• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Re: Guests with multi-day tickets now photographed to curb 'renting'

Multi-day ticket rental businesses just heard the news

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I don't see how that is a viable solution. If they lower the cost of a single day ticket there is no incentive to buy multiday tickets. Disney likes selling these as it gets the money up front for those days whether they are used or not. If a person is planning to spend three days in the park and buy a three day ticket and something comes up where the person can only use two of the days, Disney wins because the third day is paid for.

Going the single day method, Disney would lose out on that third day.
    Wait... so you're saying that Disney basically offers multiday tickets in order to rip people off?

• Selfie Expert

I don't think Disney offers multiday tickets in hopes that a day doesn't get used. They do it as an incentive for customers to spend more time in the parks, which is where they really make their money (food and merchandise). Most people buy only the number of days they need, and I would think it's a pretty rare occasion that a day doesn't get used.

The multi-day ticket is supposed to be mutually beneficial: the customer gets a discount compared to buying daily, and Disneyland has one more customer in the park for that many more days.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I was just there the first week of December when they first decided to start checking ID's on anyone with a multi-day pass and it really slowed down the process of getting into the park. Mostly because nobody had their ID's out when they got to the turnstile so we had to wait for them to dig for it. This process doesn't seem that much better. Why can't they use the thumbprint method like they have in Florida. It is fast and you always have your thumb out and ready to go.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I'm not sure why they escalated this.. they were doing the ID check just last week just fine.

If Disney doesn't make it easy to change the name in the ticket - I don't know why they need photos beyond the IDs.

The ID check really didn't slow things down badly. The thing that holds up a line is setting up new tickets (entering names)
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I'm not sure why they escalated this.. they were doing the ID check just last week just fine.

If Disney doesn't make it easy to change the name in the ticket - I don't know why they need photos beyond the IDs.

The ID check really didn't slow things down badly. The thing that holds up a line is setting up new tickets (entering names)
    I read somewhere else that the ticket renters were finding ways to erase the names off the tickets and write in the new renters name. Also, lots of people were "forgetting" their IDs and "forgetting" what day they first used their tickets, and then were pitching fits at the gate. Pictures would help with both of those issues. Hopefully the picture-taking process can be streamlined.

• The Fantasyland guy

Is it just me, or does it seem like Disney is trying to find a way to solve the problem of ticket renting so they can bring back the 5+ Multi-day tickets? Obviously, with ID checks, they didn't feel comfortable in doing so. (People re-printing tickets on blank stock with new names to match the rented ticket holder's ID is what I heard from a CM)

get one picture on file, you can then treat the tickets as APs and allow extending of Multi-day tickets again.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Wait... so you're saying that Disney basically offers multiday tickets in order to rip people off?
    Not sure how you leapt to that conclusion. I was simply giving one scenario where Disney would lose out going to only single day tickets. Basically the multi-day ticket guarantees the person stays on property during their visit.

Another scenario would be when someone was planning on three days and decided on the third day they wanted to go to Universal instead. If they got the money for the tickets up front, Universal would not be an option because Disneyland was already paid for, whereas with only single day tickets they would lose the third day to a competitor.

And yes, I am saying it is a way for Disney to make sure they get people’s money for their entire visit.

Quote Originally Posted by SingingDrummer View Post
    Why can't they use the thumbprint method like they have in Florida. It is fast and you always have your thumb out and ready to go.
    Because the thumbprint readers in Florida suck and sometimes it can take forever to make the machine read your print and make it through the gate. As I explained in an earlier post, there were several occasions on my last trip where they just ended up waiving me in.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    It may be a way to speed up the entry process. It’s faster for the worker at the turnstile to glance at a photo and then glance at a person than it is to look at the name on the ticket and wait for the person to take out their ID and cross check the names.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I feel like Charlie Brown and want to say, "Arrrgghh"

Now we have to deal with long lines at the turnstiles? Will there be a fastpass line now to get into the parks? Why can't all this be taken care of at the ticket booths? You can't enter the park until you have an actual ticket and photo taken. Plus having your photo taken for a multi-day ticket seems a bit much for me. I understand what Disney is trying to do, but can't they wait to come up with a better plan. Maybe lower ticket prices?

Plus when I get my picture taken for my AP it takes at least a day to show up. I'm not sure if I'm going to Disneyland or through TSA with bag checks and showing ID. At this point can we just go back to ticket books?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Mom kissed Walt View Post
    Scalpers are indeed shady and I think Disneyland should do what they can to limit it, but for goodness sakes people, we do not live in a police state (or at least I hope we don't) and if it's not illegal, saying it should be punished to the fullest extent of the law is just... Silly.
    Thank you.

• DLR Softie

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMe View Post
    I read somewhere else that the ticket renters were finding ways to erase the names off the tickets and write in the new renters name.
    Since Disney has already moved forward, what was happening was the rental agencies were having the customer sign the tickets at their office upon pick-up, using erasable ink..
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

• Banned User

I thinks it's a positive move.

I dont think this problem has not been caused by the occasional, "dude, you can use my third day" type of hand off. I'm guessing it's due to the folks who buy multiple-day tickets just rent them out for profit.

• Mischievous Mouse

Good for them.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by HM 339 View Post
    Since Disney has already moved forward, what was happening was the rental agencies were having the customer sign the tickets at their office upon pick-up, using erasable ink..
    Not sure why Disney just didn't make any tickets it didn't print treated as 'vouchers' that were replaced with a computer printed ticket on first use.

That's what they do with etickets and most pre-paid tickets. Simply checking the name stored in the computer instead of on the ticket would solve things too.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

While I would not buy Disneyland tickets from someone I don't know....I know my dad has gotten tickets for baseball games from people selling tickets they got....I really don't see the problem with it as long as Disney got the money for the tickets and...well who the heck does not buy something in the parks

The rides are going to run whether or the 100 people a day come in with these tickets....most people buy there tickets from Disney the problem really is not as big as people make it out to be

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast