Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Guests with multi-day tickets now photographed to curb 'renting'

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    The laws don't dictate when the ticket can be valid. They do however dictate conditions of sale and false advertising. The person trying to USE the ticket isn't breaking the law; they're just going to be turned away at the gate.

The person selling that used ticket IS breaking the law. They KNOW that the ticket is not going to be able to be used, but they are putting it forward as a valid park ticket that can be used for entry. That's called fraud, and it's against the law.

If I run a travel agency, I can sell NEW Disney park tickets. I can't sell tickets that were already used at the gate, and tell my customers that they will be able to use them to get into the park. You can't sell something knowing full well that the item can't be used as advertised.

So if I try to get into the park with an invalid ticket and I am turned away, no, I can't sue Disney. I can certainly sue or press charges against the person who sold me the invalid ticket because they broke the law.
    i'd sue the person that sold me the invalid ticket..yep yep..

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    calsig already said it is illegal in other aspects, if the buyer is underage,if the ticket is invalid etc..
    Yes, those laws may come into effect if those other aspects are met.

and yeah i know its in Florida that post from , but still the point was they sold illegal tickets and got arrested.it doesnt' matter where it happend..
    But it does matter where it happened. Different states have different laws so something that may be legal here, may not have been legal in Florida.

just because they rented tickets aren't sold on Disneyland property doesn't make it right
    It may not be right, but it is however legal.

• -

The person selling that used ticket IS breaking the law. They KNOW that the ticket is not going to be able to be used, but they are putting it forward as a valid park ticket that can be used for entry. That's called fraud, and it's against the law.
    It actually takes a little more. The seller also has to know that the buyer has no knowledge of the invalidity and if he had that knowledge would not have purchased the ticket.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Sock Puppet

It's illegal to "rent" out Disney tickets because a reseller license allows them to sell the tickets once and not multiple times. t

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    If the ticket is new, and not sold on premises though, it's legal.
    Yes, that's what I said. Considering you can buy Disney tickets from travel agents, Ralphs, Costco and all sorts of other places there's no question that it's legal to sell Disneyland tickets off site provided they're valid tickets.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It actually takes a little more. The seller also has to know that the buyer has no knowledge of the invalidity and if he had that knowledge would not have purchased the ticket.
    If the buyer goes to the gate and tries to get in, he's demonstrating that he thought the ticket was valid for entry. That should take care of that right then and there.

• Sock Puppet

right cause if they or he did, that be a act of something.. right calsig? i believe on the back each ticket clearly states on the back that they are non-transferable, cannot be re-sold.
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 01-08-2013 at 04:43 PM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

disneyland tickets are non transferable. You also might need a license to resell the tickets, hence why stub hub is a okay company to buy.
    As far as I know, you don't need a license to sell a ticket. When you use Stubhub, you're not purchasing the ticket from them directly, you're purchasing it through them from someone who has listed it. Stubhub is just a listing site essentially.

• -

If the buyer goes to the gate and tries to get in, he's demonstrating that he thought the ticket was valid for entry. That should take care of that right then and there.
    Not necessarily. They could have known about it but thought the discount on the ticket price was worth the risk.
    right cause if they or he did, that be a act of something.. right calsig?
    Lets just say it would be an indicator that they may be trying to scam the system as well.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    As far as I know, you don't need a license to sell a ticket. When you use Stubhub, you're not purchasing the ticket from them directly, you're purchasing it through them from someone who has listed it. Stubhub is just a listing site essentially.
    business license to sell tickets. listing site or not, you need a license, a real estate listing agent still needs a license to do what they do..stub hub is a business, im sure they have a business license to do what they do.

Not necessarily. They could have known about it but thought the discount on the ticket price was worth the risk.

Lets just say it would be an indicator that they may be trying to scam the system as well.
    thats it a scam.. that's the word i was looking for..

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Why not just use biometrics like has been done for years in Florida? They'll even be getting rid of some turnstiles for the RFID entry, so somebody can get a pat on the head for some cost savings.

• Sock Puppet

now ticket renting--yes the photo thing will come in handy. joe shmoe and his fam rent a family 4 pack of 3 day park hoppers, then turn them in when they are done after having their photo taken.. then john doe and his family rent the same park hoppers that joe shmoe had and they try to enter the gate, the photo's won't match cause i am sure the barcode from the ticket will be in the system attached to the photos..and this will also tell disneyland how many times that one ticket is being used over and over..i, just guessing

• Parking Lot > DCA

business license to sell tickets. listing site or not, you need a license, a real estate listing agent still needs a license to do what they do..stub hub is a business, im sure they have a business license to do what they do.
    Comparing a real estate agent to selling tickets for an event is a bit of a stretch. I am sure that Stubhub and other sites like it have all the needed credentials to be a listing site. To sell a ticket somewhere to someone though? You don't need a license.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Why not just use biometrics like has been done for years in Florida? They'll even be getting rid of some turnstiles for the RFID entry, so somebody can get a pat on the head for some cost savings.
    From my experience, the biometrics were a joke. If my finger was not in the exact position over the reader, it didn't work. A couple of times they were having so much trouble that they just waived me in. The readers need to be more sensitive.

• Parking Lot > DCA

A couple of times they were having so much trouble that they just waived me in.
    Seems like a solid system!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast