Hint of Fantasy Fair entertainment

I noticed this call for actors at the Disney Auditions website. I wonder if this show will be under the bandstand or performed as a street show.

Disney Parks Talent Casting is seeking comedic male actors (age 20's-40's) with singing experience for a Storytelling experience in the new Fantasy Faire at Disneyland® Park.

These performers will play multiple roles as they present classic Disney tales in a fast-paced and fun-filled show! Crisp comedic timing is a must. Actors need to move well and be able to perform in a vaudeville style.

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

Re: Hint of Fantasy Fair entertainment

Ooooo sounds really fun! As if I wasn't already excited

• Minion

I'm picturing a minstrel or jester telling stories by doing different voices and sometimes singing, sort of in the style of Danny Kaye.

• Team Hail HYDRA

It seems a little like new fantasyland
    cant wait

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• I'm a Lutheran

When're the auditions for this? And do you think they'd accept a 19-year-old with voices, singing experience, and crisp comedic timing?
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Minion

ORGOCH: I was kinda hopin' they'd have a spot open fer an older gal with corns 'n bunions on her feet, along with warts an' a hunchback an' a cackle in her voice. Surely they'll be needin' somebody like me in the mix, don'tcha think?

• And Dad was my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    I'm picturing a minstrel or jester telling stories by doing different voices and sometimes singing, sort of in the style of Danny Kaye.
    Me too! That would be fantastic!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    When're the auditions for this? And do you think they'd accept a 19-year-old with voices, singing experience, and crisp comedic timing?
    You might want to bookmark this website. Disney Auditions - Audition Calendar

Anyone else immediately think of the Festival of Fools from The Hunchback of Notre Dame movie? No? just me? Well either way, this sounds like a nice entertainment offering for the Fantasy Faire area. The construction photos alone look amazing, it can't open soon enough!

• I'm a Lutheran

Thanks for the link.

Agreed, jaquemeetsworld, the only thing that comes to mind here is Clopin. It wouldn't surprise me if the show is either similar to the Festival of Fools, involves Clopin, a Clopin-like character, or so on so forth.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Sondheimian

Seems entertaining to me, nice little distraction in the day.
    “To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney