Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• KristyLee Photo

Re: It's Sad...Rumor from Disneyland Innoventions

From a source who works for Disney Imagineering, a tony stark expo is planned, but contracts are still pending before moving forward. From what he has divulged, via a very informative podcast that is readily available, is that contracts for the remaining sponsors expired in January 2013. Of course jobs will probably not be lost, they may just be reassigned for awhile. I'm no expert on this and by no means want to undermine your information, but this source seems more dependable then a cast member.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

No, I know that getting it from WDI vs. a CM would make sence. The attraction is starting to look so sad. I am just hoping that the Stark attraction will pay respect in some way to the current attraction (and I know they will) but not for what it came but what it was.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• KristyLee Photo

Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    lol how the heck does her lead know? The decisions aren't even made anywhere near his or her level. Even if they were made, It doesn't really concern them.

Maybe I'm wrong, but what's the point in notifying a leader that nothing is changing? The only reason they would be notified is if their job is going to be effected in the future. It's just hard for me to take that as fact, since that leader is so far in the hierarchy from the area of that type of decision making.
    Clipped from Micechat.com refurb info page:

New Iron Man-themed E-Ticket attraction replacing InnoventionsDetails: Plans to add a new E-Ticket attraction include reutilizing the Carousel Theater, currently occupied by Innoventions and space currently used for backstage purposes, according to Al Lutz's 1/5 column. More recent rumors suggest the Carousel Theater will be completely demolished to make way for a yet-unannounced Tomorrowland E-Ticket. In his October 16 column, Al Lutz reported that a new Iron Man-themed E-Ticket attraction would be built on the current site of Innoventions. Demolition of the Carousel Theater is expected to begin February 2013. Disney has yet to officially announce the attraction.
    Project Status: Demolition of current Carousel Theater/Innoventions facility expected to begin 2013.
    Open Date: Later this decade

• Disneyland 20 year APH

It seems that the leads are still telling each CM at Innoventions that its now 3-5 year sponcers contracts. No Tony Stark . But I did hear a new rummor last night that they may Move Pizza Port inside Innoventions so that they could keep the building spinning. I don't think that will happen.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Former Cast Member

I hope that Innoventions gets leveled. What a total waste of land and space.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by diva98ri View Post
    Clipped from Micechat.com refurb info page:

New Iron Man-themed E-Ticket attraction replacing InnoventionsDetails: Plans to add a new E-Ticket attraction include reutilizing the Carousel Theater, currently occupied by Innoventions and space currently used for backstage purposes, according to Al Lutz's 1/5 column. More recent rumors suggest the Carousel Theater will be completely demolished to make way for a yet-unannounced Tomorrowland E-Ticket. In his October 16 column, Al Lutz reported that a new Iron Man-themed E-Ticket attraction would be built on the current site of Innoventions. Demolition of the Carousel Theater is expected to begin February 2013. Disney has yet to officially announce the attraction.
    Project Status: Demolition of current Carousel Theater/Innoventions facility expected to begin 2013.
    Open Date: Later this decade
    But then you add this "little-O" piece of information from Al .... dated FEBRUARY 5,2013..............

Meanwhile, here on the opposite coast, plans for a Marvel based thrill ride repurposing of the Innoventions building at Disneyland were quietly put on hold. ............. All of the major pieces are still there in that 10 year capital plan; hotel expansion near Downtown Disney, additional parking to complement Anaheim’s planned streetcar line, a strategic plan to keep improving DCA cosmetically in the Hollywood Land and Paradise Pier areas, plus new rides in a remake of Tomorrowland and park expansion pads beyond the berm behind Frontierland and Critter Country.

There’s a realization that as DCA’s attendance grew by over three million new visitors in 2012, with Cars Land only open for half of that year and sucking over a million away from Disneyland, that Disneyland needs more than just new parades and one-off attraction additions in the next ten years. The executive team is recalibrating when the big money gets spent in Walt Disney’s original magic kingdom and is pooling their resources to go after a big Tomorrowland overhaul that would open all at once in a grand Cars Land type reveal, rather than in bits and pieces over several years like the New Fantasyland project in WDW has been doing.
    Add that to the original posters words about CMs working through another 2 years ... and we can all put a few more pieces together of this puzzle .... That Tomorrowland is going to continue to be a land of procrastination and endless blue sky proposals!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1955 View Post
    Just playing Devils advocate here... But what would happen if Disney went after sponsors, but then the sponsors decided it wasn't worth the money? Innoventions is a dud to us, yes, but if Disney is able to nail down sponsors, that must mean they're getting their money's worth somehow.

So if all the sponsors said no, Disney just has to rush forward with replacing it with no solid plans? Do they just leave it dark until they do have something to replace it? Just leave everything thats already there inside?
    This sort of thing happens all the time. And it happens with most businesses. Disney is not the only one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345