Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Re: Fast Pass Return Times to be Enforced In Spring

Seems like an awful lot of pots calling the kettles black.

I wonder how many people that are so dead set against breaking the rules that Disney clearly allows guest to break, think it's fine and dandy to sneak in their own snacks and drinks? It's clearly against the rules and is stated in the guides handed out by cast members on a daily basis.

I will confess, we used expired FP many times and everytime we were greeted with a smile and let in.
    Last edited by doppio; 01-12-2013 at 03:40 AM.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Explain away!

By the way...we just got back from a five day vacation through the new year and I must say, after our "not so great" experience that we expect from Disney...This time round? Everything was perfect! Disney must have had their best and brightest front and center. Every CM was top notch and the service at every restaurant was superb. The resort was packed but our experience was still exceeded.
    I don't mind slapping down 30 bucks for a buffet when you are treated like a king.
    A special thank you to all the CMs at Big Thunder BBQ and Story Tellers. You guys were great and the food was delicious.
    Last edited by doppio; 01-12-2013 at 03:39 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLL View Post
    For years Disney had an 'unofficial' policy that Disney Hotel guests would be allowed to attend every Magic Morning by showing their key.

It was not stated on the website as a benefit of staying onsite.

If you called they would tell you that you got 1 Magic Morning if you purchased a park hopper and that you would have to ask at the hotel front desk about any other benefits.

Were all those people rude, cheating, bending the rules by taking advantage of an unofficial perk?
    Unless there is something I am missing, I don't think anyone was displaced.

Just b/c someone breaks a rule, it doesn't mean they are being rude. The rudness
    is when you knowingly displace another guest, etc.

•   
    • Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post

I wonder how many people that are so dead set against breaking the rules that Disney clearly allows guest to break, think it's fine and dandy to sneak in their own snacks and drinks? It's clearly against the rules and is stated in the guides handed out by cast members on a daily basis.

I will confess, we used expired FP many times and everytime we were greeted with a smile and let in.
    There's nothing wrong with using a Fastpass late, as Disney has made it quite clear they are not enforcing the rule at the moment.

I will continue to use Fastpasses late if I have them, but if and when they say no, I'm not going to point to the back of the ticket and argue about "implied" rules like some sort of wannabe lawyer.

I guess it's also an implied rule that I can climb over fences and trample through Disney's flower gardens? It doesn't say anywhere on the ticket that I can't, so is it implied that it is allowed? The ticket says to obey all safety instructions. If a particular fence has no sign, I'm allowed to climb over it?

Fastpass is meant to be used in the allotted window. Whether people choose to follow that rule is up to them.

However, perhaps if the rule was mostly followed, Disney would not have to clamp down and could still allow late returns. Perhaps the "abuse" of the rule is so widespread they will have to choice but to enforce it at some point.

If more people followed the rule more often, we could have kept the flexibility of an occasional late return.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Folks, good discussion, but we've had some swerving off the topic of the thread, with the resultant calling of names, putting down of folks holding an opposing point of view, and personal asides/attacks. Please do not make your fellow posters the subject of this discussion and/or put their ideas down by using phrases like "this is ridiculous", "this thread is a waste of time" and other terms which put down the opposite side. Your goal should always be to stay on topic and too move the discussion forward.

If you are sick of the conversation in here and find that you have a disdain for the other participants, for the sake of all and the sake of your personal reputation, take a break, find another thread, or even take the dog out for a stroll. This is a discussion forum, and anything that detracts from that free discussion, is likely against our rules.

Thanks for your help!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post

I don't think anyone is casting aspersions on the character of those who come back late on their Fastpasses - just stating that it does in fact put other people out. If the Fastpass system is designed to give out, say 500 tickets per hour and 800 people show up at that window, it's going to mean that everyone waits longer, which defeats the point of Fastpass.

So it's not about "OH NOES! YOU BROKE A RULE! BAD!" It's about "you decided to come back late, and that made ME wait longer. And I don't think that's fair because I came back when the ticket told me to come back!

The food and drink issue is different, in part because Disney's official policies actually include a number of exceptions. If you have food allergies or sensitivities, are diabetic, etc. Disney's official policy actually encourages you to bring your own food into the park. In addition, someone bringing a snack into the park isn't going to affect you personally in any way, in the way that returning late on a FP affects others.

Food and Allergy Information | Guest Services | Disneyland Resort

Guests with food allergies or intolerances are allowed to bring food items into any Disney theme park. Please inform the Security Cast Member at bag check that someone in the party has a food allergy or intolerance.

Guests who require epi-pens, medications or special food should inform the Security Cast Member at bag check that someone in the party has a food allergy or medical condition. Guests will be allowed to bring these items in the Parks with them.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    In addition, someone bringing a snack into the park isn't going to affect you personally in any way
    Just a snack, no. But if it is one of those people who bring a full meal into the park with them and take up table space at a restaurant instead of using the picnic area, it affects others by taking up valuable space at busy times.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Just a snack, no. But if it is one of those people who bring a full meal into the park with them and take up table space at a restaurant instead of using the picnic area, it affects others by taking up valuable space at busy times.
    So do the people that don't eat at all and just plunk down at the tables to talk or organize their stuff - it's not exclusive to someone who brings in a meal.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Agreed. Those tables are for people to eat on, not for people to eat on.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    So do the people that don't eat at all and just plunk down at the tables to talk or organize their stuff - it's not exclusive to someone who brings in a meal.
    Most people who are organizing their stuff usually do it at one of the benches or along one of the planters. While I don't agree with it, there is a vast difference between someone who is taking five minutes to organize their stuff and someone who is sitting there for forty-five minutes to an hour and taking up table space from a paying customer at the restaurant.

Basically if someone is not a patron of the restaurant, they shouldn't be taking up table space. People don't hit McDonald's drive through and then go into Cheesecake Factory and eat their Big Mac. Nor do they walk into TGIF Fridays and sit down at a table to organize their backpack or just sit and talk without ordering something.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

•   
    • Minion

You seem to like arguing with me - I'm not going there and wasting my time with this one.

The FastPass rule is "return between Time A and Time B or later if we say you can". Right now, they're saying we can. Really seems to be the most simple way I can put it. All they're saying now is they will be much more selective with coming back later.

This caught my eye because, last week my wife and I went on Indy at Disneyland and we got to the person that takes the fast pass and they made a comment they needed to check the time.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97 View Post
    The FastPass rule is "return between Time A and Time B or later if we say you can". Right now, they're saying we can. Really seems to be the most simple way I can put it. All they're saying now is they will be much more selective with coming back later.
    The bolded is not more of an unwritten policy than a rule. The actual rule is what is printed within the four corners of the ticket and on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty170 View Post
    This caught my eye because, last week my wife and I went on Indy at Disneyland and we got to the person that takes the fast pass and they made a comment they needed to check the time.
    "Needed to check the time" as in they were enforcing return times? If so, this is good news but just a little troubling as they haven't put up any of the warning signs that Disney World has.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Disney has allowed the behavior in large part because Disney acts as if their CMs are liabilities that can't be trusted to make decisions with any leeway. Its far more efficient and less liability to just turn a blind eye.

It's the same with FP.. it's the same with GAC. Disney takes the EASY way out at the expense of others.

Yes, Disney allows the behavior.. just like they would allow you to be a jerk to other customers in the park.. doesn't make it the correct behavior.
    OMG! This! I used to be able to do a lot more in terms of service recovery and just ensuring that things go smoothly without having to involve a Lead or a Manager. Nowadays, it seems like every little thing requires supervisory approval.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    The conversation contained within this thread is exactly why I doubt the policy will hold. This is a handful of individuals complaining on a fan site. Imagine the lines at City Hall once the policy goes into play at attractions park wide. I'll be honest, I think management will fold once the wave of concerns changes from what the policy is, to how they were addressed when said policy was enforced. The magic word "rude" will likely ring through the halls of the City.
    I sincerely hope they (management) learn to understand that there's a difference between being rude and coolly and calmly telling someone "no" and informing them of what policies are and why they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    CCMS - Cool Cast Member Syndrome
    It is a CM who wants to be the one to spout facts and get a positive reaction from a guest. While it is wonderful most of the time, I think this is their #1 ''fact''... and as mentioned before, is one of the reasons the FP issue has become an issue. They aren't truely representing what Disney intended with their own CCMS words.
    Another QFT. There are some pieces of information that are best kept with the Cast, and not passed on to Guests. Not too long ago, various QSR locations were printing coupons for 20% off merchandise. These coupons had a specific time frame on them: store open to 1:00 pm. Some Stores Cast Members were told that certain stores would accept the coupons outside the time frame, but to call for supervisory approval before accepting such a coupon if a coupon was presented outside the time frame or at a store not listed on the coupon as being a participating store. Out of these Cast Members, many told Guests that they could ignore the time restrictions and store restrictions printed on the coupons; this is not the message that was communicated. In other words, much like the late Fastpass returns, it was intended to aid in service recovery if someone wouldn't accept "no" for an answer, but it turned into "the return time doesn't matter."

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    I guess it's also an implied rule that I can climb over fences and trample through Disney's flower gardens? It doesn't say anywhere on the ticket that I can't, so is it implied that it is allowed? The ticket says to obey all safety instructions. If a particular fence has no sign, I'm allowed to climb over it?
    One would think, but I've had to tell more than a few people that they were on the wrong side of a fence and/or that they shouldn't be inside a planter.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast