Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Re: Al Report: Carsland Tune Ups (Luigi's Updates), and MSEP, NGen, and MS Alley Upda

We are from out of state and will use the Early Entry offer if/when we go this spring.

I love the Electrical Parade. It seemed like a lot of people loved the parade when we last saw it at DCA.

• I'm a fiddle player......

Re: Al Report: Carsland Tune Ups (Luigi's Updates), and MSEP, NGen, and MS Alley Upda

I love early entry but too bad my pass ran out and dont intend to renew. I think MSEP would be an awesome limited time magic offering in like the slow weeks between halloween and Thanksgiving. Then a new EP for 2014 like Tokyo's Dremlights would be awesome.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'd like to see some concept art for the Main Street back alley. Can anyone post a link?

Why doesn't Disney just invest a little more and just build a weather-proof, fanciful arcade like those of Paris? They are beautiful and don't have any of the issues Al listed.

The new FastPass thing sounds... bleh. I mean I'm probably in the minority here, being a tourist and a semi-obsessive planner, but it's not even just the pre-booking your FP rides that bugs me. I could get past that, what really bugs me is that it can be restricted based on how much you pay for your hotel.

It's not just the AP holders who would be getting screwed by that, it's also the tourists who have to budget a bit and can't splurge on the GCH deluxe suites when the come to visit. It bugs me because although I have to stay offsite when I visit to save some money, I do it so I can spend more time IN the parks, which also means I spend more money on meals, and souvenirs. If I could fit an on-property hotel into my budget, I'd only be in the parks for 2-3 days which isn't a lot when you can only afford to visit every few years. I don't like the idea of being "punished" for that.

I hope they reconsider bringing back the MSEP! It is one of my earliest Disneyland memories.

The alleyway sounds good too, and I LOVE the ideas about Luigi's! Although when we went in the summer we were totally confused as to why people seemed to have such a hard time getting it going. It took us a few seconds to get the hang of it and then we were flying all over the floor. But something extra like Luigi and his crew to give the ride more "oomph" as they put it would still be great!
    ..:: DLR Trips: 1994, 1999, 2012 ::..

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Why doesn't Disney just invest a little more and just build a weather-proof, fanciful arcade like those of Paris? They are beautiful and don't have any of the issues Al listed.
    I much prefer the open air and sunshine of an "alley", plus, I think an arcade doesn't work as well thematically as an alley, which preserves the idea of different proprietors and the shops as "real".

It would be great to see some greenery, such as a little bit of shrubbery, grass, made to look like they are just growing haphazardly in the alley. Can't wait to see what their concept of a turn of the century alley is, I bet they'll be some cut props, like bags of sugar and such outside various shops.

• Senior Minion

NextGen = New Coke.

Bon appetit.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

I was a little sad to hear that the MSEP may truly have lived up to its late 90's slogan. It's sad, because I know it'd be one of the things to get my Dad to want to revisit the park (aside from him mentioning his fascination on wanting to see 'World of Color').

Though the additions of Guido and a pit crew to the Flying Tires sent my imagination going. Though I do hope the restraints would keep over-excited kids from reaching out or trying to hop on Guido and the other pit crew. I do wonder how big Guido and the others would be.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Hell if DL or DCA won't take back MSEP then it's time for Disney to end it and ship off a few key pieces for a museum somewhere. I want SpectroMagic 2.0 for WDW and a new electric parade for DL that ISN'T Pixar themed.

But I will say if the company does want to put an end date once and forever on MSEP they need to ship it back to DL for it's "final run" engagement for the holiday season in 2013. Now here's the catch... the parade only would be offered for those rumored pay ticketed Christmas parties inside Disneyland. Then of course offered free for the rest of the year until 2014 hits. Of course the overall public won't know that until the parties are over.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Thrill Seeker

I took advantage of the early hour this past weekend on both days and I loved it. We did most of DCA in that hour alone, and was able to finish it up shortly after the park opened because everybody went to Carsland. I could not have been happier on Saturday. And on Sunday at DL we got some great pictures around an empty park, and still did the major rides with no problems, or waits at all. It was pure amazing.

I will be fine with it if you think its a waste of time, or you have to get up early. Just means a better time for me
    My Disney adventures in the USA:

[ FLICKR ] - [ You Tube ]

Interesting, I'm not liking the nextgen at all though I'm still somewhat curious as to what it will do to the queues. With rising prices and all it'll be a few years before I go back to the parks anyways so I'll have plenty of time to figure out my next battle plan.

I'm really hoping that new walkthrough can go through sooner then later sounds like it'd be a great relief for the parks. If they could build a fireworks balcony that's even better in my opinion anyways.

I think I'm a fan of anything that eases firework congestion and potentially adds even a few new spaces to watch fireworks from. Wish they'd move the orbiter and all that too but the MS Alley would be a huge improvement for Disneyland I think.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Quote Originally Posted by MarkILIS View Post
    The Thursday night AP extra hours at DCA in February haven't been announced yet anywhere else, right? My AP runs out mid-February so I'm hoping it begins early in the month.

I hope this is true. Coming up on a Thursday February I have a stay at the Grand Californian. So this would be perfect if it is for real. I wonder if you have to sign up for it as we did for the AP Magic morning hours this summer or if it is more or less automatic for any pass holder.

the idea they have for luigi's tires sounds interesting hope it gets approved the ride needs something

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's kind of sad, of all the back streets proposed over the years, we're excited for an alley with sacks of sugar and maybe a cobblestone or brick ground surface.

It's not "Chinatown", "Edison Square" or "Liberty Street".

I wonder if there will be any exhibits, attractions or what not or if they really just want people to pass through as quickly as possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12