Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Re: Michael Colglazier new President of Disneyland. Kalogridis moves to WDW

Matt Ouimet needs to come back to Disney! I see he is now on his third job since leaving Disneyland. He is now back in the theme park industry so maybe he really will come back to Disney. One can only hope!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

why....why..why just why

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Another WDW corporate yes man, who just stood by and watch Animal Kingdom and it's icon literally fall apart. With the history of this guy, and knowing the history of Meg letting WDW become stagnant and rot, this pair can only be compared to that other infamous duo from over a decade ago by the names of Paul and Cynthia.

This is just sad news . . . . .

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Another WDW corporate yes man, who just stood by and watch Animal Kingdom and it's icon literally fall apart. With the history of this guy, and knowing the history of Meg letting WDW become stagnant and rot, this pair can only be compared to that other infamous duo from over a decade ago by the names of Paul and Cynthia.

This is just sad news . . . . .
    I agree but I feel that Colglazier would have to work overtime to screw things up royally for that type of situation to arise again. DLR is in pretty good shape now. In other words, Things might not get better but I wouldn't expect them to get worse just yet.

• Senior Minion

What Colglazier does at (and to) Disneyland depends on what marching orders come down from the top. Remember, Pressler got the job because his management of Disney Stores was a perfect fit with Eisner's vision for how Disneyland should be run, and because he proved he could fulfill Eisner's mandate for double-digit-Disneyland-profits-no-matter-what. In the fans' view, Pressler was a disaster, but in Disney's view he was brilliant -- so much so that for a time he was touted in-house as Eisner's possible successor.

Like the rest of upper management at Disney's various divisions, Colglazier was promoted for his skill set and his proven ability to execute the Company's vision -- not to lead any personal campaign for quality.

Remember, too, that his boss is Eisner's longtime Chief Financial Officer, Tom Staggs -- who was promoted to president of Disney Parks by Eisner's longtime lieutenant, Bob Iger.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 01-11-2013 at 11:53 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Mr. Colglazier is already touring the resort. I do believe I saw him this afternoon walking through the GCH around 3PM. It was only him and one other executive. Name tag said Michael and it certainly looked like him. Was hoping he'd be mingling inside 1901 tonight; no such luck!

I wish him the best!

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    What Colglazier does at (and to) Disneyland depends on what marching orders come down from the top. Remember, Pressler got the job because his management of Disney Stores was a perfect fit with Eisner's vision for how Disneyland should be run, and because he proved he could fulfill Eisner's mandate for double-digit-Disneyland-profits-no-matter-what. In the fans' view, Pressler was a disaster, but in Disney's view he was brilliant -- so much so that for a time he was touted in-house as Eisner's possible successor.

Like the rest of upper management at Disney's various divisions, Colglazier was promoted for his skill set and his proven ability to execute the Company's vision -- not to lead any personal campaign for quality.

Remember, too, that his boss is Eisner's longtime Chief Financial Officer, Tom Staggs -- who was promoted to president of Disney Parks by Eisner's longtime lieutenant, Bob Iger.
    My thoughts exactly.

Typically, a company the size of Disney doesn't want smart people in management. They want people who will do exactly as they're told, and never ever even think about questioning any decision made higher up the ladder.

In other words, a well-trained corporate minion, not an independent thinker.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Typically, a company the size of Disney doesn't want smart people in management. They want people who will do exactly as they're told, and never ever even think about questioning any decision made higher up the ladder.

In other words, a well-trained corporate minion, not an independent thinker.
    In still other words, not me. I suck at corporate groupthink.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    In still other words, not me. I suck at corporate groupthink.
    Yep....know the feeling....

Lol.

• Banned User

I don't know why you people are crying. The President of Disneyland doesn't have any real power or executive authority. They are all Yes men despite the different spins Lutz gives (He praises George K. because George K. used a 3rd party channel to leak him information for his articles whereas Grier completely ignored him). Some may be more enthusiastic or outgoing than others but at the end of the day they are just corporate soldiers running the day to day that get there orders from up top.

• Banned User

Former Imagineer Eddie Sotto said this on Thursday -

I read today on Miceage that Michael Colglaser is coming to Disneyland. I know Mike well and really respect him. He hired my company to do creative research and development for him at Walt Disney World a few years ago. He was very sensitive to the brand and really wanted to do the right thing creatively. He is a very approachable person and I think that most fans will find him agreeable. I for one am thrilled to have him on my coast so I can go say hi to him. George was also very nice and I wish him all the best in his new position.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Former Imagineer Eddie Sotto said this on Thursday -

I read today on Miceage that Michael Colglaser is coming to Disneyland. I know Mike well and really respect him. He hired my company to do creative research and development for him at Walt Disney World a few years ago. He was very sensitive to the brand and really wanted to do the right thing creatively. He is a very approachable person and I think that most fans will find him agreeable. I for one am thrilled to have him on my coast so I can go say hi to him. George was also very nice and I wish him all the best in his new position.
    Once again, I say we give him a chance. For all we know, he might be another Matt Ouimet.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• former CM

So who will be the better resort leader, Michael C. at the Disneyland Resort
    or George K. at Walt Disney World?
    Make your predictions here:

George K at WDW vs. Michael C at D Land Resort LEADER SCORECARD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345