View Poll Results: Do you guys think this is a good idea?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! This is a Great Idea! Everyone would Love It!

    8 53.33%
  • No, I don't like the original version,I prefer the current one with Dr.Nigel Channing.

    0 0%
  • No, This is just a downright disaster. I don't like Dreamfinder or Figment

    7 46.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    I think that they should bring Journey into Imagination with Dreamfinder and Figment attraction and Imageworks to DisneyLand. I'm sure it'd be very popular. What's not to like about the original? Do you guys like this idea?

  2. #2

    • formerly very helpful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,834

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    As much as I loved the original Journey Into Imagination - and I voted yes - I think what is needed more is an attraction in the same vein as the original. Lots of animatronics, beautiful, creative sets, catchy music, and a decent length for your wait. Still, if they cloned the classic attraction here, I'd be ecstatic. I suppose it could fit into Tomorrowland as much as the original fit into Futureworld.

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    As much as I loved the original Journey Into Imagination - and I voted yes - I think what is needed more is an attraction in the same vein as the original. Lots of animatronics, beautiful, creative sets, catchy music, and a decent length for your wait. Still, if they cloned the classic attraction here, I'd be ecstatic. I suppose it could fit into Tomorrowland as much as the original fit into Futureworld.
    Well I like your idea aswell. Only reason why is think it'd be better for the original to come there is because a lot of people don't really know the characters very well. I'd rather have them have a new Dreamfinder and Figment attraction in the spirit of the original at the magic eye Theater. That way there are two attractions that are well themed. New Imagworks activities would be a nice touch aswell as the classic activities with modernized effects.

  4. #4

    • formerly very helpful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,834

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    Hey, if they put it in, I'd be one of the first in line, after you.

  5. #5

    • ~
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    524

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    I don't think that Journey into Imagination would work well in Disneyland. Tomorrowland is not equivalent to Future World. The Imagination Pavilion complimented the other pavilions, it was a demonstration of how imagination is the heart of all the innovations and progress highlighted in Future World, how creativity is essential to the advancements that we have witnessed and experienced. Without this environment created that was created by the other pavilions, I don't think Journey into the Imagination would have the same effect-- its placement in Tomorrowland would seem random. The other pavilions are essential for Journey into the Imagination's premise to really be effective, and Tomorrowland's current form does not replicate that environment. I would love to see Journey into Imagination restored to its former glory, but Disneyland isn't the right place for it. Epcot is its true home-- I only wish that entire park could once again become as great as it once was.
    Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 01-11-2013 at 03:52 PM.

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I don't think that Journey into Imagination would work well in Disneyland. Tomorrowland is not equivalent to Future World. The Imagination Pavilion complimented the other pavilions, it was a demonstration of how imagination is the heart of all the innovations and progress highlighted in Future World, how creativity is essential to the advancements that we have witnessed and experienced. Without this environment created that was created by the other pavilions, I don't think Journey into the Imagination would have the same effect-- its placement in Tomorrowland would seem random. The other pavilions are essential for Journey into the Imagination's premise to really be effective, and Tomorrowland's current form does not replicate that environment. I would love to see Journey into Imagination restored to its former glory, but Disneyland isn't the right place for it. Epcot is its true home-- I only wish that entire park could once again become as great as it once was.
    I guess I kinda see what you mean. However. This doesn't mean it couldn't be placed elsewhere in the park though. Maybe California Adventure??? Fantasyland??? I feel that it should be put in Disneyland not only for guests to be able to get to know these characters and their attraction but also I'm sure this would also help Disney on there merchandise sales. Who knows. Maybe if it does really well, Epcot center will bring back the original too. That'd be great.

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    Sure itd be sorta random but who care. All that matters is is that the attraction gets positive feedback from the guests and that the kids have a good time too. Dreamfinder and Figment will then become a Disney hit. Who knows, it could even maybe get them their own television cartoon series? Who knows. But all I know is, everyone will enjoy a lot. It will become an instant classic. Also it'll be nice seeing Dreamfinder and Figment meeting and greeting with the guests. How fun. Lol I hope the new Disney CEO sees this. Cause we all know "man has a dream,and that's the start,he follows his dream with mind and heart,and when it becomes a reality,it's a dream come true for you and me" And also "A dream can be a dream come true with just that spark,for me and you."

  8. #8

    • ~
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    524

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Maybe California Adventure??? Fantasyland??? I feel that it should be put in Disneyland not only for guests to be able to get to know these characters and their attraction but also I'm sure this would also help Disney on there merchandise sales. Who knows. Maybe if it does really well, Epcot center will bring back the original too. That'd be great.
    The attraction doesn't fit the theme of DCA. Fantasyland did pop into my mind when reading this-- the attraction's fanciful, whimsical premise could potentially fit into the land's theme. But there really isn't adequate room for the attraction there and I'm not a fan of trying to squeeze attractions into the "best fitting" land-- an attraction should be created to enhance the land, not shoe-horned in with loose thematic ties.

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Sure itd be sorta random but who care. All that matters is is that the attraction gets positive feedback from the guests and that the kids have a good time too.
    I disagree-- I think that cohesive theming is an extremely important element to the experience of a Disney park. I love the idea and the premise behind Journey into the Imagination, but I don't think that Disneyland has the resources to accommodate it in an appropriate fashion. I do, however, think it is exactly what Epcot needs and that should be restored there-- as wishful thinking as that may be.

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,605

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    I voted yes because I only ever got to experience this incredible-looking attraction on YouTube and the replacements, with their severe misunderstanding of what imagination is - it's the five senses apparently? - are the perfect microcosm for everything that was wrong with the company at that time. The difference between the sheer ambition of taking guest on a journey through the human imagination vs. taking them on a tour of a science lab with a comedian scientist is just staggering. And since I have no idea when I'll ever get to Florida, putting the original the DLR seems like my best chance of riding it.

    However, I agree with GatheringRosebuds that it can't just be shoved in anywhere. Thematically, I think it would fit best near "it's a small world", but space wise, I don't know how it would fit. Maybe in the third gate?
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 01-12-2013 at 04:37 AM.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

    Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

    Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu


    Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com



    Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

  10. #10

    • formerly very helpful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,834

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    I do admit that Gatheringrosebuds makes a very good point. Well put.

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    I voted yes because I only ever got to experience this incredible-looking attraction on YouTube and the replacements, with their severe misunderstanding of what imagination is - it's the five senses apparently? - are the perfect microcosm for everything that was wrong with the company at that time. The difference between the sheer ambition of taking guest on a journey through the human imagination vs. taking them on a tour of a science lab with a comedian scientist is just staggering. And since I have no idea when I'll ever get to Florida, putting the original the DLR seems like my best chance of riding it.

    However, I agree with GatheringRosebuds that it can't just be shoved in anywhere. Thematically, I think it would fit best near "it's a small world", but space wise, I don't know how it would fit. Maybe in the third gate?
    Lol, same with me. I've only seen videos on YouTube. I've never been to Florida or wdw or Epcot lol. But ya it'd be epic to have Journey into Imagination at DL

  12. #12

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center
    Posts
    241

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    Oh and yes, the two replacements suck. I certainly don't like Dr.Channing an his boring open house. The original is heck of alot better with lovable and memorable characters,and an overall fun and exciting theme.

  13. #13

    • Just this guy......
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,522

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    I did not dislike the original Journey into Imagination but it's time has past and does not need to be at Disneyland.

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    233

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    Too limited a section of choices. I loved the original at EPCOT, but don't believe it could be done effectively at DLR.

  15. #15

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,542

    Re: Bringing Journey into Imagination over to DisneyLand

    Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    an attraction should be created to enhance the land, not shoe-horned in with loose thematic ties.
    This exactly. Unfortunately in this age of attraction cloning, Disney has lost sight of this. Just because an attraction is great and works well on one coast is no reason to try and cram it in on another.

    Figment is something that is unique to EPCOT. I feel that he shouldn't be Xeroxed into multiple copies for every theme park that has the Disney name plastered on the sign.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Journey Into Imagination as a metaphor for the changing state of Imagineering
    By animagusurreal in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-15-2008, 09:53 AM
  2. For all the Journey into Imagination Fans
    By kcnole in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 07:54 PM
  3. Videos: Journey into Imagination and Living with the Land
    By Club 33 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 09:43 AM
  4. ? about Journey into Imagination (original)
    By brewcrew in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 01:10 PM
  5. Imagination! Or Journey Into Imagination
    By BackIntoYourSystem in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 01:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •