Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: The Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue kicks off today at Disneyland

Does anyone who's seen the AP show know if the show itself is different than the regular show? I saw the regular show last Friday and it was very entertaining.

After getting to the park at about 2 pm, I made a beeline for the GH to hopefully get a ticket to one of the two remaining (non-AP) shows. Funnily enough, they told me I could get a ticket for the 5:15 show, which was totally fine with me, but when I showed up at around 3:45 pm to get in line (yeah, I like to be at the front), I noticed they kept letting walk-ups into the building right until the 4 pm show started. According to the very nice CMs (except for one, who wears a suit and is a manager and whom a lot of people apparently don't like), the earlier shows typically have a good amount of standby space. And I agree the CMs did a great job getting us into the theater in a timely fashion. I even had time to order food and eat and throw away my trash before the show began.

Here are some of the things the CMs told me while waiting at the front of the line for about 45 minutes (FYI - I was the only one there with about 10 other people until about 15 minutes before our seating time):

-The later shows always have the largest audience
    -The ticket says you can line up 30 minutes before your showtime, but in reality, the CMs let you line up as soon as the previous show's line goes into the theater (And they recommend that you do that if you want your choice of seating)
    -The wheelchair folk are typically let in first (depending on who's working the door) and are seated along the house left side, in the center section, of the theater. The tables along the far left wall are still open for larger parties.
    -The menu was all especially made for this show, even the chili. I tried it and it's definitely got more of a kick than the regular chili. I was told the chicken wings are the best. Some argue the monte cristo bites are the best, but it depends on if you like to mix your fried ham and cheese with blackberry jelly or not.

The show itself is a lot of fun, though short. The lady who plays Ms. Lilly is really good! I am definitely planning to go back this weekend (and probably every weekend) while the show is running. I also hope the run gets extended, though I highly doubt it will happen.

Hey all. I went to Dland yesterday with a group of friends and we caught the 11:00 am showing of this. Pretty good show! I have to say I wish it had been a little longer, but it was very well done and worth catching a viewing. Additionally, I wound up being - how shall I say - Lily's guest of honor. Hahaha!! Hilarious! My wife was laughing so hard she almost fell over.

Good show!

• Of Two Minds, or More

I saw the AP show on Saturday and really enjoyed it. As many mentioned, it was lacking all the great comedy the original show had. I think the reason they didn't try to reproduce some of it for a limited time show, is that it would have taken a lot of rehearsal work to match the comedic timing of Wally & co. (Of course, I'm biased.)

I would love to see some version of this come back to the Golden Horseshoe. I really enjoyed LillyBelle and the dancers. It could use a rousing rendition of "Won't you come home Bill Bailey" and a good tenor piece, as well as a bit more humorous back and forth between the actors.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

For those who have been to the AP/'dinner' upcharge event, how is the seating handled? First come first serve or directed where to go, and is the balcony/upper level also open?
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

What......was there a statute of limitations from the lawsuit over this show? I was there for an audition in 1991 or so after a middle management person had an argument with the band members. He then told them he'd fix it so they all had to re-audition for their parts, which was kind of odd since this person alledgedly wasn't even attached at all to the music dept. Anyway...sure enough there was an audition. 35 drummers, 25 or so trumpet players all showed up, some of which had known the show and played it before. One of which was a seasoned Vegas trumpet player who drove from Vegas to the Santa Ana union hall to try out. None of us made it and shortly after this the lawsuit started and the show was shut down. On one hand I'm glad to see the show coming back,(as I myself would love to play in the band,heh) on the other Disney really goofed up on handling the musicians..........again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123