Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Guests with multi-day tickets now photographed to curb 'renting'

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    it should be against the law, it's against Disney policy.
    The law, and a private property's rules are two totally, totally different things.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    The law, and a private property's rules are two totally, totally different things.
    Hence why she said it *SHOULD* be against the law. Suggesting that it should become against the law, not just a private property's rules.

Regardless, after thinking about this, won't this back up lines to enter the park? I wonder how fast Disney can make the photo taking process be.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Hence why she said it *SHOULD* be against the law. Suggesting that it should become against the law, not just a private property's rules.
    I get that part, but just because it's against the rules of a company doesn't mean that it should be enforced as a law.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I get that part, but just because it's against the rules of a company doesn't mean that it should be enforced as a law.
    True, I guess its more wishful thinking. Still, its sucky that Disney has to actually do this.

• Sock Puppet

it's prohibited to resell concert tickets..so reselling of disneyland tickets should be made just that and against the law of the city of Anaheim

well i feel sorry for those families that rent the tickets an then can't get in because i think that the business need to be shut down.

•   
    • Minion

good! i think also singing the ticket and showing id would work too, if the name on ticket doesn't match the name on the ID or drivers license then no entry!
    IIRC that is what they were trying out before they did this - making the guests show ID - but it was problematic. For one thing, most kids don't have legal ID unless they have a passport.

• -

it should be against the law, it's against Disney policy.
    Depending on how the ticket sale was represented to the buyer, it may be against the law.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Depending on how the ticket sale was represented to the buyer, it may be against the law.
    if it illegal to buy and then resell movie tickets,concert tickets etc..then this policy should be set forth for Disneyland tickets also in the city of anahiem. and any company that buys and resells Disneyland tickets should be prosecuted to the full extent...that's what i think.

• Parking Lot > DCA

it's prohibited to resell concert tickets..so reselling of disneyland tickets should be made just that and against the law of the city of Anaheim
    Well, sort of. Normally it's prohibited to resell tickets of any kind on the premises of the event. It's not prohibited to resell or purchase tickets, for example on a site like Stubhub.

I think it's a little much to say it should be made a law and enforced by the city of Anaheim. They have enough to worry about (as do all cities) already. Disneyland can handle their own.

• Sock Puppet

Well, sort of. Normally it's prohibited to resell tickets of any kind on the premises of the event. It's not prohibited to resell or purchase tickets, for example on a site like Stubhub.

I think it's a little much to say it should be made a law and enforced by the city of Anaheim. They have enough to worry about (as do all cities) already. Disneyland can handle their own.
    what i mean is ticket scalping business like these ticket renters ,they should be shut down and prosecuted not place like stub hub who are allowed by venues an such to sell the tickets.. they don't do it illegally, but these ticket renters do. but in the city of anahiem it SHOULD be made prohibit-able by law..that's all i meant

It's not illegal to resell tickets at, above, or below face value in CA. It is only illegal to do so on the premises of the event. That's why people looking to buy or sell tickets at a concert are so shady about it.

As far as scalping goes, it's a complex issue, but the real truth is it finds the real market value of a ticket. If U2 sells tickets for a max of $150 but a scalper can sell them for $800, the tickets are actually worth $800, not $150. Many, many, many artists and bands get around this by, behind the scenes, selling tickets through Ticketmaster-owned scalpers. This way they look good to the public selling cheap tickets, but actually make their real value by selling them behind the scenes.

It's not too much different than anything else. I bought a guitar for $200 and sold it for $1100. Should that be illegal too?

The answer is for artists, Disneyland, etc. to do their best to limit it. I saw signs Saturday that multi-day ticket holders had to show ID upon entry, so perhaps the photo thing didn't work and they changed already.

Resellers will always find ways. Some bands have forced those who buy tickets to be present and use the ticket for entry themselves. Scalpers just end up buying nosebleed seats, give them to the people who buy the good seats, they all enter, then the scalper hands the good seats over to the buyer and leaves.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Rolls eyes...why can't you just get your name on the ticket...and you bring an ID....if your under 18 then you don't need one but if you look older then a teenage you need some sort of ID to get in with the tickets....its that simple

And in CA anyway you start getting school I'ds when your in middle school so.....yeah everyone over like 14 has an ID

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples
    what i mean is ticket scalping business like these ticket renters ,they should be shut down and prosecuted not place like stub hub who are allowed by venues an such to sell the tickets.. they don't do it illegally, but these ticket renters do. but in the city of anahiem it SHOULD be made prohibit-able by law..that's all i meant
    I understand your point. If it's sold on premises then they should be taken down, but there isn't a lot they can do about off premises selling, other than trying to come up with ways (like they are) to prevent people from getting in using said tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97 View Post
    It's not illegal to resell tickets at, above, or below face value in CA. It is only illegal to do so on the premises of the event. That's why people looking to buy or sell tickets at a concert are so shady about it.

As far as scalping goes, it's a complex issue, but the real truth is it finds the real market value of a ticket. If U2 sells tickets for a max of $150 but a scalper can sell them for $800, the tickets are actually worth $800, not $150. Many, many, many artists and bands get around this by, behind the scenes, selling tickets through Ticketmaster-owned scalpers. This way they look good to the public selling cheap tickets, but actually make their real value by selling them behind the scenes.

It's not too much different than anything else. I bought a guitar for $200 and sold it for $1100. Should that be illegal too?

The answer is for artists, Disneyland is to do their best to limit it. I saw signs Saturday that multi-day ticket holders had to show ID upon entry, so perhaps the photo thing didn't work and they changed already.

Resellers will always find ways. Some bands have forced those who buy tickets to be present and use the ticket for entry themselves. Scalpers just end up buying nosebleed seats, give them to the people who buy the good seats, they all enter, then the scalper hands the good seats over to the buyer and leaves.
    Fantastic post.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by loungefly97 View Post
    It is only illegal to do so on the premises of the event.
    Not true, there are other ways that it is illegal as well.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Not true, there are other ways that it is illegal as well.
    What are the other ways? I've only heard it's prohibited on the actual premises of the event in California. Which really is all that matters for this post. Other states laws don't mean anything here.

CPC 346

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/346.html

Last edited by explodingboy; 01-08-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast