Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Re: Fast Pass Return Times to be Enforced In Spring

Quote Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
    On our weekend trip last week we had 3 fast passes that we couldn't use in the window due to weather and breakdowns. Screaming, BTMRR, and RSR. This was in a two day period. In other words, even if they do start to enforce it, they will really be struggling to keep track of what went down when.
    They can stamp the pass if you show up and aren't able to use it. Then, and only then, could you use it past the expiration time.

I've always thought the perfect opportunity to test out FP enforcement is RSR since FPs are issued by CMs and they could easily say "Please return during this time period as return times are being strictly enforced" while handing you your FP.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    They can stamp the pass if you show up and aren't able to use it. Then, and only then, could you use it past the expiration time.

I've always thought the perfect opportunity to test out FP enforcement is RSR since FPs are issued by CMs and they could easily say "Please return during this time period as return times are being strictly enforced" while handing you your FP.
    I shouldn't have to get a stamp because their ride went down...If RSR is down, not only would I have to go back to DCA but also wade through the bottlenecked crowds in that area just to talk to the CM. And what if I'm looking at Mobile Magic to see if the ride is up? I have the pass already, the app tells me Tower of Terror is down, why do I need to go there to get a stamp?

It should be quite easy for CMs on duty to know that their ride went down from 3 PM to 3:30 PM and to let the people who had a FP time between then go on the ride later. Or even better, disregard the return times for that attraction if the ride goes down for XX minutes or more. FP will have ceased distribution until the ride goes back online (if I remember correctly) and if there's an issue of too many passes being out, then there can be some overriding done so fewer are given out.

• Can Only Wish For More!

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Am I the only one that follows the return times just on principle? I mean, I flub every now and then, but I try my hardest to stick with it. Anyway, I'm not sure why they even print the end time of your window if there's no enforcement on it.
    No.
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

Am I the only one that follows the return times just on principle? I mean, I flub every now and then, but I try my hardest to stick with it. Anyway, I'm not sure why they even print the end time of your window if there's no enforcement on it.
    I don't follow it on principle but because it is in my best interest to ride as soon as possible. I mean, isn't that why we get FP in the first place? Sometimes I do bite off more FPs than I can chew but rarely show up later than an hour.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Hopefully this is true. Fast Pass needs to be used the way it was intended.
    This.

• Minion

Am I the only one that follows the return times just on principle?
    no I do because the FP lines are shorter in the day because of the people who wait to use them.

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Cast members haven't been given an official day but it is known among most that due to NextGen, fast pass return times will soon be enforced.
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    The CMs I spoke with earlier this week all stated they have been retrained for it, and were simply waiting to be told to implement it. Two did say they were told it would be announced to AP holders prior to taking effect.
    I will believe it when I see it.

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Hopefully this is true. Fast Pass needs to be used the way it was intended.
    This.

• Mistress of Evil

I am not going to give this rumor any legs until Disney makes the announcement. I was there for a few days last week, and there was no mention of it or warnings by CM's...and I used a few late ones.

• Functional & Decorative

I believe ride breakdowns was one of the main reasons that they started getting lenient on FastPass return times in the first place.

Say you get a Soarin FastPass. In the meantime, you go on Racers. Racers breaks down while you're on it. Because of that, you now miss your FassPass return time on Soarin. When you finally get to Soarin, should they let you ride, even though you missed your window, and it wasn't your fault?

It would now mean that either every FastPass ticket taker would have to know the breakdowns of every single ride in the entire resort for the entire day to know if this is true or not, or take the time to call every individual ride and get a report from them. Not very realistic or practical.

This, or people being stuck at a restaurant longer than expected because of a slow server, or not able to get through due to heavy crowds (ever try to cross the hub during fireworks?), etc., happened all the time. People complaining about being denied access to a ride for often legitimate reasons was, to my memory, the beginning of them not being quite as strict about end FastPass times. It was just easier to let them on late than take up everybody's time questioning and validating their reasons, or fending off complaints.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

because they want you to come back during that time. and most people that dont know better do.

• I'm wishing

I was worried that they might start enforcing it when I went yesterday from early entry until midnight closing with a friend. Luckily, no one even mentioned anything about it. We used all FP's in the evening/night hours and the waits were very short, even RSR was only about 10 minutes in the evening with our FP's. I go regularly and the only problem that I ever see with it is a rush of Indy FP's being used when Fantasmic ends, and a smaller glut on Space after fireworks.

• And Dad was my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    I believe ride breakdowns was one of the main reasons that they started getting lenient on FastPass return times in the first place.

Say you get a Soarin FastPass. In the meantime, you go on Racers. Racers breaks down while you're on it. Because of that, you now miss your FassPass return time on Soarin. When you finally get to Soarin, should they let you ride, even though you missed your window, and it wasn't your fault?

It would now mean that either every FastPass ticket taker would have to know the breakdowns of every single ride in the entire resort for the entire day to know if this is true or not, or take the time to call every individual ride and get a report from them. Not very realistic or practical.

This, or people being stuck at a restaurant longer than expected because of a slow server, or not able to get through due to heavy crowds (ever try to cross the hub during fireworks?), etc., happened all the time. People complaining about being denied access to a ride for often legitimate reasons was, to my memory, the beginning of them not being quite as strict about end FastPass times. It was just easier to let them on late than take up everybody's time questioning and validating their reasons, or fending off complaints.
    Well then, it makes far more sense for CMs to handle that on a case by case basis, than having a hard line approach should they ever actually implement the new-old rules. I think the blanket "anytime you want after" has the potential for making FPs not serve their intended purpose. I know some here say, no, but it is staggered for a reason. I, for one, will not mind trying my best to make the window, since we like to take the park at a slower pace and are generally close enough after having gotten the FP in the first place. I did think it was a neat "trick" though.

I feel like the special guest assistant pass abuse is abigger problem than enforcing return times.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast