• Sleepy...

How to do Fireworks and World of Color on the same night?

Hello there! Quick question. I'm going to park hop between the parks and I was wondering if it was possible to see the 8:45 showing of Remember and catch World of Color at 9:15? While we're on this topic, when I get a WOC FP, what's the procedure when it gets closer to showtime? Thanks a lot!

Re: How to do Fireworks and World of Color on the same night?

Pretty much have to make sure you high tail it out of Disneyland as soon as as RDCT is over....

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by strikeuptheband View Post
    Hello there! Quick question. I'm going to park hop between the parks and I was wondering if it was possible to see the 8:45 showing of Remember and catch World of Color at 9:15? While we're on this topic, when I get a WOC FP, what's the procedure when it gets closer to showtime? Thanks a lot!
    The first thing you do, is reverse the order. If you get into DCA that late you won't get a great view of WoC, if you do it the other way and get into DL late, you have a chance to get a great spot for RDCT.

The reason is for the 9:15 WoC you will want to be in DCA when they let the guests into Paradise Park, because 30 minutes before the show, when the fireworks are starting Paradise Park will be filled up.

So you see the first WoC, watch it from a tier toward the back and near a walkway. Then as soon as it ends get out to beat the rest of the viewers out. Head strait for the gates and into DL. Then pick a spot in DLR. While you may just want to watch from Main Street if daring look on the fringes of the Hub.

• One Little Spark...

You probably won't get a good view for WOC if you show up that late... regardless of having a FP.

• Sleepy...

^ Thanks everyone for the replies!

Unfortunately, swampymarsh there is one World of Color scheduled that day (MLK Day) but I guess it's one or the other if I decide to go for one day. Might as well extend to two days.

I'm trying to get the best possible outcome out of my Disneyland trip. I will be in California from MLK to the following weekend. I was thinking of MLK park hopping because 1. The parks are still open late 2. World of Color and Remember are playing 3. Minimum amount of refurbishments (Splash and IASW still open). While I can do the following weekend, there's more refurbs going on. Of course mid-week is a bummer because of 1. the hours of operation 2. No fireworks. Haha, I guess I can never win. I guess I'm a little picky, but it's a once in a decade trip.

• Under that tree again!

You hadn't mentioned the day. You might want to go the next day to see WoC, when DCA is closing too. I'd be well prepared to get to a spot to watch RDCT about an hour early. If you hadn't noticed, F! is not running, so more people in DL will take the sole option of fireworks. Also if you go a second day during the week the crowds will be very low, so you can do tons of rides on what is operating.

For a once in a decade trip, I'd really advise you take more than one day and commit to getting great view for the show.

We done this not too long ago shortly before Christmas. However, in order to ensure a good view for WoC we booked the dinner package which gave us a FP to a reserved area... I'd highly recommend you do that else risk an extremely poor viewing area.

Be ready to hightail it out of DL. We made it with about 5 mins to spare... With the ,majority of the time allocated to getting past the massive crowd after the fireworks to leave DL. Once we were in DCA it was a breeze.

• will-o-the-whip

I've hit the trifecta before of WoC, fireworks, and then F! The key is to high tail it as soon as the show ends, and watch as close to an exit path that leans toward your next destination. Don't delay even a second or you'll get caught in the crowd.
    As others have cited, you won't get a good view of WoC by showing up late. Of the three big shows, it's the one you have to be there for early and/or reserved spots.
    Best wishes...

^ What indianajack said.

That being said, though, I prefer standing in the back for WoC. As long as you can get a spot with a view between people's heads, I think it's fine. Staying further back allows you to take in the entire show, because the "stage" is massive. It also keeps you from getting too wet when it's windy out.

I've done the evening show trifecta a few times and would suggest watching the fireworks from along Main Street. Depending on how crowded it is and what kind of view you'd prefer, go as far back toward the entrance as you can. There's actually a pretty good view from the top of the stairs at the Main Street Railroad station. This puts you at about 1 minute from the exit. (And I'm saying that when my first choice fireworks viewing area is from right in front of the castle.)

As soon as the fireworks end and they start playing the Remember pop-song, hightail it over to DCA. The goal is to beat the rush of crowds who are park hopping after the fireworks as well. Once you get in the gates, head toward WoC by going straight down Buena Vista Street past Carthay Circle and Bugs Land and Cars Land. It's faster than going around past Soarin.

Also, to answer your question about how to get a FP, the free way to get one is to go to the River Rapids ride, which is where the FP dispensers are for WoC. Or as another person said, to get better seating, eat at Carthay Circle (an entree + appetizer OR dessert per person - you should make a reservation for this) to get the premium FP. This is seriously the best viewing location I've ever had for the show. In fact, I was a big naysayer for WoC until I happened to watch the show from this spot last year. Now I know it can be incredible - from the right spot.

Sorry, I just realized your question was about how to use your FP...
    The viewing area is sectioned off by rope. Depending on what kind of FP you have (you definitely need one or else you have to stand on the back side of the show), there are different entrances. They are all marked off with a backlit sign. I believe, in sort of order coming from Cars Land, it's blue section, reserved dining section, handicap/VIP, yellow section. If you go early enough, they might make you line up in out-of-the-way areas, but if you're coming from the fireworks just go straight to the viewing area. I think they let those lines in about 30 minutes-ish before the show.
    Last edited by bruingrl; 01-08-2013 at 10:41 PM.

I've had success watching the fireworks from the back of main street, then you can hightail it across the esplanade to DCA for WOC with plenty of time. It may be more difficult if you have kids, that may slow you down a bit, but I'm sure it can be done!

• No Disassemble!

Run for your life!! .. oh wait, there's no running in Disneyland/DCA.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.