Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Thumbs up The Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue kicks off today at Disneyland

The Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue opened at Disneyland today. Reservations were being taken at opening of the park. Die hard fans and bloggers made a bee-line for the famous podium just outside the doors of the saloon.

Guests were asked to sign a waiver as there would be filming inside for the first performance.

Inside the saloon the mood was of eager anticipation and nostalgia as guests were invited indoors. Sharply dressed Cast Members invited the audience to order their food at the bar prior to showtime so that the presentation could get underway on time.

After a few minor delays, the show began. The performers gamely engaged the crowd and sang, "Hello Everybody"

There is, of course, no Slue Foot Sue. Instead we have a new, voluptuous proprietor, Lilly Belle.

Again, this isn't the original show, but a salute. While not a recreation, they really try to hit all of the right notes. Yes, along with the aforementioned opener they also sing "Belly Up to the Bar." We even get to see the Can Can!

They really seem intent on reminding guests of the nostalgia and historical nature of the performance. During one stretch of dialogue Lilly talked to the audience about Walt Disney himself, how he hand picked each of the sets of bull horns lining the room, where he liked to sit for the show, and things like that. While it was a nice nod, it clarified that this was no attempt to recreate, but rather to remember a beloved show. The performance moves quickly at a rather short 20 minutes. But they are probably going to have to pad the short running time, especially for those paying for the evening dinner packages (those folks are surely going to expect a show with more substance). Regardless, the show was polished, raucous, and a heck of a lot of fun.

Were you there at today's performance? What did you think?

I'd like to offer my thanks to Becka at Mouseinfo and Robert Daps for their companionship today.

Last edited by Fishbulb; 01-10-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Minion

re: The Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue kicks off today at Disneyland

Thank you for the pictures.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

I will be there next week, and i hope a more permanent version stays

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Team Hail HYDRA

looks fun
    still need to order my AP tickets.........

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Not So New Member

Can't wait to see
    disney lady

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb View Post

Were you there at today's performance? What did you think?

I was also at the first show today and my whole family enjoyed it. I was happy to see it for the history and to see the classic songs performed. I was ecstatic that it also kept my squirmy 5 year old entertained the entire time, and not many shows do that! It was a fantastic treat!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: The Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue kicks off today at Disneyland

I don't think it should go away after one short month. This is a show that Disneyland needs!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Sad to hear that no Wally Boag material was included seemingly (love that Pecos Bill song), but look forward to seeing it all the same with the 'dinner' package.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I don't think it should go away after one short month. This is a show that Disneyland needs!
    TOTALLY AGREED. This show needs to stay and come into its own. This is a wonderful attraction that really ads to the park.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

We were there, and are in one of your pictures in Walt's Box Seats. First show right?

Anyway, I posted and reviewed the show a couple hours ago under another topic. Should be just a few under this one by now.
    There is just one moon and one golden sun. And a smile means friendship to every one. Though the mountains divide and the oceans are wide it's a small world after all.

~the forgotten verse and spirit of the attraction

• formerly very helpful

Sounds great. I guess now is the time to start flooding Disney with all the letters and E-mails to keep this show!

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I'm so happy there will be a video for those of us who won't be able to make it down there. I, too, hope it will be around longer than a month!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Back in Black

I can't wait to go see it! I have to admit something... This is very hard to say...

Ive... Never been to see any show at the Golden Horseshoe.
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

• Disneyland PAP

I had opened to get there earlier, but eventually I made it out to the 2pm show. I rushed into the park about 1:40p and made a beeline for Frontierland via Adventureland and the Pioneer Merchantile. Got to the Golden Horseshoe and learned about the standby line to wait in in case seats opened up. Only took ten minutes before they let us into the GH. After a quick survey of the bottom floor, I headed upstairs and took a seat behind and to the right of the tech booth operators.

The show started promptly at 2pm. I'd never seen any of the original GH Revues in person, only familiar with the 10,000th show aired on the Disneyland TV show. I had a great time!!! It had such an aire of fun, Disney-style risqué (with the can can girls' dances which took me by surprise!) and friskiness which was a hoot! I also commend the live band and the opening numbers for getting the show off to a rousing start.

I agree, this show should continue on well past the scheduled four weeks. However, while I was hoping for the Billys to be a part of the show, I'm kind of glad they didn't try to perform any of Wally Boag's stuff. The thing about having new performers perform classic comedy routines is that most often, it pales in comparison to those that made it classic. I know Wally Boag is well loved and admired, and what made his stuff great was Wally Boag performing it.

One other thing I wanted to mention is I asked a CM if one person could arrive early to claim tickets for a particular show for a larger group who would arrive at the park later. She said "Yes" and that at show time, they just wouldn't let the party in until everyone in the group was there. I have a large group of friends who want to see it together, so this is great news as some of us can get there early to claim enough tickets for our group, and the rest who can't arrive until later will still be able to join us.

• Hello Dolly.

Thanks for the pics.
    Looks great wish I could go see it myself!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast