Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Anyhow, I'd rather you guys get kraken on some more puns.
    Do you think we still have enough wind for our sails or have we run our puns aground?

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Do you think we still have enough wind for our sails or have we run our puns aground?
    Shorely we can come up with some more.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I wondar if any of the CM's working were docked a day's pay.

• Ambassador of good will

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    I wondar if any of the CM's working were docked a day's pay.
    Oh boy, I think it's pretty safe to say this thread has run aground.
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

• Former CM

I can also confirm that a boat did in fact "sink" the other day at Pirates. One of my best friends is a CM there. She said that guests were up to the waist in water.

She also said they've been saying they're going to get new boats for Pirates for a long time but these new ones never come. She hopes now that a boat full of guests took on that much water that it'll call attention to the fact that new boats are needed and they will be replaced soon.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak15 View Post
    I can also confirm that a boat did in fact "sink" the other day at Pirates. One of my best friends is a CM there. She said that guests were up to the waist in water.

She also said they've been saying they're going to get new boats for Pirates for a long time but these new ones never come. She hopes now that a boat full of guests took on that much water that it'll call attention to the fact that new boats are needed and they will be replaced soon.
    Don't you think it would have made SOME sort of news media? I can't find it anywhere.

• Observer

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    Every now and then at Grizzly River Run there is a "jacuzzi'd" raft where for whatever reason the raft "sinks." Really the guests just go waist deep at most. You don't hear about those in the news, so OP's story could be true.
    thank you, and for the record....this has happened at splash mountain before. so what makes one posters thread true and anothers false ? having someone experience it should be evidence enough shouldn't it ? just because you didn't experience it or didn't hear about it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

• Observer

oh btw believe it or not.... Disney isn't that big of a deal to put on the news when ever something goes wrong.with GRR and Splash having same kind of problems you still don't see any news on them. or how about when that one guy put a Guantanamo prisoner dummy on BTMRR. or the idiot who jumped off the mark twain into the river. ? it just doesn't count as real news to people, its just minor incidents at a theme park. now if someone got hurt or died that's a different story... getting water logged is not.

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    oh btw believe it or not.... Disney isn't that big of a deal to put on the news when ever something goes wrong.with GRR and Splash having same kind of problems you still don't see any news on them. or how about when that one guy put a Guantanamo prisoner dummy on BTMRR. or the idiot who jumped off the mark twain into the river. ? it just doesn't count as real news to people, its just minor incidents at a theme park. now if someone got hurt or died that's a different story... getting water logged is not.
    Forgive me, for thinking that a Pirates of the Caribbean ride boat sinking with guests wading around in waist deep water, is local news worthy.
    *sigh*

• Sock Puppet

OH! i think i could ask my CM friend if a boat on pirates sunk or not duh! i guess i coulda done this in the beginning ... i will get back to you all with the answer when i get it!

• Observer

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Forgive me, for thinking that a Pirates of the Caribbean ride boat sinking with guests wading around in waist deep water, is local news worthy.
    *sigh*
    obviously it wasn't because it wasn't on any news channel. how many more members will have to comfirm this "rumor" before you finally start believing.

• Senior Minion

just because you didn't experience it or didn't hear about it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    That's not the way it works. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Without credible confirmation, your story is only a rumor. Nothing against you personally, but the reality is that anyone can post anything on an internet forum; as a result the stories about nonexistent mishaps at Disneyland are uncountable.

If the story is real, eventually it will be reliably confirmed. If not, it won't.

how many more members will have to comfirm this "rumor" before you finally start believing.
    At this point, the credibility of your story is close to zero. If you want people to believe your story, you should offer some credible proof.

One thing is for certain, however: kicking about the "unbelievers who won't believe" is guaranteed to push the story's credibility even closer to zero.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 01-10-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Sock Puppet

but something like THIS would of made the news.. someone jumping off mark twain maybe not so much.. heck the wrist band thing made the news..

• Sock Puppet

obviously it wasn't because it wasn't on any news channel. how many more members will have to comfirm this "rumor" before you finally start believing.

hey people are entitled to their opinion and belief and telling them what you just said above is not cool and kinda rude. if she wants to not believe that the boat sank so be it..

Uh...even a mod came in and changed the tag to "Rumor". See below.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    *Mod Note* Changed tag to "rumor" until we get substantiated confirmation that this actually happened.

And I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any part of the flume that is that deep water wise.
    So I don't have to believe anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    That's not the way it works. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Without credible confirmation, your story is only a rumor. Nothing against you personally, but the reality is that anyone can post anything on an internet forum; as a result the stories about nonexistent mishaps at Disneyland are uncountable.

If the story is real, eventually it will be reliably confirmed. If not, it won't.

At this point, the credibility of your story is close to zero. If you want people to believe your story, you should offer some credible proof.

One thing is for certain, however: kicking about the "unbelievers who won't believe" is guaranteed to push the story's credibility even closer to zero.

Thank you Mr. Wiggins
    Last edited by clara; 01-10-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast