Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Lightbulb Guests with multi-day tickets now photographed to curb 'renting'

L.A. Times is reporting guests (including children) with multi-day tickets are now being photographed at the turnstile on first use and will be compared each time it's used. If the guest and the photo don't match, the guest will not be admitted.

Disneyland takes photos of guests to crack down on ticket abuse - latimes.com

Workers at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park took photos of visitors entering the parks Tuesday as part of a new effort to crack down on abuse of multi-day tickets.The process of photographing guests--including children--delayed visitors getting into the park by about 45 minutes, according to park-goers.
    "They delayed literally thousands of people in line to do this process," said Bob Shoberg, a San Jose resident who visited Disneyland with his wife, daughters, in-laws and grandchildren.
    Disneyland officials denied that guests suffered significant delays.
    Disney has long struggled to stop several businesses in Anaheim that buy multi-day park passes and then "lease" or "rent" the passes to visitors for individual days.
    The scenario works like this: Ticket brokers might, for example, buy a three-day "park hopper" pass for $205 and rent the ticket to guests for $85 a day. The seller makes a profit of $50 and the guests, who would otherwise pay $125 for a one-day "park hopper" ticket, saves $40.
    Disneyland policy prohibits visitors from sharing multi-day passes but the practice does not violate local laws.
    To put a stop to the practice, Disneyland workers began Tuesday to photograph visitors who are using a multi-day pass for the first time, said park spokeswoman Suzi Brown.
    When the pass is used a second time, Disneyland workers at the park turnstiles will see a photo of the guest pop up on a screen, she said. If the person at the turnstile is not the person shown on the photo, Brown said the guest won't be allowed to use the ticket.
    The photo process involved a "very small percentage of guests" and did not cause a significant delay, she said.

• -

Re: Guests with multi-day tickets now photographed to curb 'renting'

Good news. It's nice to hear that Disney is cracking down on people trying to scam the system.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I'm not surprised...

This reminds me of.....

On New Year's Day I took my boy to Gamestop to trade in some games and get him a new one. I hadn't traded in a game in a few months but apparently, Gamestop is now requiring thumb prints when trading in games. I was a little apprehensive because I didn't like getting my thumb print taken, just felt weird like I was being booked for something.

Same with the taken of photos. I know alot people are gonna go "WTF?" but its a way to weed out the criminals or at least make it harder for them for a little while, until they figure a way around it.

• Banned User

The thumb printing helps if something is reported stolen I suppose.

its a great move for Disney. Our AP's produce our photo when we enter.

especially when the stock has dipped and the company is considering lay offs. May not be directed at the parks as much as it is the studio itself. (Buying billions of $'s worth of properties will have an effect...)
    but, if this saves the park from losing $, great.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    but its a way to weed out the criminals or at least make it harder for them for a little while, until they figure a way around it.
    If you had read all of the post you would have seen that it is not against the law to resell tickets, thus they are not criminals.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• -

Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post
    If you had read all of the post you would have seen that it is not against the law to resell tickets, thus they are not criminals.
    Regardless, it is against Disney policy as these tickets are non-transferrable. While it is not criminal, they are in violation of the agreement they made with Disney when they purchased the tickets.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Regardless, it is against Disney policy as these tickets are non-transferrable. While it is not criminal, they are in violation of the agreement they made with Disney when they purchased the tickets.
    Thanks Calsig. I guess I will admit I was using the term "criminal" loosely....because it seems "criminal" to me. And its "criminal" enough to Disney to have to implement the use of photo taking.

And I can't stand when I'm told to re-read something or accused of not reading it all....I can read very well thank you.
    Last edited by clara; 01-08-2013 at 01:57 PM.

• socal native

I hope they improve the photo taking process then, since I had my photo updated for my AP months ago and it still has not yet popped up. And my friend has taken her AP photo three times, and it has yet to pop up in over a month. She still has to pull out her photo id every time.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

My thoughts - what a headache.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    My thoughts - what a headache.
    Unfortunately a few bad apples will spoil it for everyone else. Look at all the hassle just to get on a plane.

•   
    • Minion

It strikes me as being a little BIg Brother-ish, but it's absolutely necessary, and I understand it. There are just too many instances where the multi-day passes are resold and abused.

This seems as though it would solve the issue of guests not having ID (ie, kids) and it also seems as though it would help a lot in the event of a lost or stolen ticket.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    it would help a lot in the event of a lost or stolen ticket.
    Or a lost child as the park would have a picture of the kid on file.

• The doctor is in

I don't like this, personally. They should just make all tickets be available on a will call basis and print your photo on the passes instead of having a photo pop up on a screen.

• Sock Puppet

good! i think also singing the ticket and showing id would work too, if the name on ticket doesn't match the name on the ID or drivers license then no entry!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by tahoebob54 View Post
    ^
    it should be against the law, it's against Disney policy. And therefore families that rent the ticket are not going to get allowed in to the park.so to me that's sad, and those ticket business should be put out of business and shut down, it should be considered a crime and against the law. ..Reselling of Disneyland tickets an passes should be prohibited and prohibited means forbidden by law, a group,authority or person.

and btw on micechat we do not condone buying tickets from those people
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 01-08-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast