Thread: Trip Budget

Trip Budget

I'm thinking of planning a trip during the summer. We'd be 2 adults and a baby (under 3). I'd like to stay to have 2 days in the parks. We'd need a hotel (off property) for 3 nights.

So thinking about tickets, hotel, food and extras, what is our budgeted total cost?

This just helps me convince my husband that we should go this summer.

Any advice for saving money, would be great.

Thanks!
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Re: Trip Budget

We are going for 2 days next week so have our hotel for 3 nights. The 2 day park hoppers are $200 or $190 thru AAA. So that would be approx. $400 for tickets. We got the Del Sol for $99 a night. That is for the 2 queens and bunk bed. You wouldn't need a room that big but that's what I'd budget. Del Sol seems to be one of the least expensive hotels. So, after taxes and fees it would be about $400. Then you need to add in food and souvenirs so I would budget $1000. The benefit is that the baby is free and won't be when he turns 3.

Thanks.

Anyone have a good budget for food? That is always the hardest part for me. I bring in plenty of snacks, but I want to eat meals in the park 'cuz I loves it so.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

$100-150/day

• Disneymom

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    We are going for 2 days next week so have our hotel for 3 nights. The 2 day park hoppers are $200 or $190 thru AAA. So that would be approx. $400 for tickets. We got the Del Sol for $99 a night. That is for the 2 queens and bunk bed. You wouldn't need a room that big but that's what I'd budget. Del Sol seems to be one of the least expensive hotels. So, after taxes and fees it would be about $400. Then you need to add in food and souvenirs so I would budget $1000. The benefit is that the baby is free and won't be when he turns 3.
    we normally stay at the Super 8 on Disneyland Drive. It is normally around $50 and they have a small breakfast so that would take care of that meal. It is a short walk to the park. You can also see the fireworks from the hotel.

• -

I've always found the Embassy Suites to be a good value. While it does cost more than the fleebags across from the park, a full breakfast and happy hour are included. Also every room is a suite so you can put kids to bed in one room and not worry about being awake in the other.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."