Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

• Unhelpful User

Re: Fast Pass Return Times to be Enforced In Spring

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Disneyland Park Attraction Leads (not sure about DCA) have now been told that Fastpass enforcement is coming in "mid March". There will be new signs created for the Fastpass machines, new wording in the guidemaps, and communication to AP's via the Disney Parks Blog and Twitter feeds. All Attractions CM's will be formally trained on the new rules later this winter. Anaheim is getting ready for NextGen!
    Good... just after my trip in February 8)

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    I don't follow it on principle but because it is in my best interest to ride as soon as possible. I mean, isn't that why we get FP in the first place? Sometimes I do bite off more FPs than I can chew but rarely show up later than an hour.
    I find using a fastpass in the 8:40 to 9:40 window is less effective than hanging on to it for the afternoon line.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• MaliBOOMer

Disneyland Park Attraction Leads (not sure about DCA) have now been told that Fastpass enforcement is coming in "mid March". There will be new signs created for the Fastpass machines, new wording in the guidemaps, and communication to AP's via the Disney Parks Blog and Twitter feeds. All Attractions CM's will be formally trained on the new rules later this winter. Anaheim is getting ready for NextGen!
    NO!! I'm going in the end of March, I was hoping to get one more trip in with the old way of doing things. However Every time we are told they will start to enforce FP return times they don't.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• -

Disneyland Park Attraction Leads (not sure about DCA) have now been told that Fastpass enforcement is coming in "mid March".
    The sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    I find using a fastpass in the 8:40 to 9:40 window is less effective than hanging on to it for the afternoon line.
    If that isn't a convenient time, no one says you have to get a fastpass then. You could come back later and pick it up for the time you want it.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• We Want The Redhead

Now Living in Eden Along The Lake Erie Shore In The Furthermost Reaches Of Western New York State

duuude...that SUCKS, BRO! i mean, when i go we just get a bunch and use them later...duuuude.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Minion

I still think it should have (or still could) start with RSR since a CM hands you a ticket and could easily say "Please return within (looks at ticket) 1:30 and 2:30 PM. No exceptions for this attraction today." Get people and CMs used to the idea, then expand it parks-wide. Even if they decided not to strictly enforce it at the ride entrance it would still give a good idea of how many people are willing to follow it and how many try to get around it (claiming they never heard the instructions, another ride broke, they were stuck in a restaraunt, etc.).

Mid-March will be just before Spring break.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    I still think it should have (or still could) start with RSR
    There have been reports on here of enforced times periodically on that ride.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

I was at the park on Monday and I did notice on splash mountain and indiana jones the cast members were enforcing times. At splash mountain a cast member told a group of teenagers that their passes were three hours late and to either wait in the line (which was about an hour wait ) or get more fass passes. Also over at indiana a similiar thing happened again however the cast member offered them single riders which the group took instead.

This is the first time I have ever seen that happen, it was either due to the rides being busy so the cast members had to get strict or they are starting to implement stricter policies on the fast passes.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGalvan View Post
    I was at the park on Monday and I did notice on splash mountain and indiana jones the cast members were enforcing times. At splash mountain a cast member told a group of teenagers that their passes were three hours late and to either wait in the line (which was about an hour wait ) or get more fass passes. Also over at indiana a similiar thing happened again however the cast member offered them single riders which the group took instead.

This is the first time I have ever seen that happen, it was either due to the rides being busy so the cast members had to get strict or they are starting to implement stricter policies on the fast passes.
    Awesome news!

• Unhelpful User

Can anyone else confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Awesome news!
    Im thinking maybe because it was so crowded that they were stingy about.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGalvan View Post
    Im thinking maybe because it was so crowded that they were stingy about.
    Regardless of the motive, it's nice they are enforcing their rule.

• Foolish Mortal

Regardless of the motive, it's nice they are enforcing their rule.
    I agree. The exploitation of the FP system is sickening to me.

I donít think it should. Those courtesy passes are usually only given out when someone has invested a considerable amount of time waiting in line for an attraction only to have it close down when they were near the front. The fastpass user hasnít really invested any amount of time waiting for the attraction.

In addition, if someone had a friend holding a spot in line for them and the ride broke down before they got back, the friend would get a pass for themselves, but the person who was off doing something else would not get a pass. It should work the same way with a virtual system. It is the chance you take having someone holding your spot for you, whether it be a warm body or a computer.
    Here's where I see the difference. The company doesn't openly encourage place saving in lines by another member of your party, much less did they spend millions of dollars on a system that FACILITATES it. Also, when that happens, the company has no control over how many people are doing it at any given time. If you have a friend save your place while you go off and buy a churro, it's a system that you and your friend came up with, and should not be Disney's concern. Disney shouldn't be beholden (hope that's the right word) to the person not standing in the line.
    The Fastpass system is, of course, Disney's elaborate system to have the computer save you an APPROVED place in line. By getting the pass, you are giving up something: you're giving up the chance to get ANOTHER pass for another attraction until the system will allow it. If the ride breaks down during your window, it would be NICE, not mandatory, but NICE for Disney to compensate you, given that you missed your window due, possibly, to THEIR issues. You don't have to agree, and I don't know what the procedure will be, if anything, but that's how I see it.
    On a side note, I'm glad to hear that they're starting to crack down on the rule!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314