Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Fast Pass Return Times to be Enforced In Spring

I've never came back after the return time. I'm fine with the enforcement, should it happen.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Thrill Seeker

why is this still open?
    My Disney adventures in the USA:

[ FLICKR ] - [ You Tube ]

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The rule is that you return within the window. It is printed on the ticket. While not currently enforced, it is the rule nonetheless.
    This should be posted at every FP kiosk.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• a wind to shake the stars

Okay, this is becoming a semantic argument and nobody wins those.

Disney made a conscious choice almost a decade ago, maybe more, to let people return at any time after the beginning of their window. They have actively chosen to not enforce the times printed on the fastpass. Al's article doesn't mention anything about abuse (which, as I said before, Disney might have thought to shut down at any point in the last ten years) but rather that they're preparing for an entirely new system of distributing fastpasses.

What I'm saying is that you can be holier-than-thou and return during the window but I'm going to keep using them whenever, until Disney stops specifically allowing me to do so

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    This should be posted at every FP kiosk.
    When they finally begin to enforce them, it will be just like in Florida. Although technically this isn't necessary as the words, "Return between this time and this time" don't really leave much open to interpretation. Any notice will be simply to let the fastpass abusers know that it will no longer be tolerated.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

The rule is that you return within the window. It is printed on the ticket. While not currently enforced, it is the rule nonetheless.
    Not a rule, a request. Read the back of any fastpass. Clearly says you won't be admitted before the printed time, but less clear (actually silent) about denying entrance for returning "late." Only good on day of issue.

I have taken this to mean that while Disney prefers you return within the stated window, but will permit you to enter the FP line later, provided it's on the same day (and within operating hours).

Of course, Disney may choose to change the current FP return policy (Isn't that what this thread's about?), but they will have to update the language on the back of the FP to reflect the change.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5595 miles, 311,000 feet

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    Not a rule, a request. Read the back of any fastpass. Clearly says you won't be admitted before the printed time, but less clear (actually silent) about denying entrance for returning "late." Only good on day of issue.

I have taken this to mean that while Disney prefers you return within the stated window, but will permit you to enter the FP line later, provided it's on the same day (and within operating hours).

Of course, Disney may choose to change the current FP return policy (Isn't that what this thread's about?), but they will have to update the language on the back of the FP to reflect the change.
    Actually, it is a rule and not a request. From the Disney website:

Disney FASTPASS® Service

Disney FASTPASS Service is a complimentary benefit to all park Guests that allows you to enjoy the rest of the Disneyland Resort while your place in line is saved. Check the complete list of FASTPASS attractions below or use the map at the top of this page.
    Using Disney FASTPASS Service

1. Look for the FASTPASS distribution area near the entrance of an attraction.
    2. Check the FASTPASS "Return Time" display to learn when you can return to experience the attraction.
    3. Insert your Disneyland Resort admission ticket, readmission ticket or Annual Passport into the FASTPASS machine.
    4. A FASTPASS ticket will be printed with your Return Time.
    5. Enjoy the rest of the Disneyland Resort.
    6. Go to the "FASTPASS Return" queue at your Return Time, show your FASTPASS ticket to the Cast Member and enjoy the attraction!
    Notice that bullet 6 says, “Go to the “FASTPASS Return” queue at your Return Time”, and not “Go to the “FASTPASS Return” queue at your Return Time or any time thereafter”. They want you to return at the time on the ticket and give you an hour grace period in case you can’t make it back exactly on time.

However, even if it was just a request, since Disneyland is your host don’t etiquette and good manners dictate that you honor the request of your host?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    Is there really any doubt that the instructions on the front to return between two certain times means they are not meant to be used beyond the second time?

These aren't legal contracts, so I see no reason that Disney must update the language on the back. The rules are clear and they can start enfocing them should they so choose, without making any changes.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• -

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Is there really any doubt that the instructions on the front to return between two certain times means they are not meant to be used beyond the second time?

These aren't legal contracts, so I see no reason that Disney must update the language on the back. The rules are clear and they can start enfocing them should they so choose, without making any changes.
    Exactly.

Given that it's relatively difficult to upset a theme park, I'm not sure that proper etiquette applies here. Of course Disney can begin to enforce them. They can do whatever they want. As of now, Disney's rule is that you can show up whenever (as long as it's after the window's beginning) and as such I am playing by the rules . It's possible Disney would prefer that I return exactly within that window, but in their actions over the last ten years they've shown that they're also fine with me returning at any point after the window begins.

You're not addressing the part that I find most important here: that Disney has chosen to not enforce the window for over a decade. They began enforcing in Florida and are gearing up to enforce in California specifically because they're pushing towards the NextGen system in many aspects of the park. Nowhere did Al, or anybody else, ever, mention that they're enforcing due to perceived abuses of the system as it currently stands.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    Given that it's relatively difficult to upset a theme park, I'm not sure that proper etiquette applies here.
    It doesn’t matter if they can get upset about it or not. If one does not honor the request of their host, it is poor manners.

As of now, Disney's rule is that you can show up whenever (as long as it's after the window's beginning) and as such I am playing by the rules
    Actually, as stated before the rule is to show up within that time period. They are just not enforcing it if someone breaks that rule. It is the same as if one were to jaywalk in front of a cop and the cop decided to let it slide and not issue a ticket. The rule still exists, it is just not being enforced.

You're not addressing the part that I find most important here: that Disney has chosen to not enforce the window for over a decade. They began enforcing in Florida and are gearing up to enforce in California specifically because they're pushing towards the NextGen system in many aspects of the park. Nowhere did Al, or anybody else, ever, mention that they're enforcing due to perceived abuses of the system as it currently stands.
    I’m not addressing it because it is irrelevant why they may start enforcing it. The point is that they are hopefully going to finally enforce it. It really doesn’t matter to me what their actual motivation may be.

John Pemberton’s motivation was creating a patent medicine and he ended up creating the most popular beverage of all time. Does it matter to me what it was originally conceived as? Not at all. All I care is that it mixes well with Jack Daniels.

The same thing goes for Disney enforcing fastpass rules. I don’t care if their alleged motivation is due to fastpass+ coming out. I care that it will also have the effect of making people return during their allotted time slot and not having an overabundance of fastpass returns in the evening hours.

The jaywalking analogy doesn't hold up, I'm afraid. The police will occasionally enforce jaywalking, but Disney (in CA, anyway) never enforces the return time. For jaywalking, there's a law against it that is only occasionally enforced. For fastpass returns, Disney's law is that you can return at any point after the window opens. A better analogy: A sign on the street says "please cross on the sidewalk," except you can cross anywhere on the street and you will literally never get in trouble for doing so.

I think the motivation for Disney enforcing fastpasses is important because it's an argument against the idea that there exists any type of abuse of the system. That abuse exists at all appears to be an idea unique to Micechat, because Disney certainly hasn't mentioned it.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Sign.....yes this rumor...again the one that makes the CM's job harder and they get paid the same....yes makes sense

Heck as of now if a friend shows up late and you have a FP or the rest of the group does they usually will let that person in with you if you say you lost the ticket

Both Disney and the CM's know that enforcing the stricter now will just cause more people complain and ruin trips...and since they want repeat business they let people in even if they're late. Makes sense to me

• Senior Minion

However, even if it was just a request, since Disneyland is your host don’t etiquette and good manners dictate that you honor the request of your host?
    Sadly, that sense of social etiquette is fast disappearing at Disneyland, along with the customer service it was once famous for.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Sadly, that sense of social etiquette is fast disappearing at Disneyland, along with the customer service it was once famous for.

Ahh, yes, the Good Old Days, during which Disney realized that strictly enforcing the Fastpass window created a ton of unhappy guests and then changed the rules on their end to alleviate that

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast