. It's about showcasing technology that we are not yet advanced enough to posess. Cheesy video games we have plenty of.

• Minion

Slightly off topic, but why'd they removed the Ralph meet and greet so quickly? It's not even out on DVD yet.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• -

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Slightly off topic, but why'd they removed the Ralph meet and greet so quickly? It's not even out on DVD yet.
    If its gone, I'm sure it was due to lack of popularity.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234