Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: Michael Colglazier new President of Disneyland. Kalogridis moves to WDW

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    KalogridisMagic!

So disappointed to hear this news, I was hoping it wasn't going to happen. Hopefully with Lassester and Iger nearby not a lot will not change.
    Us, WDW Fans have been waiting for this for a while. It's a shame for DLR but it is somewhat a relief for WDW considering the incompetent WDW management of the last decade, Mary Niven should be DLR President.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Us, WDW Fans have been waiting for this for a while. It's a shame for DLR but it is somewhat a relief for WDW considering the incompetent WDW management of the last decade, Mary Niven should be DLR President.
    It's good that they are bringing the incompetent ones to our Coast now haha.

Time to sit back and see what happens..

• Seasick

I'm optimistic that George moving to Florida will be good for a resort that is feeling more and more stale and dated as time goes on, while the local competition leaves them in the dust.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Here's my 2 cents

He's gonna be Meg Crofton's DLR toady, no good will come from his 3 year stewardship of the resort.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I'm not sad to see George go. Wonder what perks he'll take away from WDW Cast Members (which doesn't seem to be a whole lot to begin with).
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Inappropriate

How do I pronounce these last names?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• formerly very helpful

Colglazier will be coming into a situation where Disneyland/DCA just had a huge growth these past couple of years, and has unprecedented success in bringing people into thepark. He has a lot to live up to, and he won't be able to make a move without it being scrutinized by the highest ups. Hopefully some good can come from this.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I wish George the best of luck. He's got his work cut out for him turning that place around. But if he can then I see a bright future for Walt Disney World.

Micheal Colglazier on the other hand I'm not so sure about. Disney's Animal Kingdom has a number of issues right now. The Everest and Dinosaur problems have been well documented. The Parks only Parade has been going just as long as Celebrate A Dream Come True. Are these not things he should have been pushing to see change during his time at Animal Kingdom.

• Closed Account

Did Iger punish Anaheim w/ Pressler 2.0??

• Sock Puppet

Yuck.

The chicken little, sky is falling overreactions here are ridiculous. George came from WDW...did he suck, not really. Keep in mind he inherited Cars Land and Star Tours 2.0 did he truly do much else. Some people might even say that he allowed Candlelight to get screwed up (not me, others), took away CM perks like the Christmas party and that if we get a hard ticket for Christmas next year that that's on him. I think what people liked about George was he was personable and visible with the fan community. Give the new guy a chance before you throw away your AP's or proclaim the demise of Disneyland. Ugh, so frustrating.

Animal Kingdom, Avatarland, manager of Innoventions, etc., etc. It just gets worse and worse the more I read...

What was George's bio like before becoming president of Disneyland? Yes, he came from WDW, but was his background just as "meh" as Cloglazier's?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I don't think anyone is proclaiming that the sky is falling, which appears to be a regular response from some now days when people voice concern, hmm. Anyway all anyone is doing is commenting on Michael's previous record and experience. And since Animal Kingdom is falling apart that has to reflect badly on him!

• Insomniac

I don't think George was that great personally... But for every problem George didn't address at Disneyland (Tomorrowland sucks even more since he got here, parking is still a joke, Paradise Pier Hotel is still ugly, prices have skyrocketed, etc.), Animal Kingdom (one single park) has just as many that haven't been solved. The yeti still doesn't move, the park still has few rides, the park still lacks a relevant parade, Dinoland is still awful, the boat ride's docks are still empty,etc. but he gets a promotion for it? I don't think either of them have maximized the potential of their previous appointments by any means. George also complied to the idea of canceling CM benefits, which is inexcusable and I'm pretty sure another TDO buddy isn't going to do any different. Not worried, because I don't think he'll do worse, just not better than George.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Before George Kalogridis, there was Ed Grier. What a budget cutting nightmare he was! But they canned him quick and replacing him with George K. was their way of doing it right. And boy did he make some awesome changes.
    As for the new guy? Hmm? For those who think Animal Kingdom is a terd of a park, you would have to blame the President of AK for that. Let's face it, a Vice President doesn't really do anything (or ruin anything).
    But I'm hoping that Disneyland's location, just down the road from Walt Disney Studios, will keep running smoothly because the big wigs up there...and that includes John Lassiter...would never let Walt's place fall apart.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast