Golden Horseshoe Revue, My Thoughts...

I was fortunate enough to be one of the first ones to see the premier showing of the GHR at 11:30am today! And was able to get a seat right in front, and center. I was there for two reasons. One, to see and support my dear friend who portrayed Miss Lily. And two, to embrace the wonderful nostalgia that I remember of this show when I saw it all the time in the 80's and early 90's...before they finally closed the show permanently.

I knew going into the saloon that this show would not be a direct replica of the original or of the jamboree version. But simply as they put it, a tribute. There were so many great nods to a lot of the songs from both shows, and in my eyes (and ears), I was NOT disappointed in the least. Infact, through the entire show I became very teary-eyed and sentimental. What a beautiful job the entire cast did, and especially Miss Lily! I know that the late Betty Taylor was beaming from up above!

My only disappointment is the fact that this show is lasting for just a month. I'm really hoping Disney realizes that keeping this show going would be an amazing thing to do! And after seeing the show today, I'm reminded how much Disneyland needs this type of classic entertainment.

The best part of all for me today was being able to get a private photo taken with Miss Lily after the first show! I have seen this friend of mine perform in many Disney stage shows since 1987, and for me, she owned the Golden Horseshoe Stage today and made the character of Miss Lily her own. Hats off to her!

Go see the show, and make sure you let City Hall know how much you enjoyed it and would love for it to continue past the date it's supposed to end.

And if you see me at the show, say hello!

• The "zip" in your doo dah

Re: Golden Horseshoe Revue, My Thoughts...

Sounds great to me! I too would love for the Golden Horseshoe to return to it original purpose. (The Billys never filled that void for me) My only reservation for a long term show is that it can't be built on nostalgia - or it won't last. I would love for the tribute show to run its course and then reopen with an all new show.

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by MonteJ View Post
    Sounds great to me! I too would love for the Golden Horseshoe to return to it original purpose. (The Billys never filled that void for me) My only reservation for a long term show is that it can't be built on nostalgia - or it won't last. I would love for the tribute show to run its course and then reopen with an all new show.
    I'd love for it to be both shows. Switch up between the revue and the billy's. Maybe the billy's for afternoon shows since they are fun/lighthearted and the revue for dinner shows since it's a "grander" experience more suited to dinner. Make the revue a little longer and add in some additional meal types I think it would be perfect.

We saw the show yesterday, and Miss Lilly did a really great job. My wife thought she looked very familiar. What were the other shows that she has done?

• Banned User

They really should bring back Fritos, chili, and Pepsi Cola for this..... it just adds to the whole experience.

[EDIT: they do have chili! And chili cheese fries too! (Still need the Fritos and Pepsi, though....)]