Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• will-o-the-whip

Re: The Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue kicks off today at Disneyland

Great! Just wish it were a bit longer with a comedy skit a la Boag.
    I really hope Disney makes it permanent (maybe two different shows that alternate all day).
    This is exactly the type of show the Theater needs.

• Workin to live,lovin life

Does anyone know what the AP show has over the regular show? I mean other than getting a CD, the boot collectible, and a limited menu from the original show? 20 minutes seems a little brief, but I hope it'll be awesome when I go later this month!

• Disneyland PAP

^

Here you go. I was wanting to know myself, and this morning, I finally found this link showing photos of the boot, food and CD.

The Golden Horseshoe: Magically Back for a Limited Time (Salute to All Things Disney but Mostly Disneyland)

I got really excited when I learned the details of the CD, I'm a CD music junkie! But then I thought about it and realized it might be the same recording that's on The Musical History of Disneyland 5-disc set which I already have. Still it'd be swell to have this unique edition, especially in what looks like a mini record album sleeve rather than inside a jewel case.

• All-American

So this is only for the one month? My family and I will be in Disneyland this June, so no hopes of seeing it then?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    So this is only for the one month? My family and I will be in Disneyland this June, so no hopes of seeing it then?
    Sorry, one month only as part of Limited Time Magic. Such a shame too, because Disneyland, and for that matter Walt Disney World, need more shows like this instead of investing in NextGen. Sigh.

Saw the show last night and it was fun, but extremely short. I'm at a total loss as to why they did a "salute" rather than the real show. Could it have cost that much more? There's certainly enough videos available to recreate it. The food was very good, the service prompt - didn't particularly like being cramped into a 4-top with another couple (upstairs), but I dealt. The cake at the end was FANTASTIC. The plastic boot was nice, until I watched an opportunist in a Buzz Lightyear sweatshirt grab all the ones left on tables by other guests. Hope he gets -0- for them on ebay. The CD says c. 2003 on the back and I feel like it was sold at New Century Music at about that time along with some other re-created album cover CDs.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    Saw the show last night and it was fun, but extremely short. I'm at a total loss as to why they did a "salute" rather than the real show. Could it have cost that much more? There's certainly enough videos available to recreate it. The food was very good, the service prompt - didn't particularly like being cramped into a 4-top with another couple (upstairs), but I dealt. The cake at the end was FANTASTIC. The plastic boot was nice, until I watched an opportunist in a Buzz Lightyear sweatshirt grab all the ones left on tables by other guests. Hope he gets -0- for them on ebay. The CD says c. 2003 on the back and I feel like it was sold at New Century Music at about that time along with some other re-created album cover CDs.
    I had always feared yet expected that the show would be short. I've been going to see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies at the Golden Horseshoe for several years now, and maybe two or three years ago they had their half-hour show cut down to twenty minutes. I thought that was an odd measure of penny-pinching on Disney's part, but on the other hands, at least we still had the Billys there to perform rather than be cut altogether. So the similar run-time for this Tribute wasn't a surprise for me.

Regarding your boot story, I think you may have inadvertantly just given others here an idea.

And thanks for sharing your excitement about the cake. My friends and I were debating whether that cake should be eaten or saved in the freezer! LOL

•   
    • Minion

awe fishbulb hates me anyone else getting "this video is private" when trying to view it?

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    awe fishbulb hates me anyone else getting "this video is private" when trying to view it?
    Yeah I got it too but I don't think its "hate". Maybe just intense resentment.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Yeah I got it too but I don't think its "hate". Maybe just intense resentment.
    LOL you're probably right Oh but I didn't comment on the pictures those are great fishy!!!!!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I was able to view it the other day. Fishy I haven't done anything since then to you, have I?

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    . . . I rushed into the park about 1:40p and made a beeline for Frontierland via Adventureland and the Pioneer Merchantile. Got to the Golden Horseshoe and learned about the standby line to wait in in case seats opened up. Only took ten minutes before they let us into the GH. . . I'm kind of glad they didn't try to perform any of Wally Boag's stuff. The thing about having new performers perform classic comedy routines is that most often, it pales in comparison to those that made it classic. I know Wally Boag is well loved and admired, and what made his stuff great was Wally Boag performing it. . .
    I THINK I saw Wally Boag perform when I was younger. Although he may have been by far the funniest comedian whoever graced a Disney stage, I did see other in many Golden and Diamond Horseshoe Revue shows with comedians who were hilarious. The Billies Kurt Wall played the comedian in the GHR before Eisner closed it, and I'm certain he could make a Horseshoe Revue audience laugh outloud.

Disney should keep this going and never stop trying to improve it. And they should have some better entree & dessert options for the regular shows. I'd pay a little more for some excellent food since I'd enjoy an excellent and costly free show to go with it. This is the kind of show that would help make some guests feel that their costly admission ticket was a fair value.

Congrats to the Horseshoe CMs who got you (gone2Disneyland) in with just a ten-minute wait in the standby line. Along with the CMs who supervise the fast-moving FP distribution line for Radiator Springs Racers, there are some excellent CMs working in the parks these days.

Last edited by jcruise86; 01-13-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks for the pictures. I also think this show should be around longer than a month. I've never seen it and I'd like to.

The CD has a hilariously embarassing typo on the cover and the disc itself, spelling Revue "Review" instead. Was it like this on the original vinyl LP?
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    The plastic boot was nice, until I watched an opportunist in a Buzz Lightyear sweatshirt grab all the ones left on tables by other guests. Hope he gets -0- for them on ebay.
    Why does that bother you? If the guests didn't want them, they're free for the taking.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast