Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disneyland OCD

Disneyland OCD

Does anybody do things, or keep things that other people are like: What are you thinking?!! I for one have a "Disneyland Document Collection", where i have about 1000 fastpasses, many from attractions which no longer have them, (i figure [hope] that someday they people would bid on them, like the ticket books), my parking passes, old annual passes, a ton of signle rider passes, which they changed by the way, they are much smaller than the old ones, and i keep the line surveying papers that they ask you to give to the person who loads you in your vehicle. Anybody else have some crazy stories?

• Now 40% less bitter!

Re: Disneyland OCD

Just take care of the stuff on thermal paper, because that stuff will fade to a rich brown hue, at some point.
    I have a real hard time throwing away stuff from Disneyland, even if it's already crap. I have pens that ran out of ink that are from the hotels, and I have old paper napkins that I stuffed in my purse for later (though not used, that would be creepy).
    Oo-de-lally!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220
    Does anybody do things, or keep things that other people are like: What are you thinking?!! I for one have a "Disneyland Document Collection", where i have about 1000 fastpasses, many from attractions which no longer have them, (i figure [hope] that someday they people would bid on them, like the ticket books), my parking passes, old annual passes, a ton of signle rider passes, which they changed by the way, they are much smaller than the old ones, and i keep the line surveying papers that they ask you to give to the person who loads you in your vehicle. Anybody else have some crazy stories?

I do the same thing... so I understand... it is like a free souvenir to
    get all the fastpasses during a trip! HINT: try to keep the thermal paper
    things out of the sun and heat... that is when they tend to turn color
    or the writing starts to disappear!

I also collect park maps! Have them dating back to the 70s
    Last edited by MSEPLightningBug; 01-14-2006 at 02:22 PM.

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

I like to save "dated items" like the parking ticket or schedule. Then I know when I have been there. I wish they still made the maps with the dates on them. I also keep maps and watch out for when they change.

Thank heavens I not the only one!!!!
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Loves Disney

I am the same way. Fast passes,sneak preview flyers,Collectible maps like the 50th map, and when my bro used to work there all the special tickets and press stuff like my Tower of Terror press folder,pin and ticket, I even have parts of the steamers shot into the crowd used on the tower lighting event lol.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Mine has to be the maps...But I always end up losing them...Bad me

• Know More Than You Should

For me it's maps- I have maps dating back to 1999 for Disneyland, and dating back to 2003 for WDW. Plus I also collect pins, Disneyland Music, and anything else. For example, I have a parking ticket from the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure from the day it opened (I was there!).

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I compulsively take anywhere from 3-5 maps when entering the gates on my first time. And I will sometimes sneak another one or two as I re-enter after ParkHopping. The CMs don't seem to like it much when I take like five maps at a time and I think one time I grabbed like 8 at once.

On the 17th I was obsessed with them, I would try to get them whenever I could - at the Monorail stations, Grand Californian Hotel entrance, main gates. They tried to limit it to one map per person on that day, but (with some help with friends) I think I got somewhere around 8-11 of them. I gave away all but three to fellow MiceChatters - I hope you all are taking care of them!

But yes, maps are my weakness. It's ridiculous and my friends make fun of me - bad. haha.

I'm also a compulsive shop browser. Even if I've been in the shop a billion times I always feel the urge to look around at least once a trip in certain shops: Disneyana, Star Traders, Store Command, Pieces of Eight, Le Bat En Rouge, Hollywood Tower Hotel Gifts.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Maps for me too, to the point where i have a clipboard that closes, so i put all the maps i grab into the clipboard to make sure they don't bend.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I have maps. Confetti from shows. Streamers. Wet Paint signs. Hotel menus. Restuarant menus. Magnetic do not disturb signs. E-Ticket bracelets. Pens. Shampoo. Soap. Pretty much anything I can get. Tickets. Hotel room keys are a biggie. Fast passes and uber loads of maps. Ebay is great for old maps and maps of overseas parks.

• Long Distance Imagineer

I, too, collect the maps. Did you guys see the oversized ones they are selling at the Emporium? Way cool. I bought one, plus I have one from around the 1990's or 1980's from WDW. I use them at the entrance of my Disneyland parties.

I have a lot of containers I use to store all of the stuff, plus I use file folders and an expandable file pocket to store the paper stuff. I have a three ring binder that contains signage (in paper protectors) and layout maps from planning what goes where at the parties. One of these days I'm hoping to put the plans out on the internet.

A CM friend of mine was kind enough to (since he was working on the 17th) send me the maps from that day, also the gold ears handed out and the CM book they gave everyone. He saves the pins and puts them on a corkboard in his home.

• Minion

I have all those kinds of things too. Even various paper napkin styles from several years back. But I don't really do it to see if they will be valuable later. I'm just a sentimental sap for Disneyland! I do have some retro collectables that I know are valuable, and my kids will someday get those, and they are Disneyland fanatics as well.

• No marbles to begin with!

I like keeping the maps and times guide. I always get one as i go into each park. For me, some of them hold memories. One map i have from october is in tatters and will fall apart if I open it. That was the map that I had my sister hold as we she went on Grizzly river run for the time, and the marathon 5 times after that. The map barely survived, lol.

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I compulsively take anywhere from 3-5 maps when entering the gates on my first time. And I will sometimes sneak another one or two as I re-enter after ParkHopping. The CMs don't seem to like it much when I take like five maps at a time and I think one time I grabbed like 8 at once.
    You could always take extra maps from just to the right of the door to city hall...that way you don't have to look funny taking a bunch at the turnstyle. That's what I do...hahaha.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

My friend is obssed with pins....Last winter when I went to WDW....He spent all his money...almost $60.00, my money...thankfully only $10.00, and a few other peoples money on the pins....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast