Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 123
  1. #91

    • Observer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    298

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    ive sat around and watch people tell me im a liar and that what I know for a fact happened is false. and you say im rude for being upset over it ?

  2. #92

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I don't know anything about this particular incident, BUT I have been on PotC when it has broken down.

    My boat was in the battle scene between the Wicked Wench and the fort. We were not evacuated, but a CM had to come out after half an hour to pull off a boat or two to get us moving again I guess. He was in galoshes and he was waist-deep in water.

    Was this guy short? I really have no idea, but I've seen a man waist-deep in water in PotC before.


    Anyhow, I'd rather you guys get kraken on some more puns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Do you think we still have enough wind for our sails or have we run our puns aground?
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Shorely we can come up with some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    I wondar if any of the CM's working were docked a day's pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daboltz View Post
    Oh boy, I think it's pretty safe to say this thread has run aground.

    oooh shiver me timbers there she blows!! it's great the cm's like to submerge themselves in their work! good for them!

  3. #93

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    i just had a cm friend text me, i know 5 of them and she said she hadn't heard of this incidient.. so take it what you will

  4. #94

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    ive sat around and watch people tell me im a liar and that what I know for a fact happened is false. and you say im rude for being upset over it ?

    no but the fact that you said this
    how many more members will have to comfirm this "rumor" before you finally start believing.
    gave me the impression you were trying to tell her what to believe..again everyone can have their opinion and thought and belief.


    let's go sink ourselves in more puns!!

  5. #95

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    I heard from my friend that one of the Boats at Pirates of the Caribbean sank Last Night near the Jail Scene.. Heard guest were waist deep in water ... any pics? or more details please
    Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    ive sat around and watch people tell me im a liar and that what I know for a fact happened is false. and you say im rude for being upset over it ?
    really? It was fact when you heard from a friend this and needed more details?

    And not one person in this thread called you a liar.

  6. #96

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    ive sat around and watch people tell me im a liar and that what I know for a fact happened is false. and you say im rude for being upset over it ?
    No one is calling you a liar. You should realize, though, that the more you react in a defensive and angry manner, the lower your story's credibility is likely to become.

    You have several options on how to handle this situation: you could try to cite credible sources to confirm the story; you could kick back and await the story to be confirmed by others; or you can continue bashing people for not believing you. Your choice.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  7. #97

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,542

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    That's not the way it works. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Without credible confirmation, your story is only a rumor. Nothing against you personally, but the reality is that anyone can post anything on an internet forum; as a result the stories about nonexistent mishaps at Disneyland are uncountable.

    If the story is real, eventually it will be reliably confirmed. If not, it won't.




    At this point, the credibility of your story is close to zero. If you want people to believe your story, you should offer some credible proof.

    One thing is for certain, however: kicking about the "unbelievers who won't believe" is guaranteed to push the story's credibility even closer to zero.
    This, exactly.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  8. #98

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    i have to agree with mr wiggins.. whoa thought i'd never say that lol and wow we are sure sailing through the pages on this thread!

  9. #99

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    They lost a whole boat!

    Attachment 26253
    Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Looks like it was deeper than waist deep. I think they went all the way to Davy Jone's Locker.
    oky i jsut saw this... haha!! that's funny!!

  10. #100

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Not at Disneyland :(
    Posts
    2,477

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    I heard from my friend that one of the Boats at Pirates of the Caribbean sank Last Night near the Jail Scene.. Heard guest were waist deep in water ... any pics? or more details please
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandLover View Post
    So I talked to my cousin about it again, and she confirms that a boat did sink.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandLover View Post
    Okay, so the cast members had to pull their boat to a safe area for unloading, and as they were being evacuated, one of the cast members explained that a boat was "underwater" and stuck in its position.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak15 View Post
    I can also confirm that a boat did in fact "sink" the other day at Pirates. One of my best friends is a CM there. She said that guests were up to the waist in water.
    Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    obviously it wasn't because it wasn't on any news channel. how many more members will have to comfirm this "rumor" before you finally start believing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Potc was closed for a while yesterday afternoon. Not sure when it reopened..
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandLover View Post
    My cousin was texting me from inside where she was stuck. They were stuck for 2 hours then evacuated... is that longer than usual?
    conclusion.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    No one is calling you a liar. You should realize, though, that the more you react in a defensive and angry manner, the lower your story's credibility is likely to become.

    You have several options on how to handle this situation: you could try to cite credible sources to confirm the story; you could kick back and await the story to be confirmed by others; or you can continue bashing people for not believing you. Your choice.

    Thank you Mr Wiggins, your post sums this up perfectly. A friend heard, my cousin was told, my friend that is a CM had heard, etc. are all hearsay and therefore are not submittable forms of evidence that this ever happened. Thank you for reporting what you heard, but please accept the fact that until there is a credible source for the claims that the story will be in doubt.

    Could this have actually happened? Yes it could have. If you really got this info from a friend thanks for sharing it as a rumor and asking this community if they too had heard of this but don't be upset when it hasn't shown up on the radar here and we are doubtful.
    Last edited by DLandFansAZ; 01-10-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

  11. #101

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    How about when that one guy put a Guantanamo prisoner dummy on BTMRR. or the idiot who jumped off the mark twain into the river. ? it just doesn't count as real news to people, its just minor incidents at a theme park. now if someone got hurt or died that's a different story... getting water logged is not.
    Both of those instances you present were at least searchable through a Google Search or a YouTube search and found. I'm finding NOTHING on a Pirates Boat sinking with guests and/or guests in waist deep water.

    So until what Mr. Wiggins says here, happens

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    If the story is real, eventually it will be reliably confirmed. If not, it won't.
    I say rumor.
    Last edited by clara; 01-10-2013 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typos

  12. #102

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,675

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    No one is calling you a liar. You should realize, though, that the more you react in a defensive and angry manner, the lower your story's credibility is likely to become.

    You have several options on how to handle this situation: you could try to cite credible sources to confirm the story; you could kick back and await the story to be confirmed by others; or you can continue bashing people for not believing you. Your choice.
    Nice post. It is very in depth.

  13. #103

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,196

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    ive sat around and watch people tell me im a liar and that what I know for a fact happened is false. and you say im rude for being upset over it ?
    No one has called you a liar.

    You presented second-hand information, you didn't even see it for yourself. It sounds like it is "big" news, and you obviously agreed since you started a thread about it. Members wanted confirmation this happened, as it obviously does not happen often.

    I'm sorry you feel offended by people wanting clarification and confirmation. I would recommend not posting things that you cannot back up if it upsets you for people to ask questions. Unfortunately, that's human nature. It's nothing personal.

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  14. #104

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,196

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i have to agree with mr wiggins.. whoa thought i'd never say that lol and wow we are sure sailing through the pages on this thread!
    Seconded on both parts!! Mr. Wiggins - well said.

    We are sailing into uncharted seas, now! Batten down the hatches, there may be rough waters ahead!

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  15. #105

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Not at Disneyland :(
    Posts
    2,477

    Re: Pirates Boat Sinks w/ Guest Onboard !!!!

    Just to make my post clear, there have been posts here that state that CM heard this and there have been CM that have never heard of this incident. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but until someone with a name is willing to step up and say they actually saw this, post a picture or give an account of what happened, I think this is still just a rumor.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Knightley now onboard with 'Pirates' - New York Times 7/2/06
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 12:33 AM
  2. Has Pirates been ruined by Boat Crowding?
    By Lore in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 03:28 PM
  3. Pirates of the Caribbean lawsuit
    By Darkbeer in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 03:53 PM
  4. Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest
    By figment1986 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 09:48 PM
  5. Pirates Question?
    By Alchimedes in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 02:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •