Do the standard view rooms at the Grand Californian hotel have balconies?

Hi, new here.

I am trying to plan a trip to Disneyland and I was wondering, do the standard view rooms at the Grand Californian hotel have balconies? I have found a picture of a courtyard view room and can see that that does, but can't find any of a standard view room. I wondered if that was why they have the day bed, as there is no balcony so more room to fit it in.

Sorry if this seems a silly question, but I would like to know.

Thank you.

• B.T.

Re: Do the standard view rooms at the Grand Californian hotel have balconies?

Quote Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
    Hi, new here.

I am trying to plan a trip to Disneyland and I was wondering, do the standard view rooms at the Grand Californian hotel have balconies? I have found a picture of a courtyard view room and can see that that does, but can't find any of a standard view room. I wondered if that was why they have the day bed, as there is no balcony so more room to fit it in.

Sorry if this seems a silly question, but I would like to know.

Thank you.
    Some do and some don't. Every time we have stayed there we got one; however, we got connecting rooms once and one had one and one did not.

• socal native

Every time we have had a standard view room at GCH we have had a balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by elsa View Post
    Every time we have had a standard view room at GCH we have had a balcony.
    The only times we *haven't* had a balcony at the GCH was when our room wasn't a standard view room. If you request a room over the hotel check-in area, facing the DLH you will get a balcony.

]

I had a standard view room on my most recent trip (December 2012) and it did not have a balcony. It was similar to the old Disneyland Hotel rooms where you had a sliding glass door and a railing just outside of it, but no actual balcony to stand on.

My standard view room was facing Disneyland Drive and the other DLR hotels, almost directly above the monorail tracks.

When you check in, ask if there are any free upgrades available. If you go during a somewhat off peak time, you may get bumped up to courtyard.We got upgraded several times. You can also request a different room if ones available and you dont like what they gave you. We did that in Sept when they put us near the opening between two buildings so that we heard the noise from Downtown Disney. I complained about the constant music and drums, they told me it would go on until 10pm. I told them that was unacceptible and they moved us to a much quieter location, even though we had unpacked in two joining rooms and been there for several hours.