Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandLover View Post
    Okay, so the cast members had to pull their boat to a safe area for unloading, and as they were being evacuated, one of the cast members explained that a boat was "underwater" and stuck in its position.
    That sounds a little different than a boat sinking and people being waist-deep in water.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    That sounds a little different than a boat sinking and people being waist-deep in water.
    Maybe a boat full of overweight guests bottomed out? ; )

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Guys, I think we just cast away from the main discussion and ended up in an entirely different pool of subjects and thrown this thread overboard. I think we should bring about our talk and get back on course and head underway, because the way things are going now, we're just going to have one rudder hull of a problem here.

help me I can't stop now D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Tell no tales or we’ll keel over and start a mutiny. I’m jumping ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandDragon View Post
    At first this seemed like a story I can really sink my teeth into. But the lack of solid evidence made the report a bit fishy. All of a sudden everybody started going overboard with the puns. I admit I started Kracken up as I read them. I'm afraid that this rumor holds no water. It appears somebody tried to float the op a whopper and he bit hook, line and sinker.
    nah the rumor holds no water, i think what you mean is the rumor's tide is high..

we are anchoring away from the real topic at hand and so nah i haven't read in the news about any boat in POTC being underwater, i think the "underwater" part is a code word they use for something else..

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post

But don't the CM's distribute guests accordingly to avoid this?

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I agree. I'm glad this was labeled as a rumor.

• Banned User

Cue Celine Dion.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Cue Celine Dion.
    I’m getting more of a “I'd like to be under the sea. In an octopus's garden in the shade.” kind of vibe.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I’m getting more of a “I'd like to be under the sea. In an octopus's garden in the shade.” kind of vibe.

is this another pun.. because really i can't much more..LOL

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    But don't the CM's distribute guests accordingly to avoid this?

They try to but I've been on boats a few months ago on small world where they tried to keep a party together and a couple of them were heavy enough so they should have given them half a boat( instead of a full boat for the party) because we got stuck around the first bend both times and they had to off load them at that point and walk them back to another boat.

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post

This happened to me and my friends in Small World in the early 90's. Me and my 10 large friends were all loaded on the same boat. With the heaviest ones in the back (unfortunately there was a small family of 3 in the front row of the same boat) As we made the first turn we all kind of helped the boat around the corner and we kind of helped it around a couple other corners by pushing along the sides, we were making comments about it sinking and getting stuck, and sure enough once we were inside the building a few feet we got stuck and getting push free. (we didnt sink though just got stuck). We were there for about 5 minutes because they didnt realize we were stuck until all the boats started backing up. We just sat there and sang the song and joked about being stuck in small world for hours. The family in the front row was getting very upset, wasn't our fault they loaded us this way. When the CM came to rescue us he asked us what happened and we all pointed to the kid in front and said "ask him, he's driving" of course his parents got very upset about that and got defensive and tried to explain to us the boats aren't driven, which just made us laugh more. They finally had us get out of the boat and rearranged the weight and we continued thru the ride without any more problems. It was actually a really fun time and one of my best memories of being in the park with my friends.

• Zephyr Pilot

Every now and then at Grizzly River Run there is a "jacuzzi'd" raft where for whatever reason the raft "sinks." Really the guests just go waist deep at most. You don't hear about those in the news, so OP's story could be true.

• Banned User

Maybe they should offer a POTC swim-through option.

I bet those two drops at the beginning would be super-fun.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Maybe they should offer a POTC swim-through option.

I bet those two drops at the beginning would be super-fun.
    Great idea. They can hand out body boards at the load platform and have everybody jump in.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Great idea. They can hand out body boards at the load platform and have everybody jump in.
    Ooo. Body boards. Very California. That might actually work!

Of course, then they might throw in a swimming Jack Sparrow AA figure to pop up from the water, look us in the eye, and ask us where he is.

• California Adventurer...

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    Every now and then at Grizzly River Run there is a "jacuzzi'd" raft where for whatever reason the raft "sinks." Really the guests just go waist deep at most. You don't hear about those in the news, so OP's story could be true.
    I can't believe I've never heard of this... thats so funny. I could imagine it being a mess for Disney though. People would probably make a HUGE stink about phones in pockets getting ruined ect.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I don't know anything about this particular incident, BUT I have been on PotC when it has broken down.

My boat was in the battle scene between the Wicked Wench and the fort. We were not evacuated, but a CM had to come out after half an hour to pull off a boat or two to get us moving again I guess. He was in galoshes and he was waist-deep in water.

Was this guy short? I really have no idea, but I've seen a man waist-deep in water in PotC before.

Anyhow, I'd rather you guys get kraken on some more puns.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast