Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Disney's MagicBand wrist band to replace paper tickets

I just saw this on ABC News

Disney's Rumored MagicBand a Go - Yahoo!

Name:  ht_magic_band_1_jef_130108_wmain.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  24.8 KB

An official announcement confirming the band was made Monday on the Disney Parks blog. A Disney spokesperson told ABC News the bands would be rolling out this year over the next several months.
    Worn on the wrist, the "MagicBand" will serve as a guest's room key, theme park ticket, access to FastPass+ selections, PhotoPass card and optional payment account all rolled into one.
    Here is the link to the Disney Parks Blog that the article mentions:

Taking the Disney Guest Experience to the Next Level

I see also Al mentioned this change in his latest article. So this wrist band thing is not for AP's correct? Just for actual ticket holders?

P.S. Since this is news that is for all parks...if a mod feels the need to move this thread elsewhere, please feel free
    Ah crud...and I see it's also in the Walt Disney World Forum: Mymagic+ is here!
    So merge if you like...sorry I didn't see that before.
    Last edited by clara; 01-09-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: adding a link

• Inappropriate

Re: Disney's MagicBand wrist band to replace paper tickets

My very first initial reaction was "I'm fine with this." Then I thought about it for a few minutes and read a few things. Besides the weird wrist tan line everyone will have, I'm still fine with this.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• -

It would be great if they offered it to passholders as well.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

You will hear mention of "police state" and "big brother". But... It's a wonderful system for the resort. I'm guessing its for those who are staying at the hotels only, room & resort options. Now, as far as a lost band being used by a thief ... I might be concerned.

I'm okay with the actual wristband since from the photo it looks like something you can take off. I'd probably keep it in my pocket since I hate wearing things on my wrist, but I'm pretty sure the general public will like it and it might even speed up lines a little. I'm still waiting for more detail on FastPass+ before I make a decision on that.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    You will hear mention of "police state" and "big brother". But... It's a wonderful system for the resort. I'm guessing its for those who are staying at the hotels only, room & resort options. Now, as far as a lost band being used by a thief ... I might be concerned.

police state

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    I wonder what the policy is for lost bands. I'm sure it will happen alot. Unless they are those clip ones that you can't take off unless with scissors, like they give at concerts and such.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I wonder what the policy is for lost bands. I'm sure it will happen alot. Unless they are those clip ones that you can't take off unless with scissors, like they give at concerts and such.
    Why would it be different than the policy for lost rooms keys or tickets?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Banned User

Will it include a photo like an AP entry?

• The doctor is in

At first I was like, well this is cool. After re-reading I don't really like it. I can understand using a bracelet like this for park admission and the FP system, but extending it for hotel keys and optional payment makes me a little uncomfortable.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Among mad people

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    IMO, that would be horrible for resort guests with multi-day hoppers. I know I would hate to go to sleep with that thing stuck on me.

• California Adventurer...

If it works for AP's I would actually really like this... I could preset the bracelet with a certain amount of money before leaving and than I would never go over! A lot of people are worried about entering credit card information but from what I've read it still requires a pin # to make transactions. And what's the difference between entering your credit card info on an online shop and entering it into a wristband thats ON your wrist? It's just as safe, if not safer.

And anyone else worried about it tracking your information should already be alerted that almost everything you do on the internet is already tracked by all of the major corporations to try to market products to you (Disney, Facebook, Google etc.)

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    At first I was like, well this is cool. After re-reading I don't really like it. I can understand using a bracelet like this for park admission and the FP system, but extending it for hotel keys and optional payment makes me a little uncomfortable.
    The hotel key thing doesn't bother me. Just like the keys they have now, they would be no good unless you knew what room they belonged to. I'm happy the payment thing is optional. I don't think I would want that unless you were provided a PIN number to accompany it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The hotel key thing doesn't bother me. Just like the keys they have now, they would be no good unless you knew what room they belonged to. I'm happy the payment thing is optional. I don't think I would want that unless you were provided a PIN number to accompany it.
    I would much rather just carry my credit card around and use that rather than giving them my information and letting them link it to an electronic bracelet.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I would much rather just carry my credit card around and use that rather than giving them my information and letting them link it to an electronic bracelet.
    That's why it's optional.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast