Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Hot FIRE!

Re: Space Mountain is sadly falling apart

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I don't like that there is so much gum in the outdoor queue. It is absolutly disgusting. And Walt Disney didn't want gum in his park that can easily littered.
    good sir when I walk that track after closing for lost and found, there's too much gum that has been spat all over the catwalks. it's angers me when I see daily from the monitors people spitting out their gum wads on the lift hills. I'll never get over it.

...As I see it

Quote Originally Posted by truelandshark View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're planning a refurb. I went last Thursday and our rocket squeaked so loud that a little kid in the back thought the ride was falling apart. And the blue tunnel had like 10 working bulbs. The red lines in the second lift had a malfunction where they remained still. Our sound went out in the middle of the ride. The projection at the end of the second lift was just a flashlight revealing the structure used for the dome. And last of all, the queue line and the SS77 rocket were SO DIRTY. You could see the layer of dirt on top and there were even FOOTPRINTS! The good thing is the cut in the wall around where the viewing window used to be was filled in and repainted. I didn't enjoy it as much my last visit.
    When are there planning a rehab?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by truelandshark View Post
    The projection at the end of the second lift was just a flashlight revealing the structure used for the dome.
    Was a worker standing there holding the flashlight or was it duct taped to the wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post
    good sir when I walk that track after closing for lost and found, there's too much gum that has been spat all over the catwalks. it's angers me when I see daily from the monitors people spitting out their gum wads on the lift hills. I'll never get over it.
    I guess these low-lifes have never heard of a trash can.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Mrs. J. Depp

Does anyone here miss the old queue where you could see the vehicles zoom by? And AC Slater was on the tv screens with all those corny but awesome space commercials? Sorry but I'm definitely one for nostalgia.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I've experienced plenty of gum wads in the queue (thank goodness I carry hand sanitizer with me everywhere I go), but people seriously spit it out ON the ride?! That is beyond reprehensible and disgusting.

I haven't been on Space Mountain in a while. Sad to hear this.

On a side note, I used to love when the PeopleMover went by the ride and you could see the rockets zoom by. It was enhanced by the extreme darkness and the verbal warning to keep your hands inside the vehicle. Like there was eminent danger ahead. Sadly, it is just a small part of DL gone.

I have to say I didn't notice any of this the last couple times I went. The only thing was possibly some of the blue lights being burnt out. The galaxy projection problem someone mentioned was probably just a problem with the the video unit, like it had to be reset or something. I don't think it needs a refurb, just replace the lights during the night and clean that place.

• Circle of Ancients

The fact is, the ride hasn't had a lengthy refurb since it reopened almost 8 years ago. Apparently Disney hasn't learned from even their most recent history.

Hopefully it will be next on the "Mountain Refurb" list as Splash Mtn, Matterhorn and now Big Thunder have all had extensive rehabs the last 3 years. But sadly, that means that it will be at least another year before it happens.

• Hello Dolly.

If this means that SM is being run because they plan to fix it up during an awesome construction of a new TL, then I can put up with it another year.

The queue is in bad shape but only if you look for it. Most guest just walk by those hallways, then you have those disrespectful ones who see flat walls and close lights & vandalize them.

I really hope they do fix it up though. I still love the ride, but it's Space Mountain they can do so much more than just stars everywhere, like that space-style ride in Universal Studios Japan which looks awesome.

• Sock Puppet

For being the most stressful attraction to opperate you'd think Disney would at least pay a little more attention to it but sadly they do not. Iv'e always thought that the stars look bland and perhaps it would be better if they had no projections at all, and if your not going to make any use of the asteroid just remove it. I welcomed the 2005 refurb but am now falling back on the old saying "if it aint broke, dont fix it"

• Johnny and Me!

Here are some pics that I took recently. Dead monitor in the queue:

Dirty, dusty spaceship:

Burnt out ceiling lights (look in the top right corner):

Burnt out space window:

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Pretty sure the tv has been out for 6+ months, sad.

• We Go On.

Not to mention the 80% burnt out strobe tunnel.

• New Mommy

People caught spitting gum out on the rides should be kicked out of the park. A complete lack of respect and a possible safety issue (if it gets on the track?) should be enough to lose your admission for the day, or at the very least a very stern talk from security.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

Space is a mess and really all of Tomorrowland is one big mess. I posted this in another thread but a couple of weeks ago, I noticed the "N" in the the neon "TOMORROWLAND" sign was definitely burnt out. Not only Space, but really all of Tomorrowland needs to be shut down and reborn. The only exception I can think of is Star Tours.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast