Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sad Space Mountain is sadly falling apart

This may be a little late, but when I visited Disneyland on Thanksgiving, at night the exterior was pitch black, inside the queue the space station 77 sign was not lit anymore. Including signs with the stars no longer lit with only a few working signs. Inside the blue hallway two of the tv's not working anymore. The loading station was dirty and some of the blue cool lighting was burnt out. The rocket hanging above lightbulbs are wearing out, along with dust on it. The ride audio system volume is turned down or fading, the Cosmo exploding projection on the tunnel is not working. The stars looks like crap, I seem better projection at my local planetarium. They were projection unevenly, I can see the stars on my fingers. The meteor of course is not working. The exit of the ride the signs are not lit. this is sad that Disney has not paid any attention to these problems at all. It's ruins the experience. PS I do not have any pictures.

• We Go On.

Re: Space Mountain is sadly falling apart

Interesting you should mention this. I visited Space Mountain the day before yesterday, and though I wouldn't say it's falling apart, it's certainly missing several things. Here's my post from the Project Tracker:

-You may be surprised that Space Mountain has lost some effects since its re-launch in 2005, and I'm not just talking about the huge spinning asteroid that replaced the red-orange geosphere. They're mostly minor things like sound effects that I haven't heard since Rockin' Space Mountain (barf), but one thing that disappointed me was the strobe tunnel having so many lights out it barely even flickers anymore.

• Under that tree again!

Tommorowland is getting neglected because it's next inline for an overhaul.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

thats sad that this ride is seeing alot of damage over the last 8 years..maybe this ride is the next for a big refurb soon?

• Johnny and Me!

The worst part has to be the blue lights on the second lift hill. At least 75% of them were burned out on my last visit. The effect looked awful.

• Banned User

I haven't noticed these, but I have noticed all the dust/dirt on the floor of the halls inside. There's a pretty thick layer of it too. It's disgusting.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Space Mountain has been in bad shape for the last 3 years, it needs a refurbishment pretty badly. The cleanliness issues are inexcusable though.

• Inappropriate

What really irritates me is it sounds like all these issues could easily be fixed over a 2 day refurb. Clean everything up, replace the burned out bulbs, boom done.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Banned User

I think it's safe to say Space Mountain has by far the most disappointing line design in the park. Aside from how claustrophobic it is, it does nothing to gear you up for a thrill ride.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    thats sad that this ride is seeing alot of damage over the last 8 years..maybe this ride is the next for a big refurb soon?
    I hope so. I have a special place in my heart for Space Mountain...
    For the love of Disney....

also some of the ride vehicles have really squeeky wheels. it's SO loud on some of them

what they need to fix is the line. If you dont have a fast pass you are standing outside for about an hour while the guy waits for fast pass people to walk up and when you go inside you walk all the way to the loading area, makes no sense to me.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I think it's safe to say Space Mountain has by far the most disappointing line design in the park. Aside from how claustrophobic it is, it does nothing to gear you up for a thrill ride.
    I agree. I don't remember being as excited as I was when I was younger actually waiting in the indoor portion of the queue watching the jets zip by through the windows. Now before I ride in standby I want to take a nap then "oh look we are almost on this coaster."

• -

I agree, it is in bad shape. The last time I rode this, it was pitch black for the entire ride like Disney didn't pay their electric bill.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I agree, it is in bad shape. The last time I rode this, it was pitch black for the entire ride like Disney didn't pay their electric bill.
    Can we now say its a roller coaster in the dark?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast