Ah, Mary Poppins homage? Very nice.
The only tradition I can think of is when we're riding PoTC. The captain of the ship orders the crew to "fire at will", and we shout out, "Which one's Will?"
...Which always made me think the writers of the film version also did the same thing.
yes i know i have a lot of traditions but i remember when i'm there. umm... well my friend and i listen to a song on our ipod on big thunder. and when we walk under the tracks in line we slap our butt. dont ask, i forgot why... and at dca we have a spot we lay down in the animation building. oh yeah, we're cool!
We enter the Park from the tunnel on the left. Read the plaque to remind us to follow it, so we have a great time. Proceed to City Hall to pick up a birthday button and Goofy's phone call (each trip is in relation to one of our six b-days). Then let the "b-day boy or girl" decide which ride to go on first. Of course, I always supercede that decision with one thing...A stop in the Disneyana store to see what's new, then we are off to the ride. The final tradition of the trip would be to let the b-day boy decide what will be the last thing to ride on for that trip.
There are others, but they are small (like churro's, whips, candy) and are mixed in the middle of our trips.
Mine is not entering, but rather leaving. Those that I'm with and I always take a nice, relaxing ride on the railroad, usually the last time they go around the park. It's so peaceful to see the Park when it's closing.
Whenever my cousins and I go to Disneyland the first thing we all do is run to space mountain. Last one to get there has to get fastpasses for everyone on a ride selected by the majority. And of course the usual calling of "Shotgun" for the ride home, which is basically a sprint to the car once the tram has made a full and complete stop. In that case, the first one to touch the car is awarded the front passenger seat.
1. Stupid Jokes on the various attractions, same jokes every time
2. bet on which door mara will let us through. Everyone goes in one dollar, winner gets pot.
3. pretend to be confused as to the whereabouts of Country Bear Jamboree
4. Split pasta from rocket Rodds with my wife
5. complement ourselves on our fast-pass savy ways.
6. admit confusion about Snow White's Scary Adventure
7. admit delight that Mr. Toad goes to hell
8. give away excess fast-passes at the end of the day to people at the end of various lines. you make lots of friends that way
9. the ol' "Sure, the matterhorn is nice, but not near as nice as the one in my backyard" jokes
10. Splash Mountian log. my fat dad, fat brother, fat brother in law, fat me, skinny wife and sisters. splash of epic porportions...
St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.
"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert
Always have to go seek out Shelly in the camera shop and tell her how DL is so much better because she works there. Here's the stupid one. I stop in front of the fire engine while it's driving down Main Street until he honks at me to move. Then I pretend to not hear him.