Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

• Greetings, Program!

Re: Guests with multi-day tickets now photographed to curb 'renting'

I'm fine with them doing what they can to put a stop to shady activities, but the idea of slowing down the main ticket lines to take a pic of all these people (on high capacity days anyway) has me scratching my head a little. Would it not make more sense to have separate turnstiles for the multi-day users with cameras affixed to them and just have some regular entrances set up for everyone else?

For instance, the exit turnstiles near the newsstand that I barely ever see used. Use those as the exits for the day and use the current exit turnstiles as the Multi-day pass entrance(s). That will leave the regularly used entrances relatively free-flowing.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    I thinks it's a positive move.

I dont think this problem has not been caused by the occasional, "dude, you can use my third day" type of hand off. I'm guessing it's due to the folks who buy multiple-day tickets just rent them out for profit.
    yes.. AKA ticket renters. i just feel sad for the families that do purchase from the ticket renters thinking they are getting a good deal, and i am sure they are, but then they get to the park with their tickets that are half used and have to be turned away from their glorious fun day at Disneyland..i can see how bummed kids and their parents must feel.

• Team Hail HYDRA

i wonder if they will still does this in the future when they can take your thumbprint and use RFID

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Sock Puppet

i think they should scan our eyeballs also just kidding

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    .I really don't see the problem with it as long as Disney got the money for the tickets and...well who the heck does not buy something in the parks
    The problem is the tickets are discounted based on a single user buying volume - not simply buying volume. You'd see a problem with this if Disney STOPPED giving customers discounts because of it.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

They were taking pictures of multi-day pass buyers at WDW back in 1994 when I went there. I remember they even printed my photo on my pass (it was kinda nice, too, made for a more personalized souvenir). This is really nothing new at all.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I'm not surprised...

This reminds me of.....

On New Year's Day I took my boy to Gamestop to trade in some games and get him a new one. I hadn't traded in a game in a few months but apparently, Gamestop is now requiring thumb prints when trading in games. I was a little apprehensive because I didn't like getting my thumb print taken, just felt weird like I was being booked for something.

Same with the taken of photos. I know alot people are gonna go "WTF?" but its a way to weed out the criminals or at least make it harder for them for a little while, until they figure a way around it.
    The thumb Print is being required by the state, basically the same requirements they place upon Pawn shops are being sent to anyone who takes things in trade, in case the items are stolen. The spark is being driven by copper thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by elsa View Post
    I hope they improve the photo taking process then, since I had my photo updated for my AP months ago and it still has not yet popped up. And my friend has taken her AP photo three times, and it has yet to pop up in over a month. She still has to pull out her photo id every time.
    That's weird, when I had mine, I handed it to a Photopass, had the photo taken, and by the next time I entered... about 3 hours later it was in the system.

Were you using the online upload?

To make it quicker, they probably should, like the AP put a photopass code on it, and have a gaggle of Photopass people out front with some basic cameras with eye-fi cards (allowing uploads). take the pictures and stamp the cards... if it's the first scan they go right in, but on the second day the picture should be in the system, if not, have them yank the id out.

They could also have a camera operator at each turnstile... and pull them aside really quick to take the photo... basically they can make this go fairly smoothly.

They could put camera on the turnstiles (think Costco) but that could slow it down...

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Because the thumbprint readers in Florida suck and sometimes it can take forever to make the machine read your print and make it through the gate. As I explained in an earlier post, there were several occasions on my last trip where they just ended up waiving me in.
    Of all the times I have been to Disney World I have never had a problem with the bio-metric system or seen any lines backed up at the turnstile. The only problems we ever had was when my wife forgot which finger she used on the first entry.

• socal native

Quote Originally Posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
    That's weird, when I had mine, I handed it to a Photopass, had the photo taken, and by the next time I entered... about 3 hours later it was in the system.

Were you using the online upload?
    No, we used a photopass photographer in DCA. Our old ones show up, but they are a bit dated, so we were taking new ones. This was months ago, and since it hasn't been to big of a problem, we have just let it slide.

My friend, on the other hand, has been into the Photo Shop (Elysian Arcade) in DCA three times now, and they still haven't gotten her picture up in the system. She just got her pass last month and we have been with her each of the three times she has gone to have her picture taken. As of last weekend, she was not in the system. She still has to pull out her photo id each time we go through the turnstiles, and the poor CM has to override the system to let her in.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by SingingDrummer View Post
    Of all the times I have been to Disney World I have never had a problem with the bio-metric system or seen any lines backed up at the turnstile
    Credibility just went to zero...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• -

Quote Originally Posted by SingingDrummer View Post
    Of all the times I have been to Disney World I have never had a problem with the bio-metric system or seen any lines backed up at the turnstile. The only problems we ever had was when my wife forgot which finger she used on the first entry.
    At first I thought it may have just been a bad machine, but then it happened at a couple parks and on a couple of different machines. They really need to either get better equipment, or perhaps clean the ones they have so they can take a better reading.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Good! I'm glad Disney is finally cracking down on this.

It might not be against the law for California, but it is against Disney's policy. You agree to the terms of a contract when you purchase those tickets.

• Banned User

Are they taking photos at the turnstiles or at the tix booths?

• I'm wishing

I heard from a friend that the AP's at SeaWorld use the fingerprint scan and it seems to be a problem much of the time, even worse than at WDW, they often end up just waiving you through.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast