Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Question Aladdin going to Broadway....will it stay at DCA?

Disney's Aladdin May Fly Into Broadway's New Amsterdam Theatre Following Mary Poppins - Playbill.com

According to this Mary Poppins is closing in NY and will be replaced with a Broadway production of Aladdin. I know this has been discussed before, but now that's it looking like a final decision has been made, do you think they'll keep the show in DCA? Granted they're not close, but Broadway is funded by tourist. Thoughts?

ps. Can an admin change this to "will IT stay"?. Thanks.

Re: Aladdin going to Broadway....will is stay at DCA?

Hope it stays. I have yet to see that show yet. Yes, I know, I am a terrible human being for not seeing it yet. I should go see it now...

PS: I know it is highly unlikely but I wish The Book of Mormon would tour DCA. That musical was so funny I want to watch it again.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Banned User

Re: Aladdin going to Broadway....will it stay at DCA?

Highly unlikely doesn't even begin to describe it. LOL

• -

Hopefully it means we will get something new.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• formerly very helpful

Well, Beauty and the Beast was on Broadway, and the Beauty and the Beast show is still playing at Disney Hollywood Studios in Florida, so this would probably mean a definate maybe for Aladin and DCA, and therefore really doesn't answer your question at all.

• will-o-the-whip

I would guess this is the beginning of the end of Aladdin at DCA. The fact that Disney has never bothered to fix/replace the flying carpet mechanism would seem to indicate that the show will get its final curtain sooner rather than later.

They're two completely different shows, so there's a chance that they'll keep the Disneyland production in place, especially if the seats are still being filled. Where they'll run into an issue is if the Broadway Aladdin is a success and they want to open a West Coast production or National Tour. That may compromise the theme park version of the show. Of course, I said success, so who knows. They've been kicking this production around for years and years and it hasn't done so well. This may be like the Broadway Tarzan...in and out and quickly forgotten. You never can tell up here!

• Seasick

Aladdin is a great show but its' run has been more than long enough.

I just hope the replacement is a good show, and not yet another "Disney's Greatest Hits" cop-out like they'll be running in Disneyland.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I love love love the Aladdin show but would not mind something new......but nothing like the rumored Toy Story show....give us a musical that was ment to be a musical not some Movie based show with music added later

I hope they keep Aladdin in DCA!!! I love that show. I've seen it a zillion times, and I don't care, I'm happy to keep seeing it.

Saw Toy Story on the cruise ship; unimpressed. Worth seeing once, but not much more than that. Not a good replacement for Aladdin.

Beauty and the Beast could be fun, if they absolutely have to change something.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Minion

The Beauty and the Beast WDW vs. Broadway is a good example. It's also true that not everything Disney does on Broadway has a long shelf life. Tarzan, as someone mentioned, and The Little Mermaid were both gone pretty quickly.

We're a good 3000 miles away from Broadway, and there isn't much of a threat of competition, with that in mind. I'm sure we will eventually see a new show in the Hyperion but for now, Aladdin's delightful and I hope we will have it for a while longer. If they do close it, I am guessing it won't have much if anything to do with the Broadway version. The Broadway version might in fact keep the one in DCA open longer because of increased interest.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Replace it with a Tangled show or the Mary Poppins show

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

i hope the show doesn't get replaced any time soon! i have only seen it three times so far, in the span of about 3 weeks. my personal favorite character is Carpet. there is one specific actress who i have seen play her twice out of the three, she comes off as so cool. does anybody know all of the names of the carpets? (:

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Disney's Aladdin May Fly Into Broadway's New Amsterdam Theatre Following Mary Poppins - Playbill.com

According to this Mary Poppins is closing in NY and will be replaced with a Broadway production of Aladdin. I know this has been discussed before, but now that's it looking like a final decision has been made, do you think they'll keep the show in DCA? Granted they're not close, but Broadway is funded by tourist. Thoughts?

ps. Can an admin change this to "will IT stay"?. Thanks.
    Sorry. But I need to make a clarification here. This article you reference talks about the full-length stage adaptation of Aladdin that debuted in Seattle last year. Not the show in DCA. As far as I know, the DCA show has been extended indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    As far as I know, the DCA show has been extended indefinitely.
    Excellent!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast