Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67
  1. #1

    • Disneyland 19 year APH
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brea, Ca
    Posts
    1,021

    It's Sad...Rumor from Disneyland Innoventions

    I have just returned from Disneyland today and visited Innoventions. I was talking to a castmember and she stated that her lead has eased her concerns about her position. Her lead told her that Disney has confirmed that Innoventions has renewed its sponsors for two years and they are still trying for 5 years.

    What this will mean for Tomorrowland is that any plans are going to be pushed until after the 60th Anniversary.

    Too bad for Tom Morrow nothing will change his state any time soon…


    Name:  Tom Morrow2013110.JPG
Views: 3037
Size:  43.7 KB

    What is your thoughts about this news and how does this change the Marvel ride?
    Last edited by brianpinsky; 01-10-2013 at 10:44 PM.

  2. #2

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    What is your thoughts about this news and how does this change the Marvel ride?
    Meaning no offense, my thoughts are that the CM's story needs significant verification before it could be called "news." Yes, it could turn out to be accurate (and it wouldn't surprise me if it were true). But over the years there have been any number of stories that a poster "heard from a CM," which turned out to be untrue. CMs and leads are often unreliable sources of information on Disney Corporate plans, not because of who they are but because of their position with the structure of the Disney corporate hierarchy, with its notoriously unreliable information flow and even more notorious internal rumor machine.

    Meanwhile, I'd call this a rumor (which, as I said, wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true).
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 01-10-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    lol how the heck does her lead know? The decisions aren't even made anywhere near his or her level. Even if they were made, It doesn't really concern them.

    Maybe I'm wrong, but what's the point in notifying a leader that nothing is changing? The only reason they would be notified is if their job is going to be effected in the future. It's just hard for me to take that as fact, since that leader is so far in the hierarchy from the area of that type of decision making.
    Last edited by Disneytwins; 01-10-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  4. #4

    • ~
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    556

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Meaning no offense, my thoughts are that the CM's story needs significant verification before it could be called "news." Yes, it could turn out to be accurate (and it wouldn't surprise me if it were true). But over the years there have been any number of stories that a poster "heard from a CM," which turned out to be untrue. CMs and leads are often unreliable sources of information on Disney Corporate plans, not because of who they are but because of their position with the structure of the Disney corporate hierarchy, with its notoriously unreliable information flow and even more notorious internal rumor machine.

    Meanwhile, I'd call this a rumor (which, as I said, wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true).
    ^ This.

    It's still interesting to discuss the implications of Innovations staying around for a while and how we would feel about it, but this isn't "news", it's a rumor. There have been plenty of recent unconfirmed rumors regarding the future of Innovations.

  5. #5

    • I'm Theme Park Happy!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,566

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    lol how the heck does her lead know? The decisions aren't even made anywhere near his or her level. Even if they were made, It doesn't really concern them.

    Maybe I'm wrong, but what's the point in notifying a leader that nothing is changing? The only reason they would be notified is if their job is going to be effected in the future. It's just hard for me to take that as fact, since that leader is so far in the hierarchy from the area of that type of decision making.
    Yet people here, meaning Micechat.com, can report leaked stories they've heard from someone deep within the buisness because you know they too are NOT inside the company. Where I work, gossip does travel fast and most times the rumor turns true.

    So yes you could be wrong, the OP could be wrong BUT they could be right. I don't care if this is news or rumor but regardless it is information that is possibly leaked down the ranks just like MiceChat.com reports news/rumors that are leaked down the ranks.

    Now I will say that maybe just because they have sponsors for the next 2 to 5 years could mean the change of Tony Stark is still coming with "sponsorship" already in place or deals coming into place for the new Tomorrowland that is still in its own right, just that, a rumor. I could see that happening.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com



  6. #6

    • Disneyland 19 year APH
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brea, Ca
    Posts
    1,021

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    Ooops... I thought the news and rumors where under the same tag, I will be more careful posting next time.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Yet people here, meaning Micechat.com, can report leaked stories they've heard from someone deep within the buisness because you know they too are NOT inside the company. Where I work, gossip does travel fast and most times the rumor turns true.

    So yes you could be wrong, the OP could be wrong BUT they could be right. I don't care if this is news or rumor but regardless it is information that is possibly leaked down the ranks just like MiceChat.com reports news/rumors that are leaked down the ranks.

    Now I will say that maybe just because they have sponsors for the next 2 to 5 years could mean the change of Tony Stark is still coming with "sponsorship" already in place or deals coming into place for the new Tomorrowland that is still in its own right, just that, a rumor. I could see that happening.
    Geeze, I was just saying why I don't find it credible. I didn't need confirmation that I may be wrong. I already acknowledged that fact
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  8. #8

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,598

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I was talking to a castmember...
    Unfortunately, tomorrow you may talk to a different worker and get an entirely different story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Yet people here, meaning Micechat.com, can report leaked stories they've heard from someone deep within the buisness because you know they too are NOT inside the company.
    I don't believe those all the time, either.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    Sponsors, shmonsors. Innoventions is a dud "attraction", with little popularity. It just takes up space in Tomorrowland.

    Keeping an unpopular attraction just because of sponsorship is putting the cart before the horse. Shouldn't the guests come first?

  10. #10

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,040
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    Are Cast Members who work Innoventions in a common rotation to work other attractions? Unless Disney is planning to just tell them all they're out of work one day, I would suspect an impending closure (for whatever reasons) would become known by Cast Members when nobody is assigned to work their or if they are all started on training for elsewhere.

  11. #11

    • The doctor is in
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    1,014 miles away
    Posts
    2,335

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    Rumors...
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.













  12. #12

    • Johnny and Me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    23 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    3,351

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    I understand that CMs who work in Innoventions do not work anywhere else. The position is separate from the "Attractions" position on Disney's job application.

  13. #13

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Not at Disneyland :(
    Posts
    2,477

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    CMs and leads are often unreliable sources of information on Disney Corporate plans, not because of who they are but because of their position with the structure of the Disney corporate hierarchy, with its notoriously unreliable information flow and even more notorious internal rumor machine.
    Exactly, I've worked for companies before and the last to know are the front line employees. These decisions are made so far up the chain. I would guess that every CM working Innoventions, Autopia, Pizza Port, Captain EO, well heck probably everyone in Tomorrowland for that matter has heard rumors of what is going to happen with respect to where they work. Which sponsors have actually renewed and if they renewed could it not be that they renewed under the pretense that something new be done to invigorate their products? Isn't Honda a sponsor? That could mean a lot of different things that they might want to be involved with.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

  14. #14

    • Back in Black
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Burbank
    Posts
    130

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    Just playing Devils advocate here... But what would happen if Disney went after sponsors, but then the sponsors decided it wasn't worth the money? Innoventions is a dud to us, yes, but if Disney is able to nail down sponsors, that must mean they're getting their money's worth somehow.

    So if all the sponsors said no, Disney just has to rush forward with replacing it with no solid plans? Do they just leave it dark until they do have something to replace it? Just leave everything thats already there inside?
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

    ---That goat has dynamite!---

  15. #15

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,836

    Re: It's Sad...News from Disneyland Innoventions

    ​Innoventions has a lot of possibility to be cool and I really hope they fix it up so it is.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Rumor] Meg Crofton out as Disneyworld President George K from Disneyland in . 2013
    By lighttragic in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
  2. [Rumor] FastPass - Will Disney Get Rid of It? The Latest Rumor from the Resort
    By AidensDaddy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 224
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 04:49 PM
  3. Pictures from Disneyland's Future
    By AgentOrange in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 10:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •