Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: It's Sad...Rumor from Disneyland Innoventions

How recent is that photo of Tom Morrow? That is depressing..

I haven't been to Inoventions since Windows 8 came out.

with all the product placement in the tv shows, I can imagine that there must be new displays featuring Windows 8 hardware.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by gary94080 View Post
    I haven't been to Inoventions since Windows 8 came out.

with all the product placement in the tv shows, I can imagine that there must be new displays featuring Windows 8 hardware.
    I think they just upgraded to XP.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• "What is thy bidding?"

Rumors are fun..Here is a fun one...I heard Imagineers have plans/continuing development project of cloning a version of "Mission Space" utilizing the real estate where Innoventions currently resides with a "Nod" to Yesterlands "Mission to Mars"
    You will believe this when you see it... bahhhhaaaa!!!

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think they just upgraded to XP.
    I'll have to see if I can still put that whole exhibit into "power down" mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Goofy View Post
    Rumors are fun..Here is a fun one...I heard Imagineers have plans/continuing development project of cloning a version of "Mission Space" utilizing the real estate where Innoventions currently resides with a "Nod" to Yesterlands "Mission to Mars"
    You will believe this when you see it... bahhhhaaaa!!!
    Are you kidding?!? How can you say they'll re-purpose a place where Disney's making 300% profit selling crappy space pizzas?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• "What is thy bidding?"

Are you kidding?!? How can you say they'll re-purpose a place where Disney's making 300% profit selling crappy space pizzas?

Uh..er..oh..I forgot about the "Crappy Space Pizzas"...ugh....

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Goofy View Post
    Uh..er..oh..I forgot about the "Crappy Space Pizzas"...ugh....
    Sorry to burst your bubble , they really are good.. for space-pizzas that is.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I took the photo the day of the original post last Thursday. I took it from behind the temp. currtain they have infront of him. There is a gap in between each sheet and I snap one photo (should of did more) before a CM could see me

• Minion

Interesting how so many people are excited for an E-ticket ride to replace a non-restrictive attraction like Innoventions despite the numerous posts describing children's enjoyment of it, but the mere mention of possibly putting a thrill ride on Tom Sawyer Island in another post was practically crucified

• The Lucky Rabbit

This is the same "rumor" I was told and posted in an Innoventions post around November of last year. In one sense we should have public clarification of this as of January 31st. You might ask why? Well Taylor Morrison (the main dream home sponsor) has been putting out an annual Dream Home Giveaway in partnership with Disney for many years. Ever year the contest runs from January 31st to the end of June/July. The winner is selected and then gets to visit the park in the fall including the Dream Home in Innoventions to pick out ideas they'd like to see in their recently won home.

So if we see another Taylor Morrison / Disney contest at the end of the month we will know that sponsorship is still around for at least another year.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Interesting how so many people are excited for an E-ticket ride to replace a non-restrictive attraction like Innoventions despite the numerous posts describing children's enjoyment of it, but the mere mention of possibly putting a thrill ride on Tom Sawyer Island in another post was practically crucified
    don't you dare put a ride on Tom Sawyers island!

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• The Lucky Rabbit

Although Tom Sawyer ride is getting off topic, I still liked the idea of an underwater passage to the bottom of the Injun Joe Cavern to that bricked over drain facade in front of Haunted Mansion by the water front. I know not doable but still was a cool idea from the Imagineers.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    First off, not every E-ticket is a thrill ride. There has been no mention of the type of ride or ride system that will be used to replace Innoventions other than the rumor that it will involve Iron Man.

Secondly, the quality of the attraction should be taken into consideration as well. Comparing Innoventions to the island is like comparing Jumpin' Jellyfish to Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by OswaldTheRabbit View Post
    Although Tom Sawyer ride is getting off topic, I still liked the idea of an underwater passage to the bottom of the Injun Joe Cavern to that bricked over drain facade in front of Haunted Mansion by the water front. I know not doable but still was a cool idea from the Imagineers.
    It sounds cool on paper since it would provide quick and easy access to the island, but I think it would take away a lot of what makes the island special. As of now, it is only reachable by raft and gives the extra feeling of separation from the rest of the park. It gives one a chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The Lucky Rabbit

Your right about Tom Sawyer's Island (look how none of us call it Pirate's Lair, shows where our loyalties are, ) , it does sound good on paper and I agree that it would detract from the feeling you get on the island. That being said, I do wish they would have reconstructed the Fort on the Island, I mean it lasted 40 years before falling to deep into disrepair. I am sure there are modern techniques to still have the form and function.

Also still a "rumor" but having to do with Innoventions, going to back to an earlier post I had made; the rumor was that Iron Man will be taking over the Autopia footprint, not Innoventions. But again just a rumor.

-----------------

Far aside about the Windows 8 -> XP joke earlier in this, I was on Toy Story Midway Mania when our specific display went blue, and then showed us a Windows XP desktop as the tried to resolve the issue.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

If it is true than can WDI change some of the displays inside. I mean they have the big open spot that they only seem to place Honda there at the top of the stairs?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast