Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: Next LTM announced. New Orleans Bayou Bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I can only assume the big NEW items will be saved for peak times with spring break and summer and winter holidays season.
    I don't that the new items will be "big" or otherwise a lot better. My concern is that during the long break periods, it will be something rather generic. Perhaps something that to keep it fresh slowly varies over the period.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    An average guest doesn't know these offerings aren't new.
    I live in Chicago. So I only get to disneyland perhaps 7 to 10 days during a year. I am delighted that these special events are taking place.

I am making notes, as to what is happening during my vacation.

• Minion

I can only assume the big NEW items will be saved for peak times with spring break and summer and winter holidays season.
    Let's not forget that certain big things are happening this year: opening of the new Fantasy Faire, reopening of the Fantasyland Theatre, and the reopening of Big Thunder. I'm thinking those will be tied in to the peak season's big "new" things.

• Shubisha

Considering that after Tiana's Showboat Jubilee, Tiana's Mardi Gras Celebration, and the Mardi Gras/Bayou Bash have been played in one variety or another either ongoing or during early spring every year since the movie debuted, this wouldn't fall into the category of either rare or limited. :P If they wanna bring back the full show and put them on a boat, I'd take it. But I have a feeling this year's going to get to the point where they hand out a special sticker one week(and probably one that they used to give out free but stopped so they could say it's only being offered for LTM). And my money's on WDW to be the first one to pull that :P

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    And my money's on WDW to be the first one to pull that :P
    I don't know, WDW is bringing snow to Canada Pavilion with meet and greets there with what I hope is rare characters.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Under that tree again!

I don't know, WDW is bringing snow to Canada Pavilion with meet and greets there with what I hope is rare characters.
    It says "favorite friends" sounds like the Big Five to me.

?Limited Time Magic? Continues with a Winter Wonderland at Epcot?s Canada Pavilion at Walt Disney World Resort Disney Parks Blog

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Sorry, but this whole "limited time" thing is just blowing wind (with the exception of the Golden Horseshoe, which was what generated the vast majority of the positive spin for this otherwise lame promotion)

Everything announced is just regular seasonal things they have done before.

Sure the bigger things, like Independence Day gets a bigger celebration, as does Halloween and Christmas, BUT those are just regular happenings at DL.

The only thing that I wonder is if they will do something bigger for Easter this year. DL has really ignored that holiday in recent years. DL could take a lesson from Tokyo DL, on that one! ~ which rather seems ironic that Japan can teach Anaheim DL about Easter Bonnets and putting on an Easter Parade on Main Street USA.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Sorry, but this whole "limited time" thing is just blowing wind (with the exception of the Golden Horseshoe, which was what generated the vast majority of the positive spin for this otherwise lame promotion)

Everything announced is just regular seasonal things they have done before.

Sure the bigger things, like Independence Day gets a bigger celebration, as does Halloween and Christmas, BUT those are just regular happenings at DL.

The only thing that I wonder is if they will do something bigger for Easter this year. DL has really ignored that holiday in recent years. DL could take a lesson from Tokyo DL, on that one! ~ which rather seems ironic that Japan can teach Anaheim DL about Easter Bonnets and putting on an Easter Parade on Main Street USA.
    ^ Agreed!!!

Come on Disneyland be like Tokyo Disneyland with their awesome decorations.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Fireworks Finatic!

What happened to something Limited going on each week? So far it's things taking place during the weekends, mainly, for several weeks.. And yes, the same things they have done in the past..

• Nor Cal AP'er

So far the LTM promotion events are really not a "weekly" thing but more weekend-ish that stretches from one weekend to the following week? So they don't have something "new" each week technically?
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

Not very exciting IMO. A jazz band and some singing and a Princess appearance, I think they have that type of entertainment everyday. "Limited time magic" my foot. More like repackaged everyday entertainment. DL is charging premium prices and offering stale entertainment.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I agree, this is really just repackaging seasonal entertainment for the most part.
    If this is any indication, come Halloweentime they will announce LTM as including the Halloween Tree and Dia De Los Muertos. At Christmastime they will announce Billy Hill and the Holiday Hillbillies and meeting Santa Claus. There may be some unique opportunities tossed in over the 12 months but I'm starting to think they will be few and far between... limited, if you will.

Recently they mailed out calendars as the Back Stage Pass. I was excited to see what was going to be on there and was very disappointed to find it was just an advertisement of daily offerings at Disneyland. What a dud.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    What happened to something Limited going on each week? So far it's things taking place during the weekends, mainly, for several weeks.. And yes, the same things they have done in the past..
    Quote Originally Posted by Experiment 626 View Post
    So far the LTM promotion events are really not a "weekly" thing but more weekend-ish that stretches from one weekend to the following week? So they don't have something "new" each week technically?
    There was never an announcement of 52 week long events. It's LTM events during 52 weeks of the the year. Or LTM events this year.

We have 52 weeks of magical surprises planned for you at Disney Parks in 2013.
    Some vague but announced events.
    True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine’s collectibles will be offered for the week.
    Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.
    Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.
    Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
    Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
    Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.
    Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.

As such the "True Love" event will follow this announced New Orlean Bayou Bash.

Whoever green lit this campaign really dropped the ball. Nothing is interesting at all about any of it. As in, nothing.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Actually, I am looking forward to the two events that I will be able to attend at Disneyland during my almost here vacation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast