Cool Just starting a thread because I'm GIDDY! Coming to Anaheim in 2 weeks!

I've been planning this trip for a few months. I'm off on Fridays with my youngest, and I love spending some time reading Micechat, cuppa joe in my hand!

Ya, no reason for this, really, just getting excited! Last week of January, get to spend 1 full week dedicated to crazy family fun!

Found great deals on this budget trip (ie. used points to book flights and airport hotel, got a 1/2 price kids suite at HoJo), making lists of where to eat, where not to eat, starting to decide what to stuff in my kids' "pet suitcases"! My daughter was Merida for Halloween, so of course the costume is coming along, wig and all!

Thanks for the enthusiasm, everyone! My kids love to sit on my lap and look at the beautiful photos you've posted!

My fave is Haunted Mansion. Can't wait...

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Re: Just starting a thread because I'm GIDDY! Coming to Anaheim in 2 weeks!

You and I will be there at the same time.

I absolutely know about all your excitement, because I am doing the same things, and most likely feeling some of the same emotions.

I am traveling alone, by choice. You will see the park from an entirely different point of view traveling with young ones.

My vacation will include Mice/Age's big celebration, so I am excited about that as much as my planned alone time.

Have a great trip, and don't be embarassed to post whatever you want. This is your thread, and I have found that many MiceChatters love these types of threads.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    You and I will be there at the same time.

I absolutely know about all your excitement, because I am doing the same things, and most likely feeling some of the same emotions.

I am traveling alone, by choice. You will see the park from an entirely different point of view traveling with young ones.

My vacation will include Mice/Age's big celebration, so I am excited about that as much as my planned alone time.

Have a great trip, and don't be embarassed to post whatever you want. This is your thread, and I have found that many MiceChatters love these types of threads.
    Thanks, we will!

Planning the trip is *almost* more fun than the actual trip itself! My kids are 3 and 5, and don't remember when we came two summers ago. I think we're going to try to make the trip every couple of years. My husband and I work for a company that participates in the NAMM show, so we are turning it into a family trip in the week following NAMM.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I look forward to hearing all about it, and if you are in the parks on a Sunday, stop by the Noon Meet in Disneyland. Just think Goofy statue, that's where people tend to congregate. MiceChat Noon Meets are fun, and they last about a half hour, perhaps 45 minutes at the most. Then sometimes people have lunch together, and perhaps ride a few rides. No need to even commit to lunching with newly met MiceChatters, of course, if you have other things planned.

I have never been to Disneyland with children that small. My first trip to a themepark was back in 1997, and we took our 4 year old grandson to Disney World. I missed seeing a lot of things, only because my eyes were on the active little boy that is my grandson. The trip did teach me one thing. I wanted to go back, and it wasn't until 2003, that I returned to Disney World. After that I journeyed to Disneyland for the first time in 2005.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I look forward to hearing all about it, and if you are in the parks on a Sunday, stop by the Noon Meet in Disneyland. Just think Goofy statue, that's where people tend to congregate. MiceChat Noon Meets are fun, and they last about a half hour, perhaps 45 minutes at the most. Then sometimes people have lunch together, and perhaps ride a few rides. No need to even commit to lunching with newly met MiceChatters, of course, if you have other things planned.

I have never been to Disneyland with children that small. My first trip to a themepark was back in 1997, and we took our 4 year old grandson to Disney World. I missed seeing a lot of things, only because my eyes were on the active little boy that is my grandson. The trip did teach me one thing. I wanted to go back, and it wasn't until 2003, that I returned to Disney World. After that I journeyed to Disneyland for the first time in 2005.
    Wow, that sounds like a great way to meet people and learn a few things, thanks!

I have visited with very small kids! Two summers ago, we did a road trip with the kids when one was 2 and the other was just 6 mos! My mom was there, too, so when we weren't enjoying the "all-ages" attractions, my husband and I went on the "big kid" rides while grandma happily waited with the kiddos! I was seriously impressed that I could ride the tea cups with the infant, then feed him at the lovely baby centre around the corner. Such a great place for families of all ages.

I can't imagine a better destination for young families.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by CanaDuh View Post
    I can't imagine a better destination for young families.
    I can't imagine a better destination.

• DLR Softie

Well, see you guys there! I'll be in the parks 01/30..
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by CanaDuh View Post
    Thanks, we will!

Planning the trip is *almost* more fun than the actual trip itself! My kids are 3 and 5, and don't remember when we came two summers ago. I think we're going to try to make the trip every couple of years. My husband and I work for a company that participates in the NAMM show, so we are turning it into a family trip in the week following NAMM.
    Your kids are, I think, the ideal age for maximum amazement and wonder. As a parent, you are going to be a world champion in their eyes. I'm a little bit jealous

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.