Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future Imagineer

Post Al Report: Carsland Tune Ups (Luigi's Updates), and MSEP, NGen, and MS Alley Updates

From Al's Article today:

Al Lutz Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Barcode a Disneyland Update

Sounds like we're in for a long year. So,what do you think?

Re: Al Report: Carsland Tune Ups (Luigi's Updates), and MSEP, NGen, and MS Alley Upda

I'm glad they're trying to figure something out for Luigi's, now that the beach balls are gone and it looks emptier...

As for NextGen, it just gets worse and worse the more I hear of it. Staggs said nothing on the Parks Blog to ease my concerns over the whole death to spontaneity thing.

• will-o-the-whip

Re: Al Report: Carsland Tune Ups (Luigi's Updates), and MSEP, NGen, and MS Alley Upda

I have no problem with the interactive queues, but reserving Fastpasses in advance removes the fun of serendipity from the park experience.

2013 sounds good. The AP offerings better ramp up significantly by the time next gen becomes tourist only. Cutting us out of FP and NextGen in favor of higher paying vacation guests is just so cheesy and beyond disney levels of greed. The only way I'd put up with it is if APs have tons of exclusive perks. I'm talking more than they are planning for 2013.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Remote controlled cars that push your tires out on Luigi's? How about just not make the learning curve so steep and the ride a minute longer?

I am stoked on the AP news, though.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    From Al's Article today:

Al Lutz Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Barcode a Disneyland Update

Sounds like we're in for a long year. So,what do you think?
    I think it's about time we got an update.
    Now, time to read...

Well, those AP attendance manipulations won't work. There are a million AP'ers. TDA can manipulate only 10000 of them (1%) at a time. But, you know what really manipulates them? Rewarding a couple for going to the park every day for a year. Yes, that was a stupid thing to to, George. "Hey, maybe I can get a reward if I want every day for a year," thought 50000 AP'ers at once.

MSEP? I've been over it since I first saw it. My strategy for MSEP was: pick a side of DL to be on, and ride everything you can while half the guests watch a parade. I remember a few Jungle Cruise skippers making remarks about the music that could be heard from the boats at night. The flashlight was used to dazzling effect.

Quick note to Al: the queue is part of the attraction. The ride portion is part of the attraction.
    Last edited by sediment; 01-08-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

The Thursday night AP extra hours at DCA in February haven't been announced yet anywhere else, right? My AP runs out mid-February so I'm hoping it begins early in the month.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Remote controlled cars that push your tires out on Luigi's? How about just not make the learning curve so steep and the ride a minute longer?

I am stoked on the AP news, though.
    for some reason I cant really mentally picture this. sounds weird

• HYDRA

i wounder if kids will climb on the RC tires during the start and exit
    i bet people will take pictures with them an slow it down like with the balls
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Exactly! It's time for Lassi-tire to cave in and install some "optional" joysticks.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Well, those AP attendance manipulations won't work. There are a million AP'ers. TDA can manipulate only 10000 of them (1%) at a time. But, you know what really manipulates them? Rewarding a couple for going to the park every day for a year. Yes, that was a stupid thing to to, George. "Hey, maybe I can get a reward if I want every day for a year," thought 50000 AP'ers at once.
    I think the idea is just to cram the parks full entirely throughout the day. TDA assumes that the average local guest stays for 4-6 hours a day. Instead of having tens of thousands of locals mobbing into the park between 10:30 and 12 like they do now. They want to scatter the existing group so that more come early and taper off by noon, some arrive in the afternoon, and the most will arrive in the evening. I don't think it's so much a thing of getting more AP'ers to show up as it is the neusence of having 25,000 people showing up to your resort all within an hour time period. The millions who make up the majority of the AP group probably should be considered moot since the largest group of AP holders don't go to the park on a weekly or even monthly basis. They just have their AP because they bought into the upsell but don't plan on visiting more frequently then they have been.

The reason why I love their strategy is because, as a family who arrive at the park before the ropes drop, we have a rule that we must leave no later than 12pm only because the crowds of locals coming in at once makes the park intolerable and screws up key operational elements from posted queue times to foot path upkeep (custodial). If TDA is successful then I will be more likely to stay for a longer period of time which means they'll get more of my hard earned money.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    MSEP? I've been over it since I first saw it. My strategy for MSEP was: pick a side of DL to be on, and ride everything you can while half the guests watch a parade. I remember a few Jungle Cruise skippers making remarks about the music that could be heard from the boats at night. The flashlight was used to dazzling effect.
    I can't say that I'm quite over MSEP even after 25 years and would be delighted to see it come back to the resort. This is mainly because there hasn't been a parade since the 50th Anniversary that's been more enjoyable than MSEP.

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    I have no problem with the interactive queues, but reserving Fastpasses in advance removes the fun of serendipity from the park experience.
    What I get from Al's article is that the NextGen plans aren't super concrete yet but that there are some firm ideas that can be reported on as of today. It makes no sense for the resort to depend on tourism so much as to completely P.O. it's massive safety net of AP holders. What I predict will happen is that at a later time Disney will release official news that in addition to the well-to-do tourist's fastpass buy-up plan Deluxe and Premium passholders also will receive this benefit and will receive their own personalize-able NextGen wristbands for them to keep. This will make the Socal passholders either mad or desperate and the majority will stop renewing rather than buy-up to the higher AP's. In 2016 TDA will demolish the Socal AP options due to lack of popularity.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

The new AP Early Entry has it's pros and cons.

My only concern is how many will show up and how will it play out should there be a larger than expected turnout before admission begins...worth the try though!

I'm a little saddened that MSEP is in limbo. Disney should consider (possibly) making this part of the AP perks if they are that desperate for attendance, but I would like to really see it come back in full form as night time entertainment...so many memories with it when my family would take me and my sister when we were kids. Nothing beats lining up on the sidewalk and waiting for the lights to dim and music to come.

Also, reservation based FP is a bit of step backwards in my opinion...to me, it shouldn't be restricted. I've seen people abuse their fastpass privileges, but what about the GAC abuse that arises? I've waited in the wheelchair access lines before. Of course, it's harder to tell WHO is really faking it and WHO is really in need of it. The one thing I can vouch for is that it doesn't always guarantee immediate boarding.

I'm hoping for the best for the TDA associates on the theoretical chopping block...layoffs suck

• Banned User

Don't care about Early Entry. I never make it that early to the park.

The alleys are a good idea.

NOT happy about Electrical being shelved. Bring it home!

• Closed Account

So TDA AND Al are laboring under the delusion that 900,000 APers are gonna be forced to decide, six months in advance, whet day and time theyre gonna ride the Mansion? RIGGGGHT........ This is a clientele that killed Light Magic in 3mos and made sure DCA1.0 was not acceptable.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

While this year won't be even as close to as cool as last year.....with them adding a new show this summer, the new princess area (at the very least from the art work, the new subland will be fun to at least look at)
    Adding Animatronic's to Luigi's and more small touches here and there....seems like a good year though....I have no clue what I will do once the next gen stuff hits the parks...but thats years from now and if it ruins it for me....I'll just go on Universal they'll have Potterland by then and that will have to be my new park

•   

if the MSEP come back to DL how will the schedule be for the night time with the firework, n fantasmic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast