Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    There have been pretty certain rumors promulgated around the internet that this February Innoventions would be demolished and turned into an Iron Man ride. Al even discussed this impending project not too long ago.

I'd love to see it, and given that not many guests visit, and even less enjoy, Innoventions, it seems like a good idea to utilize this part of Tomorrowland to reinvigorate this land. Didn't Microsoft sponsor this attraction? Can't see how it helped their companies image as the technology is dated, and out of touch with today's consumer . . . television screen pictures on the walls of the future? Really!?

For an Iron Man E-Ticket, that would presumably involve a track that loops out of the Innoventions building, and a budget around $150 to $200 million.

Yet the big wigs at Burbank have said that there won't be any big construction projects in the U.S. over the next couple years outside of Avatarland and the Fantasyland addition in Orlando. I'm kinda skeptical that this attraction is coming, and I think that the Frontierland project is more likely.
    no one at Marvel I know can confirm nor deny it, but were surprised the rumor wasn't for DCA...

• No Disassemble!

I wouldn't put it past Disney to use the popularity of the Iron Man franchise as a justification for a major Innoventions refurbishment. Microsoft and Honda especially have exciting technologies in beta development that could bring enough of a draw to the attraction once word gets around. Here are a few technologies on the horizon from these two sponsors.

Microsoft 2020 technology future vision - YouTube

This reminds me of Wall-E:
    New Honda UNI-CUB Personal Mobility Future Device Designed for Harmony with People Tech News - YouTube

This one isn't a video from Microsoft (there was a leaked video but it got taken off youtube) but it is basically a hologram technology that serves as the basis for a 360 surroundable 3D hologram technology that Microsoft has filed for patent. The rumor is that this will be used in the next.. next XBOX.

Japanese Scientists Create Touchable Holograms - YouTube

The point is that even though Iger announced that Tomorrowland will get an exciting Iron Man/Marvel attraction that doesn't necessarily mean "ride". With the limited amount of real estate in and around Innoventions the only way you can have a ride there is to resurrect the People Mover and even if you do that there's a whole lot of room for exhibit space to go with the queue.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Minion

I don't believe anything that comes out of the mouth of a CM. I really don't see how a lead would know something like this, BTW.

I'm skeptical on Inoventions staying, AND on it leaving for an Iron Man attraction. I've come to realize you can't really trust anything anyone says, including those who work for the company. I'll believe we're getting an Iron Man attraction when it's announced by Disney, along with some shovel digging. Basically, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• I'm a Lutheran

Well, if it stays, I still have no interest in going in there. I've been in there once, and I don't need to go in there again. Albeit the last time I was in there was back at the time of A Bug's Life's release...they had a whole exhibit about the advent of CGI animation if I remember correctly.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

My 4 yr old is impressed by Innoventions- haha. Maybe that's who they're marketing to nowadays!

• Seeker of Fun

Innoventions needs to drop off the face of the earth...it's terrible. Not to mention wasted space.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by jbean View Post
    My 4 yr old is impressed by Innoventions- haha. Maybe that's who they're marketing to nowadays!
    I do have to admit that my kids like playing games in there...to my constant eye-rolling!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Sock Puppet

Us castmembers(Im an ex CM) we are always the last ones to know about updates and "news" I wouldn't rely on a castmembers "word" or what they hear through the grapevine. If you asked a co worker about rumors of your job or your position what would you want them to say? Much to worry about?

What if the sponsors are renewed but for the Stark Expo attraction? Innoventions closes, Stark Expo opens ( I'm thinking it would be more then or not at all an overlay) with the same sponsors.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Dead men tell no tales.

As much as Innoventions is a waste of space, if this turns out to be true, I guess it means we're spared a Marvel ride for another few years, although that's just a speculation too.

• Herr Ducktor!

I love how topsy-turvy this is: here we are, lamenting the possibility that an attraction might NOT be going away.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: It's Sad...Rumor from Disneyland Innoventions

I think that if DL Innovention could get a touchup by WDI and reinvest in the original theme. Maybe if we could get them to knock out the back wall of the place they could reincorperate the People into it and if they reuse the Cast Services Center east of Main Street they could make a nice little Show Bulding to make an actual ride opposed to a ride through. Maybe make a story involving Tom Morrow...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I think that if DL Innovention could get a touchup by WDI and reinvest in the original theme. Maybe if we could get them to knock out the back wall of the place they could reincorperate the People into it and if they reuse the Cast Services Center east of Main Street they could make a nice little Show Bulding to make an actual ride opposed to a ride through. Maybe make a story involving Tom Morrow...
    They've really let the People Mover track rust away.

Anyway, Innoventions is sort of a shell, i.e. concrete walls on the outside, and the middle has the big rotating floor system, plus the attraction isn't at grade in order to accomodate said system.

They could knock down the whole Innoventions building, and Redd Rockets Pizza, and even *move* the Autopia queue to Fantasyland, which would make enough land available for a big E-Ticket, a D-Ticket, plus a new themed restaurant.

They could knock down the whole Innoventions building, and Redd Rockets Pizza, and even *move* the Autopia queue to Fantasyland, which would make enough land available for a big E-Ticket, a D-Ticket, plus a new themed restaurant.
    Moving the Autopia queue is one of the better ideas I have heard. I wonder if it could be done without too much mess since the tracks all split away from each other. The queue could be in that gully in between the waters of the motorboat cruise and the Subs.

• No Disassemble!

They've really let the People Mover track rust away.
    I bet you that a billion dollar budget could make that track nice and shiny again and fix the support beams too.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast