Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: Fast Pass Return Times to be Enforced In Spring

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    This kind of sarcasm, I think, is uncalled for and doesn't contribute anything.

Regardless, I do agree that Fastpasses should have the time limits enforced. Especially when the two parks are in walking distance and you can just rack em up between parks. Logistics and analogies aside, think of it this way; like a previous poster said, she did not know the times weren't enforced until a CM told her otherwise--I think this is the case with most guests. They come back when they think they have to. It's not fair that some people should be able to (for lack of a better word) 'abuse' this system while others who aren't in the know can't and are stuck revolving their day around something that doesn't really need to be revolved upon. Essentially, everyone's on an even playing field now, and there are no upper hands in FP planning based on how frequently you come and how 'in the know' you are. Everything is fair.
    One more thing: when you come back late for your FP time you're really inconveniencing others and interfering with their experience at the park. If someone has a FP with a 9 - 10pm return window, and they get there on time, why should they have to wait an extra 20 minutes because the queue has been clogged up with people who are waltzing back with expired Fastpasses? That has happened to me several times at Space Mountain.

If they enforce return times, some will be inconvenienced (those who want to return late). If they don't, some will be inconvenienced (those who show up on time and have to wait behind all of the expired FP holders). I'd rather see the people who come back on time, follow the directions and are considerate to other guests get the nod here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    I think a better comparison would be if you show up to an 8 o'clock showing with tickets from a 5 o'clock showing and the theater willingly exchanges your tickets for you and lets you in.
    My movie theatre has done this without batting an eye several times for me.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
    My movie theatre has done this without batting an eye several times for me.
    They wouldn't if it meant you'd take seats that patrons of that showing have stood in line for.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    Ahh, so we agree. Disney has chosen, for the last decade, to allow people to show up at any time after the window begins. And so, people are free to do so
    Disney as part of a guest recovery policy has chosen not to challenge people returning late and let them in. It's a customer service choice, hence why it's been the model under the label GUEST RECOVERY.

Just because someone gives you can inch - it doesn't make it right to take a mile.

Disney has allowed the behavior in large part because Disney acts as if their CMs are liabilities that can't be trusted to make decisions with any leeway. Its far more efficient and less liability to just turn a blind eye.

It's the same with FP.. it's the same with GAC. Disney takes the EASY way out at the expense of others.

Yes, Disney allows the behavior.. just like they would allow you to be a jerk to other customers in the park.. doesn't make it the correct behavior.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Senior Minion

^ This.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

They can't seem to make up their mind. I have already heard rumors pretty far back about them enforcing it.
    Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    They wouldn't if it meant you'd take seats that patrons of that showing have stood in line for.
    Or if you bought tickets to the matinee and tried to use them at 9pm.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• "I Break Things"

The conversation contained within this thread is exactly why I doubt the policy will hold. This is a handful of individuals complaining on a fan site. Imagine the lines at City Hall once the policy goes into play at attractions park wide. I'll be honest, I think management will fold once the wave of concerns changes from what the policy is, to how they were addressed when said policy was enforced. The magic word "rude" will likely ring through the halls of the City.

Don't get me wrong, I fully believe in supporting Fastpass return times. Actually, I'll go a step further, I think the system itself should be removed.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    The conversation contained within this thread is exactly why I doubt the policy will hold. This is a handful of individuals complaining on a fan site. Imagine the lines at City Hall once the policy goes into play at attractions park wide. I'll be honest, I think management will fold once the wave of concerns changes from what the policy is, to how they were addressed when said policy was enforced. The magic word "rude" will likely ring through the halls of the City.

Don't get me wrong, I fully believe in supporting Fastpass return times. Actually, I'll go a step further, I think the system itself should be removed.
    As far as I know, there are no plans to remove that policy from WDW, so the complaints must not be that bad

• The doctor is in

I wouldn't be upset if the FP system was removed. I think a majority of the long standby lines is due to the fact that more people show up during a certain FP window than the amount of passes given for that time slot.
    When I rode Splash Mountain in October I got in the standby line because the posted wait time was 25min. When I got to the point of the line where I could see the logs (aka, almost there!) I noticed they had to stop the standby boarding completely because of the amount of people in the FP line. I can guarantee there wasn't a sudden rush of people who showed up for that time slot all at once. My 25min wait suddenly had an additional 10min tacked on at the very end of the line.

I think that is more common that not for FP attractions.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    As far as I know, there are no plans to remove that policy from WDW, so the complaints must not be that bad
    The differences between WDW and DL are many. I'd be a billionaire if I had a nickel for every time I heard "well it works in Florida". The population at Disney is a greater mix of locals that know the game, and tourists who are already annoyed at a crowded park. I AGREE it boils down to being responsible. BUT Disney never held them responsible before so I EXPECT substantial pushback when they start doing so. Disney isn't in the business of saying "No". Guests generally don't care as much about the message as they do about how it is delivered. I'm honestly expecting a lot of complaints about rude delivery, crowded conditions etc. Disney wants to be that "knight in shining armor" saving the vacation. Which is why I don't think it will hold.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Disney isn't in the business of saying "No"
    While the demographics are different - WDW certainly has it's share of repeat visitors, and people who had expectations of how the old system worked too. The migration to enforcing return times went over without even a wimper. It would be one thing to say 'well they survived.. and its gonna be worse in DL'. Fans thought it would be damning in FL too.. and they were wrong.

What is different in DL is more the possessive nature of so many of the fans.. they think it's THEIR park.. and THEIR right.. etc.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    What is different in DL is more the possessive nature of so many of the fans.. they think it's THEIR park.. and THEIR right.. etc.
    Couldn't that "attitude/perception/belief" (really just pick a word) lead to the backlash mentioned? Especially considering Disneyland is a smaller park, more prone to crowding, and therefore more accustomed to "late arrivals".

Again not supporting the attitude or Disney's previous blind eye. Personally I think this would be the appropriate time to end the program entirely.

As an example... look at the AP backlash to not going through the GCH gate during the World of Color opening...

• Pilot EdForceOne

Couldn't that "attitude/perception/belief" (really just pick a word) lead to the backlash mentioned?
    Yes, but its also a much easier argument to defeat rather than actual impacts to guests.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Yes, but its also a much easier argument to defeat rather than actual impacts to guests.
    Not if the focus of the complaints are on the delivery of the policy (CM attitude/wording etc) instead of on the policy itself. I will PM you more details on that.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast