• Disney Fanatic

Fantasyland comes to DCA Blue Sky Cellar

Get a Look at What?s Next for Disneyland Park When Blue Sky Cellar Reopens January 19 « Disney Parks Blog

Savvy Disneyland Resort fans know the best place to get up-close with what’s coming up next at the Happiest Place on Earth is Blue Sky Cellar at Disney California Adventure park. Every so often, this exhibit space closes temporarily so Walt Disney Imagineering can add new items showing what they’re working on next at the Resort.
    Blue Sky Cellar closed yesterday for its latest update and will reopen January 19 to feature artwork and models for our next experience, Fantasy Faire at Disneyland park. As we’ve told you here on the Disney Parks Blog, Fantasy Faire – which opens in spring 2013 – will be an enchanting village square where guests will be immersed in the stories of their favorite Disney princesses.

Also featured in this update will be the artwork that Shawn showed you in his announcement for “Mickey and the Magical Map,” that will open this summer in Fantasyland Theatre.
    Be sure to stop by Blue Sky Cellar after it reopens on January 19 and get an up-close look at what is coming to Disneyland park in 2013!
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

Re: Fantasyland comes to DCA Blue Sky Cellar

is that little thing in the middle the tangled tower? I thought it would be a little bigger lol

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
    is that little thing in the middle the tangled tower? I thought it would be a little bigger lol
    It looks like they just incorporated her tower into a fountain.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    It looks like they just incorporated her tower into a fountain.
    oh that might be cool

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I really could care less for the meet and greet.....but I love the look of the sub land and can't wait to get to walk through it at night

• I'm a Lutheran

It looks very well done. Hopefully we'll get some more news regarding the Figaro animatronic.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

figaro anamatronic?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    It looks very well done. Hopefully we'll get some more news regarding the Figaro animatronic.
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
    figaro anamatronic?
    Someone can correct me here, but there is supposed to be a Figaro animatronic that is in one of the windows (or something?) that will be part of this new area. Think Evil Queen above Snow White's Scary Adventures-esque.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I can picture it full of families in a rope line.

• -

It looks like it will be amazingly well themed. I just wonder how much of it will be visible from Main Street.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^were on Main street...from the Hub you'll see just the tops of the tallest buildings but from Jolly Holly back to the train station I doubt you'll see anything but the tarp above the dancing floor (or story telling area now)

• Shablagoo!

There will be a little Figaro animatronic that will be asleep on a window sil. Occasionally he will wake up to watch an animatronic bird in a cage. There is also a Clopin puppet animatronic elsewhere. Tony Baxter showed us some art of them at the Pacific Northwest Mousemeet last summer.

Edit: Looking at the second picture (not the one of the Mickey show) you can see Clopin's spot. it is the small red booth that is just past the Tangled tower fountain, ground level, and underneath a window. In the 1st picture I think Figaro will be in the window of the building with the golden rails near the top. There seems to be a birdcage there.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I will have to put this on my list of things to do on my vacation.

• film975

I saw that the Blue Sky Cellar was on the refurbishment schedule for this month. I was also wondering what was going to be put in there now that the DCA's expansion project is all finished.

​Cool! Thanks for the update- I'll have to check that out!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.