Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: To Eat or Not To Eat?

First Aid on Main Street has filtered water in a fountain to refill bottles. They're very nice. It's even cold, for those who like that.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Seasick

Paradise Garden Grill is one of my favourites. The skewers are tasty, don't seem overly unhealthy, and I didn't find the price outrageous:

I find breakfasts to be the most overpriced meals in the park, and I would find a cheaper option for that meal.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Order off the kids menu - or share a regular entree with two adults. As long as you don't have a huge appetite, I find the kids menu to be adequate for in-park meals, especially when I'm on a budget. Also, any kind of hot dog/corn dog/mac and cheese hot dog/etc is typically the best bang for your buck. Hot dogs run about $6-$7 and include either chips or sliced apples.

When I'm not on a budget, definitely Carthay Circle and Napa Rose. Avoid Blue Bayou, unless you're really into the ambiance. The food is just not worth it for the price.

Definitely bring a reusable water bottle and just fill up around the park during the day. Unless you're a huge soda drinker, you'll save a ton of money this way. You can even fill up at the soda fountain (with water) in self-service places like Plaza Inn and Rancho del Zocalo. The water there is filtered for the sodas and tastes better than the water from the water fountains. (Yes, I'm a water person and think that not all water tastes the same.) You can also ask for a cup of water (no charge) at any place that serves soda from a fountain. I'm actually not a soda drinker and I do this all the time, just to refill my water bottle.
    Last edited by bruingrl; 01-08-2013 at 10:10 PM.

• Disneyland PAP

I feel cruel doing this, but there is a Food Photo thread here on MC. Perhaps there you'll find what we've all been talking specifically about here, and make further decisions based on portions, serving sizes, etc.

Disneyland Resort Food/Drink Photos Thread

And then, you can go visit this great site which not only posts current menus for all the eateries throughout the parks, DTD and hotels but pricing as well in case you want to consider some specific budgeting before to arrive.

Disneyland Resort Menus

Have a great time when you get here!

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

CanaDuh,

Like you I have small kids. They have been eating at the parks since they were two years old. In terms of kids meals, the priced aren't much more than a happy meal but are healthier. There are the usual favorites for kids but portions are perfect for little ones and all come with healthier sides.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have spent the morning looking at breakfast menus in the parks. I found way more options than I thought I would, and the prices are pretty reasonable. I used to be one of those people that had to eat quickly after rising in the morning. Now I have changed to not eating breakfast, until I have been up a while.

The first morning, of my up and coming trip, will be an AP entry into DCA, and it's nice to know that when I get hungry, I will have a few places to choose from.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

My husband and I always get the Countdown Chicken Fusili and usually share. It's yummy and filling. If not there, we go to Plaza Inn and share something. I eat like a bird, though, so this might not work for everyone.

I think the food at DTD beats just about anything in the parks.

There is no good pizza in either park, but a whole pizza from Napolini is a steal compared to buying meals for everyone in your family, and tasty too.

In the mornings, my kids like to get a couple bags of Wetzel Bitz from Wetzel's Pretzel's and a couple lemonades, and share.

I've also had a good lunch at La Brea Bakery, and my kids like Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express.

These are all on the less expensive side, and will get you back into the parks quickly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123